runDisney Virtual Shorts - An *Incredible* Year 3

That depends on what you want. If you want all 3 virtual medals and the special 4th medal for running all 3 and whatever random things they thrown in there, then you need to register for the entire series all at once.

If you're fine with not getting the 4th medal for running the series, then you could register for all 3 virtual runs separately.

This same principle applies to the runDisney race weekends. If you want the challenge medal and shirt, then you must register for and complete all the challenge races according to the rules set forth in order to receive the challenge medal.

Thanks. I’ve registered for the series!

Thanks. I’ve registered for the series!
Awesome. Have fun. I know some people like to recreate the Disney experience and dress up in costume for their virtual race or something like that.

I ran my first virtual half this year for Star Wars so I could earn another Kessel Run medal at Dark Side. While I'm not a huge fan of virtual half marathons because of the distance, I think a 5K is much more manageable.

Someone on facebook reported with photo getting their series medals yesterday via Fed-Ex so hopefully we'll all be getting them soon.

Does wearing race medals in the theater themed to the movie you're about to watch make you look super nerdy? Asking for a friend. A friend who wore Star Wars race medals to Rogue One and Solo.

Does wearing race medals in the theater themed to the movie you're about to watch make you look super nerdy? Asking for a friend. A friend who wore Star Wars race medals to Rogue One and Solo.
This hypothetical possible scenario can now be a reality. My medals arrived today.

Spoiler tagged below in case people want to be surprised about the contents of the box.

I received all 4 medals separately wrapped in the box along with an I did it magnet, a hot or cold compress, and a yellow resistance band with Elastigirl on it that said Summer Shorts running series celebrating Pixar or something to that effect.

Honestly, I signed up for this series because I love The Incredibles. I loved seeing these medals in person at the Dark Side expo. Having them in hand now and I love them even more. Attempting to make myself unveil each medal only after actually completing a virtual 5K each month. But since I've already done 4 training runs this month longer than a 5K, I might be willing to allow myself to formally open them all now.

Last edited:

This hypothetical possible scenario can now be a reality. My medals arrived today.

Spoiler tagged below in case people want to be surprised about the contents of the box.

I received all 4 medals separately wrapped in the box along with an I did it magnet, a hot or cold compress, and a yellow resistance band with Elastigirl on it that said Summer Shorts running series celebrating Pixar or something to that effect.

Honestly, I signed up for this series because I love The Incredibles. I loved seeing these medals in person at the Dark Side expo. Having them in hand now and I love them even more. Attempting to make myself unveil each medal only after actually completing a virtual 5K each month. But since I've already done 4 training runs this month longer than a 5K, I might be willing to allow myself to formally open them all now.

Do you get all of the medals at once? Not that it matters a lot, but I would hope I have to post a July time before getting the July medal etc.

Do you get all of the medals at once? Not that it matters a lot, but I would hope I have to post a July time before getting the July medal etc.
Yes, I received all 4 medals. It makes more sense to send all 4 medals at once and costs them less money.

I agree with runDisney's decision to base this on the honor system. I finished the 2018 Star Wars The Dark Side Half Marathon. And my FitBit shows that I ran 12.89 miles that day. So a fitness tracker did not accurately capture my miles that day, but I clearly did.

I believe that if a person "bought" the medals and did not actually earn them according to the rules set forth by runDisney, then they only cheated themselves. They have not diminished the accomplishment of those who earned them according to the rules. And they have cheated themselves of both the physical and emotional benefits that come only from persevering through a difficult task.

I put all the medals on my desk at work yesterday in anticipation of the double feature I attended last night. During Incredibles 2, I wore the Jack-Jack and Dash medal. Today all the medals except one are going back into the box where they will remain until I have formally completed 3.1 miles in July and August.

I like almost all superhero movies. Even the ones that some other people tend to hate. That said, The Incredibles 2 is easily the best superhero movie I've seen in years.

I would describe the original as a story about a father having a midlife crisis and discovers that his family is the thing he values most in his life. The fun comes because that father is a superhero. So as to be very spoiler free, I will only say that the sequel once again delivers a real, human story exploring how the characters deal with challenges in life. Once again, the fun comes because they are superheroes.

In many ways, both movies are almost serious family dramas that sometimes win Oscars because of how they explore challenges in life. But we lose sight of that because of the superhero wrapping. But that's what makes them so much fun to revisit.

Just got my box of series medals & extra goodies in the mail! Hid the medals away till we run them.

Just don't forget where you put them!

...because I have never, ever done anything remotely close to that. :rolleyes1

Just don't forget where you put them!

...because I have never, ever done anything remotely close to that. :rolleyes1
The box is actually in pretty plain site cause yes I would so forget, I seriously just found a pair of sunglasses from over a year ago. We plan to do June on Monday, so at least we can get that one out soon cause they look so cool.

BTW, ours arrived yesterday! (The full series)

What's with those red candies?!?! They look delicious but they taste horrible!!! ;)
Oh my gosh hilarious, I hope no one lets their kid get it and gnaw on it cause that would be not good! I though they looked like fish eggs!

Ran June Elastigirl today! It was hot & humid & gross, but some wind. I picked the same route (hilly, why pick it, cause it's a loop) as last year and was faster, so that's progress. I did it at the beginning of my tempo run so after it I was pretty beat but needed to finish with 9 miles, so I felt like I started as Elastigirl but turned into Meltigirl at the end, ha!

Hope everyone else is getting their June in! The medals I think are fantastic this year!

Last edited:
Ran June Elastigirl today! It was hot & humid & gross, but some wind. I picked the same route (hilly, why pick it, cause it's a loop) as last year and was faster, so that's progress. I did it at the beginning of my tempo run so after it I was pretty beat but needed to finish with 9 miles, so I felt like I started as Elastigirl but turned into Meltigirl at the end, ha!

Hope everyone else is getting their June in! The medals I think are fantastic this year!
One thing that I didn't like about the previous virtual shorts medals is that they were character components. So while I really liked the completer medal for running all 3 virtual shorts, I did not like the build up to them. This year, I like the individual shorts medals better than the completer medal, but the completer medal is still very well done. And for what it's worth, from a run for the medal point of view, I like the virtual shorts medals this year better than last year's Disneyland 5K which was also themed to The Incredibles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!