Running at Disney being a single parent

v3rs3

Mouseketeer
I'm a single full time dad to my little guy who is currently 8. I've been running the past 2 months with my end goal to run a Disney event. I haven't defined whether it's a full or half at this point in my goal planning, but I've been doing pretty good lately. I'm shooting for a 2017 event.

My question to other single parents is what did you do with your child during the race? I can't imagine going to Disney without my son, at least not until he tells me he doesn't want to go.

I have a large family (a lot of help from siblings, nieces/nephews, and dad), but don't think anyone would go with us unless I can convince my brother or niece to come. Normally our trips are just him and I for a week or longer. Are there any other options?

Kid's night out is the one that typically has special allowances for the early early mornings required for most rundisney events.

I'm a single dad, too. For some races, my parents came along. For other races, I hired an in-room sitter. All but one time, my son was still sleeping when I got back to the room. He started running 5Ks with me when he was 5. It's something we do together. He likes Disney races because of all the on-course entertainment and the CMs cheering him on. He does not like the early morning, though. :sad2:

I'm a single dad, too. For some races, my parents came along. For other races, I hired an in-room sitter. All but one time, my son was still sleeping when I got back to the room. He started running 5Ks with me when he was 5. It's something we do together. He likes Disney races because of all the on-course entertainment and the CMs cheering him on. He does not like the early morning, though. :sad2:

Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to make sure it was doable. I'm going to try to convince my brother to come with us when I sign up, but it's good to know there are in-room sitters available for events like this. I'm sure my son would probably still be asleep by the time I get back too. ha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter