Sapphire Falls to parks: water taxi or walk? security?

Tebrown96

Mouseketeer
We are pretty fast walkers - wondering if it will be faster to walk to the parks than take the water taxi. Also, where would we go through security? At the resort or the park entrance? Same for the taxi and walking? Thanks!

It depends on the line and if you have to wait for the boat. It doesn't take long at all to walk.

If you take the boat you go through the security checks before you line up for the boat, if you walk your bags will be searched and go through the metal detector to the side of Margaritaville.

I'll also add that if you're going to Universal, the water taxi drops you off closer to that entrance. If you're walking, the path is closer to the IOA entrance. Not a huge difference in terms of distance, but it does make for a longer walk if you were walking to Universal. Personally, I'd take advantage of the water taxi to save my legs for the park.

The walk is not bad at all. we were feeling adventurous on our last stay and walked from portofino to sapphire falls. Not a bad walk at all. And sapphire falls is absolutely beautiful. We ate several times there and fell in love with the place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter