Sapphire Falls to parks: water taxi or walk? security?

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels' started by Tebrown96, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Tebrown96

Tebrown96 Mouseketeer

We are pretty fast walkers - wondering if it will be faster to walk to the parks than take the water taxi. Also, where would we go through security? At the resort or the park entrance? Same for the taxi and walking? Thanks!

2. schumigirl

schumigirl It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

It depends on the line and if you have to wait for the boat. It doesn't take long at all to walk.

If you take the boat you go through the security checks before you line up for the boat, if you walk your bags will be searched and go through the metal detector to the side of Margaritaville.

3. Catvondita

Catvondita A Quirky Strange Girl in a Disney World

I like the water taxi. I've never waited longer than 5 minutes for it

DisneyLifePapioNe likes this.
  4. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

I'll also add that if you're going to Universal, the water taxi drops you off closer to that entrance. If you're walking, the path is closer to the IOA entrance. Not a huge difference in terms of distance, but it does make for a longer walk if you were walking to Universal. Personally, I'd take advantage of the water taxi to save my legs for the park.

5. iluvet58

iluvet58 Earning My Ears

The walk is not bad at all. we were feeling adventurous on our last stay and walked from portofino to sapphire falls. Not a bad walk at all. And sapphire falls is absolutely beautiful. We ate several times there and fell in love with the place.