San Diego Motel/info help needed

bunny213

DIS Veteran
Trying to help my daughter plan her trip. Some background..Military Family from Vandenberg AFB, 6 children (all under 11), DH leaves for Iraq in May, money is tight. They want to take a short trip to San Diego for a few days. Maybe see the zoo and Legoland. They can get a discount at La Quinta, Days Inn or Comfort Inn....does anyone know which one would be best for them, or know anything about them. How about reasonable places to eat? Do you have any ideas for them that will make their trip inexpensive and fun? They've never been to San Diego before and will drive down. Thank you all for whatever information you can help us with....Would it be worth our while to purchase an Entertainment Book? Thank you sooooo much! :flower3:
Regards from Texas...Barb

I would look at the San Diego website, something like sandiego.org. You will find discounts, ideas etc.

We loved the Maritime Museum, Mission Beach, Sea World and Legoland. Also fun was just watching the ships go by.

There is a Comfort Inn on Hotel Circle that may be a good place to look into, just google it.

Sorry I can't be more help. Hope they have fun.

The comfort inn is great. If you like Italian there is a great little place very close to there called A taste of Italy and they have a great family dinner meal, it is a large pizza, salad, lasagna, and spagetti. And best of all they deliver and the whole thing is only about $22. Also the museums in Balboa park have free tuesdays, every tuesday there is a different museum that you go to for free. Check out there web site to find what ones are free for the time you will be there. Since I can't post links yet here isn't the link: balboapark.com/calendar/detail.php?EventID=370
Also, for the Zoo, active duty military gets general admission free for themselfs. All dependants, retired, and reserve millitary get 10% off the best value ticket. Make sure to bring ID. For the rest of the group AAA gets 10% off the best value tickets. At sea world military also gets in for free and I have heard that they get other guests in for free as well. Hope this helps.

We are military and are going to san diego in july. I have booked the Days inn seaworld/airport hotel on rosecrans st. ( never been) I got the 2 db suite includes hot breakfast ( eggs, pancakes and the usual cereal, dohnuts, pasteries, etc.) for $58.56 with tax a night on the militay discount. You have the call the main number on the days inn website not the hotel website to get the discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter