runDisney Virtual Shorts - An *Incredible* Year 3

I had planned to sign up after Dark Side, but when runDisney offered the free backpack for registration at the Expo, I registered at the Expo. Now since I'm leaning strongly towards marathon weekend and Goofy or Dopey, this will be a fun way to spice up all that training.

Just registered for the series. I've been out of running for over 3 years. Nothing like some shiny Disney medals without the travel cost to get me over the hurdle of starting again!

Our shirts came in today. They sent us the wrong sizes. When my wife called to exchange them they told us that they sent the wrong sizes by accident. However, the sizes we wanted were sold out even though they are available on the Disney app. The agent told us that they only have S, M and a few large left. They did let us keep the shirts and refunded us the money.

well, I caved and registered for the series.
I'm having my 5 yr old run/walk with me now as he's learned that he likes to run on the track at school (he was in a PPCD class this past year before he starts kindergarten this year, he's high functioning autistic) so I will most likely give him the medals so he has a reward to focus his high energy on

well, I caved and registered for the series.
I'm having my 5 yr old run/walk with me now as he's learned that he likes to run on the track at school (he was in a PPCD class this past year before he starts kindergarten this year, he's high functioning autistic) so I will most likely give him the medals so he has a reward to focus his high energy on
What a good idea. My son is also on the spectrum. He is a runner and very fast but also loses focus quite easy. I might try to get him engaged.

2.6km down, 2.4km to go. I was thinking of skipping tomorrow (to finish on Friday) but nope, gonna do it tomorrow so I can finish Thursday and then buy myself some new runners (my old ones are giving me shin splints and making my left heel bleed) so that I can continue these walks after my 5km is complete. 2 minutes slower today, mostly due to the fact that I bailed on some uneven pavement a block from the end, skinning my need and giving myself road rash on my arm and hand. :sad2: No pain no gain :headache:

For those that have completed the 3-race Summer Series before, did runDisney send the medals (and the extra goodies) all at the end or did they send the first two medals monthly with the Series goodies after the 3-race completeion with the 3rd race medal?

How did that work?

Thanks!

I think they send the series medals at the end after all 3 races should have been completed.

For those that have completed the 3-race Summer Series before, did runDisney send the medals (and the extra goodies) all at the end or did they send the first two medals monthly with the Series goodies after the 3-race completeion with the 3rd race medal?

How did that work?

Thanks!
First year the series was all sent a the end, like a month after. Last year we got them before, it was late may or early June, but I had them all before I ran my first on on like June18. Someone in a facebook group said they got them Saturday, but I haven't seen anyone else say that. Either way you get them and the extra goodies all in one box.

NM - talked to DH and he was all for it :love2: ! Now to register for the series!

I want to and need to get back into walking/running and am looking at this as a way to get my motivation back - haven't done even so much as a walk since February! For budget purposes (before I go let DH know I'm doing this) - do I have to register for the series to start with, or can I register for June now, then later for July, and finally later for the series when I'm sure I'll do all three months? $40 + $40 + $62 is more appealing than $142....

TIA!

Last edited:
NM - talked to DH and he was all for it :love2: ! Now to register for the series!

I want to and need to get back into walking/running and am looking at this as a way to get my motivation back - haven't done even so much as a walk since February! For budget purposes (before I go let DH know I'm doing this) - do I have to register for the series to start with, or can I register for June now, then later for July, and finally later for the series when I'm sure I'll do all three months? $40 + $40 + $62 is more appealing than $142....

TIA!
That depends on what you want. If you want all 3 virtual medals and the special 4th medal for running all 3 and whatever random things they thrown in there, then you need to register for the entire series all at once.

If you're fine with not getting the 4th medal for running the series, then you could register for all 3 virtual runs separately.

This same principle applies to the runDisney race weekends. If you want the challenge medal and shirt, then you must register for and complete all the challenge races according to the rules set forth in order to receive the challenge medal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter