San Francisco port requiring booster shot

Not sure that is a big deal. But that is because most folks who are cruising and vaccinated got their booster shot last year when they became available..

Not sure that is a big deal. But that is because most folks who are cruising and vaccinated got their booster shot last year when they became available..
Obviously wanting to get it and requiring to have it before disembarking is different. We had a party
of 10 cruise in Oct/Nov and none of us had it.

This same party of 10 plus 4 are cruising in a few months . Myself and husband and 1 more are
the only ones planning on getting boosters. Everyone else told me they will stay on the boat this port.

Last edited:
Wait a second....are you saying that, if you want to get off of the ship, you're required to get a booster shot?

What about those who are already fully vaccinated with all of the booster shots? Also, doesn't it take a while for any booster shot to take effect? If so, then the booster shot will have no effect for the short while you're off the ship.

Obviously wanting to get it and requiring to have it before disembarking is different. We had a party
of 10 cruise in Oct/Nov and none of us had it.

This same party of 10 plus 4 are cruising in a few months . Myself and husband and 1 more are
the only ones planning on getting boosters. Everyone else told me they will stay on the boat this port.
I can see not having it in October as that was still early in it being available. But at least here by November everyone was eligible and there were not longer waits to get a booster. I would just expect folks with a cruise booked to be among those wanting to get the booster when it was first available.
I live 90 miles from San Francisco, but we did a Celebrity cruise that overnighted in San Francisco in October 2019 and I have to say, after 60 years of driving to and in San Francisco, cruising there was the best way to see the sights. The ship docks right at Fisherman's Wharf and everything we wanted to do for the two days was within walking distance. I can't imagine staying on the ship.

Wait a second....are you saying that, if you want to get off of the ship, you're required to get a booster shot?

What about those who are already fully vaccinated with all of the booster shots? Also, doesn't it take a while for any booster shot to take effect? If so, then the booster shot will have no effect for the short while you're off the ship.

You don't have to get a new booster in San Francisco. You just have to already have gotten a booster.

Not us. No interest in a booster shot and we have already sailed multiple times. Was supposed to board the dream on Friday, but had to cancel because our son caught covid. We would cancel a cruise before we would get a booster.

Not us. No interest in a booster shot and we have already sailed multiple times. Was supposed to board the dream on Friday, but had to cancel because our son caught covid. We would cancel a cruise before we would get a booster.
Yes, we still have choices. Although I was surprised last month when I was in Los Angeles County visiting my son that you had to show proof of vaccination and booster to eat in restaurants. That's just Los Angeles County, not Orange County where Disneyland is.

Yes
Which means, if you don't have a booster shot, you won't be getting on the ship.
Yes this is interesting as I called and CM said right now they are not requiring boosters for
that cruise. I said if you change it to a requirement will money be refunded and she said yes.
I know they will cancel and want their money back and catch a flight to Vancouver instead for
the Alaska cruise. I'm still boarding the ship and can't wait!!

It will be interesting to see if Vancover requires it in the future.

Yes this is interesting as I called and CM said right now they are not requiring boosters for
that cruise. I said if you change it to a requirement will money be refunded and she said yes.
I know they will cancel and want their money back and catch a flight to Vancouver instead for

Of course, DCL could just eliminate SF as a stop.

I can see not having it in October as that was still early in it being available. But at least here by November everyone was eligible and there were not longer waits to get a booster. I would just expect folks with a cruise booked to be among those wanting to get the booster when it was first available.
I live 90 miles from San Francisco, but we did a Celebrity cruise that overnighted in San Francisco in October 2019 and I have to say, after 60 years of driving to and in San Francisco, cruising there was the best way to see the sights. The ship docks right at Fisherman's Wharf and everything we wanted to do for the two days was within walking distance. I can't imagine staying on the ship.
I have does this cruise before and loved it. Especially overnight. I also thought it was the best way
to see San Fran. It was chilly but we still loved it. Since this is a precruise on the way to Alaska the
rest of non boosted relatives will just fly to Vancouver to catch the cruise. I have read a lot of of
negative remarks online about San Francisco but I still founds parts lovely!

Yep sounds like a lot like some friend's and relatives. My inlaws have been on 4 cruises since Nov.
Last one ending first week in January and they will not get a booster. I'm more curious if any
other ports may start this.

*Glad to see this wasn't locked as it pertains to travel.

Highly unlikely for Vancouver to require it IMO. While other parts of Canada are getting booster shots handed out like candy, the rollout for boosters here in BC is atrocious. My husband and I (mid 40's) JUST qualified for our booster shots about a week ago and we can't even get appts until Jan 22 and 23. They don't anticipate the booster program to be wrapped up for 18+ until sometime in April here in BC. And boosters are not approved for the 12-17 set in Canada yet.

Which means, if you don't have a booster shot, you won't be getting on the ship.
I wondered about that happening. Not sure a cruise line is going to want to sort through the status of everyone in a port, or just do it before you depart. If you don't meet all the criteria for all the ports, you can't get on the ship.

We're sailing on this cruise as well. I'm still curious about testing requirements when we arrive in Canada. Will they require everyone to have a PCR test before or on arrival?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter