?s on Eastern Excursions

jfeasel

Mouseketeer
Traveling on the Magic Eastern June 14-21 with 10 people ages 6-60.

Should we make our excursion reservations prior to departing? If so, is it 60 days or 120 days prior that you can start booking?

Does one island have better shopping than the others?

Which island has the best beaches that are kid-friendly?

Any excursions you'd recommend for kids ages 6-12 boys and girls?

You can book excursions sixty days out.
The shopping ( I am referring to jewelry here) is the best on the Dutch side of St. Maarten. St. Thomas would be second and the french side-although lovely pieces would be my third choice as it is the most expensive. Great deals on the Dutch side.

St. John snorkling is an excellent "beach" experience for kids and adults alike. It is breathtakingly beautiful there! (and everyone is clothed :) )

Ann
How long does it take to get to the Dutch side of St. Martin. We will be on a morning excursion and I'm wondering if we could still get there and back. We never made it there last time, are the jewelry prices that different? Are there more than jewelery stores for the guys:D
Kim

The magic docks on the dutch side. You can walk to the shops ( I think it took about 15 mins or so) or take a water taxi. We plan on going to Anguilla in the morning but shopping later in the day. The price difference is very material. Last time we were in St. Maarten I bought a sapphire/diamond bracelett. On the dutch side it cost us around $1,000.00 the best deal I could get for a simialiar caret weight bracelett on the french side was around $1300.00 and about $1200.00 in St. Thomas. It appraised back home in the states for well over $2,000.00. The are very willing to negotiate on the dutch side-word to the wise though know your stones. The stores we looked in had both women's and mens jewelry. DH is not much of a jewelry guy, has a few gold bracelets and nice watches but we really shop for me.

Thanks Ann
I had my sides of the island confused I was thinking we docked on the French side:o
Kim

on the 3-8-03 eastern, I think we have decided to take our own trip to St. John Trunk Bay for snorkeling.

Is all the equipment rented there? any one know prices? Good for kids (DS10 and DD 8)? What else is at Trunk Bay or on St. John? Stay all day? do something else?

Perhaps the dumbest question: What currency is in use (I assume US $$ since it is the USVI)?:

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl::earsboy:

We will be on the same cruise! I did order a passporter and even though this is our second disney cruise I loved it! I love to scrapbook and it is perfect to hold all the things I gather each day for my scrapbook. So, when everyone is filing their taxes on April 15th, we'll be getting ready to make our excursion reservations. I've heard making the Palo reservations are the most hectic when you get onboard. We did not do that last time and hope to this cruise. There will be 7 in our party including teenagers 18, 16 and 15. I hope there will be more around their ages. I've also read that taking the tram at St. Thomas is something that should not be missed. Hopefully, we'll speak again before we leave! See you on June 14th!! We will be in room 7574!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter