San Angel Inn Review....Thumbs UP!!!!

We enjoyed this restaurant so much last year that we'll be going back this year. The setting cannot be beat. My food (vegetarian plate) was tasty, if fairly standard tex-mex food. My husband's dish (can't remember what it was, but it's in one of the cookbooks I bought), was exceptional. And what's not to like about margaritas? Thumbs up for me as well.

You don't know how glad I am to hear that you can order just chicken enchiladas - that is always what my DS gets. He will be soooo happy, I was so worried he wouldn't want anything on the menu.

Was just about to do a search for a review on this place:) I booked an ADR last night for Sept 28th as it was all i could get at EPCOT and wasn't sure I'd done the right thing.Glad you enjoyed it.:goodvibes

Ok - I looked it up. This is what my husband ordered:

Pollo a las Rajas - Grilled chicken breast served over red peppers, onions, chile poblano, chorizo and melted cheese $19.50

It was actually in a yummy sour cream type sauce. Very different - and we both thought it was delicious.

You can access the whole menu here:

http://allears.net/menu/menu_mex.htm

Now, when does that tequila bar open?

Thanks for posting. Me and 15 of my family/friends will be eating there on December 30th so its great to hear positive feedback.

I am happy to see the good reviews. My DW and I are going to SAI for the first time in December for dinner. We almost went there in 1989 with our little ones, but changed our mind when we saw they did not have tacos on the kids menu. ;)

We just ate here last week. We actually gave up our Concourse Steakhouse for San Angel. (DH doesnt like Concourse and he wanted Mexican food)

My meal--Appetizer--tortilla soup. Wonderful and very fresh tasting
Entree---Tacos Al Pastor--the best meal of my trip. I love Tacos al Pastor. These were excellent.
Dessert---bread pudding. Hard as a brick. Seriously--my fork couldnt even penetrate it.:mad:

DH meal--Appetizer--Sopa Tradicional--very good
Entree--Carne Asada--very boring. No flavor, meat was charred. No suace over the enchilada.
Dessert--Rice Pudding--very creamy and tasty

BTW we had lunch menu.

We enjoyed it too. We were seated immediately and the waiter was very nice.

I also didn't feel that the tables were really that close together. I felt that they way they had them arranged gives you enough room around you without feeling that the people at the next table are sitting with you. I'm from NY too so maybe that's why it seemed roomy.:lmao:

We had the combination plate and I thought it was very good, except that I didn't like some seasoning that was on the steak. Not sure what it was, but I ate it anyway, so it wasn't that bad :rotfl:

Ok - I looked it up. This is what my husband ordered:

Pollo a las Rajas - Grilled chicken breast served over red peppers, onions, chile poblano, chorizo and melted cheese $19.50

It was actually in a yummy sour cream type sauce. Very different - and we both thought it was delicious.

Pollo a las Rajas is my favorite. :thumbsup2 It is just about my favorite dish on property. I always have that when I go to the San Angel Inn. Makes me want to change my ADR for January, but my girls want to do the Princess dinner at Norway. And since it is my twins birthday.... they win!

It is good news to hear/read that several posters have been Really enjoying San Angel Inn lately.. I was getting really nervous about all the bad reports I have been reading on the DIS. I do realize people have different expectations when it comes to WDW dining.

We love this place and always get at least one ADR per visit..... :thumbsup2

We saw this restaurant for the 1st time in August but couldn't get in

Glad you enjoyed your meal

We ate there this past Monday night (candlelight processional dinner) unfortunatley it was not great at all. The appetizers were very good but the entrees were blah. I had the sope traditional app. corn tortillas with chicken its was yummy. My dh had the tortilla soup great as well. My entree was ok it was mahi mahi in a spanish sauce , My dh ordered the plato combination dinner.There was what was suppose to be a steak on the plate it was like leather, Our only guess was that it had been sitting on the grill way too long. Dessert dh had the flan and enjoyed it. I ordered the bread pudding ummm.... dry and yucky is the only way to describe it. I like to try different restaurants in EPCOT but don't think we will go back here again.

Well, I guess I have to chime in here to tell of a horrible experience here at San Angel Inn. Lets talk food first, then service. The food that I got was AWFUL. I was glad that I was on the dining plan, because if I had to pay right then and there, I would have refused. I am not sure of the dish that I got but it had grilled chicken over a white sauce with peppers, etc in it. Sounded from the menu to be real good. Well, the chicken was hard as a rock. Like it was cooked yesterday. The sauce was real plain and I'm still not sure what was down in it other than the peppers which were ok. My DD got the chicken fingers. Well, make that chicken finger. One. Not 2 or 3. One. Huh? Who serves ONE chicken finger? DW got something, took one bite and decided to use our snack credit later on as her dinner. It was terrible. Just terrible.

As for the service. Now here is where I have a HUGE problem. The waiter had NO IDEA what he was doing. Taking orders, he looked lost. Delivering the food, he dropped 2 dishes on the floor which we had to wait to be cooked again. He had absolutely no idea why he kept walking over to the table as he would walk over, look at us and leave. He wouldn't say a word. Unfortunately for him, there were 6 of us on the dining plan and 6 of us who were not. How will he handle that, I wondered? Well, he eventually got a manager to do it. I saw him go get someone to do it for him.

Ok, here is the real kicker. After we all ordered drinks, he came back with them and put a margarita in front of my 8 yr old nephew! :scared1: Holy Cow! Enough said there.

Well, I don't think that it needs to be said that I will NEVER even think the name San Angel Inn again, never mind go there.

I hope that those of you with ADR's have a much better experience then we did. I have heard good things about it, that is why I wanted to give it a try. It must have good nights and bad nights, but I am not willing to give it a try again.

Well, I don't think that it needs to be said that I will NEVER even think the name San Angel Inn again, never mind go there.

I hope that those of you with ADR's have a much better experience then we did. I have heard good things about it, that is why I wanted to give it a try. It must have good nights and bad nights, but I am not willing to give it a try again.

Glad to know we weren't the only ones to have a horrible meal & horrible service there. So much so that we won't go back again. We'll eat at the Cantina outside before eating inside again. The atmosphere, food and margaritas are much, much better in the cantina & you can actually walk between tables out there too!! :goodvibes

Two thumbs down on this one - if I had more thumbs they would be down too. It has been years since we were there and decided to give it a try again. The service and atmosphere were great but the food was awful. The steak and beef flauta were just okay and the unrecognizable chicken enchilada was awful. My friend had the pollo las rajas and the chicken was dry over a bed of slop. Will cross this one off the list forever unless I see a complete redo of the menu. When it frist opened the enchiladas, tacos and chile rellenos were great.

I really enjoyed my meal there, but the rest of my family simply thought it was so-so but the atmosphere made up for it. I'd highly recommend the Tacos Al Pastor to anyone as it has probably been the best dish I've had on property.

Thanks for the Review, Glad you had a nice time and meal.

We will be Eating here on our next trip no matter What the Reviews.
I've learned from past experiances that you have to try restaurants
for yourself and then make up your own mind whether it's good or not.
We almost got scared into canceling our ADRs on a Restaurant where
we had our Best meal on our whole trip.
The Restaurants that everyone loved we thought that they were awful!
So you never Know!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter