Sanuk flipflops?

Alot of people here on the DIS swear by them, but I am not a fan. They felt really comfy when I first put them on, but killed my arches after a couple of hours. If you are one that can wear them, Amazon usually has them for a good price. I bought two pairs from there several years ago, after someone here on the DIS recommended them.

OluKai Ohana flip flops are the most comfortable flip flops I've ever found for WDW. I can wear them all week, every day with no problem at WDW. However, they do have fairly high, very supportive arches so may not be for everyone. I have high arches with plantar fasciitis and they work wonderfully for me.

aubriee said:
Alot of people here on the DIS swear by them, but I am not a fan. They felt really comfy when I first put them on, but killed my arches after a couple of hours. If you are one that can wear them, Amazon usually has them for a good price. I bought two pairs from there several years ago, after someone here on the DIS recommended them.

OluKai Ohana flip flops are the most comfortable flip flops I've ever found for WDW. I can wear them all week, every day with no problem at WDW. However, they do have fairly high, very supportive arches so may not be for everyone. I have high arches with plantar fasciitis and they work wonderfully for me.

Oh, I have never heard of those! Wish I could go somewhere and try both but not sure where!?

I have Sanuks. I like them, but it stinks when it rains. Because it's like a yoga mat, it literally absorbs the water and when you walk, it's like you're wringing out a sponge. The water keeps coming out and it looks like soap. Living in Florida, it rains a lot, so I try to be careful and watch the weather before deciding to wear them.

I have a pair of Sanuks, and like them. But I recently bought two pairs of Reef flip flops, and those just are so much more comfortable than my Sanuks. I wore my Reefs around Chicago last weekend, and put a lot of miles on them, and had minimum discomfort.

http://www.endless.com/Reef/s/ref=a...169011&asin=B001Q3KFW8&ref=sr_1_52&pageCode=d

Here's a link to where I get mine - they have free shipping, and free returns.

I have one pair of reefs, the ones that are very similar to my teva mush. The ones you linked to aren't the same style as I have but do you find that the bottom gets slippery on these? For some reason my reefs seem to have a stiffer sole and sometimes they get slippery when wet.

I love my Sanuks, but I can't walk all day in them because of the lack of arch support. I did wear them by the pool last month, and when they get wet, they "bubble". I mean, the bubbles were pouring out of the things, it was actually funny :lmao:.

I love my Sanuks, but I can't walk all day in them because of the lack of arch support. I did wear them by the pool last month, and when they get wet, they "bubble". I mean, the bubbles were pouring out of the things, it was actually funny :lmao:.

Oh, I'd forgotten about that!:rotfl: I've never worn mine at WDW, only shopping around here, but it was raining and on the way to my car I noticed my Sanuks squeaking and bubbling.:rotfl: I just wore mine for a few hours and by the time I got to the car, I thought I was going to die, my arches and left heel hurt so bad with my plantar fasciitis starting to act up.

I have tons of the Sanuk yoga mat flip flops (when i worked at a shoe store, I got a great discount, lol!!) and loved them... Except for, like others have said... When it rains!! They are a mess then, lol. Now that I have problems (insert sad face here, haha) I can't wear them... Soon again, though I hope!!

I have one pair of reefs, the ones that are very similar to my teva mush. The ones you linked to aren't the same style as I have but do you find that the bottom gets slippery on these? For some reason my reefs seem to have a stiffer sole and sometimes they get slippery when wet.

When they/I get wet, my feet tend to slide off the flip flops, but the shoes themselves have a decent amount of traction. Thanks to a downpour in Chicago that had me running for a hotel, I kept sliding off my shoes. But those aren't typical conditions, and otherwise, I don't have any problem with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter