runDisney Virtual Shorts - An *Incredible* Year 3

Was there ever any conclusion on what Disney was actually contributing to the charity? I see that the charity this year benefits animals and that might get me interested in doing the series. I mean I guess I could just make a donation on my own but combining it with Disney would be fun.
The only thing I ever read/saw was that they were giving a gift to the charity, what it was, I don't know. The charity part is nice but not make or break for us as they were fun & they are nice collectables we think. We don't do other virtual races, but it's Disney, so yeah we are suckers!

So what are we thinking the medals will be? 4 different dogs/pets? Or different Pluto body parts (collar, ears, a bone?), or a doghouse?
Think there will be a different fab five character each year?

Anyone want to make any guesses?
We were discussing this yesterday too and figure maybe Pluto's collar, bone, & dog house since it was Mickey's clothes for his last year. With Pluto's body parts, a just 'tail' or 'ear' medal seems strange. Yeah, probably a different fab 5 character each year, so maybe like Donald next year.

I'm curious about what you get out of this. Do most of you just do this for the medals? Is there anything else you get for doing this? I enjoyed walking the Castaway Cay 5K last summer, and I walk pretty regularly, so walking a few 5K's at home wouldn't be too difficult. Just wondering if it's worth the cost.

Thanks!

I'm curious about what you get out of this. Do most of you just do this for the medals? Is there anything else you get for doing this? I enjoyed walking the Castaway Cay 5K last summer, and I walk pretty regularly, so walking a few 5K's at home wouldn't be too difficult. Just wondering if it's worth the cost.

Thanks!
Medals and a printable race bib.

Thanks!
Yep, just the medals & if you do the series (all 3) you get a bonus medal & we got a cup last year. The Printable bibs anyone can print, not just those that pay, but they were cute! A lot of people on facebook & even here posted their 5k run(s) for some accountability, but we didn't have to actually submit anything to RunDisney. So, yeah basically it's buying medals, but they are really nice. Is it worth the cost? Just depends on what you personally would pay for a collectable item & find worthy I suppose.

I will be signing up for these, my first RunDisney event. :) I read that for the real marathons you need to have an account with Active.com before registering. Is that the case for the Virtual races as well? Thanks in advance!!

I will be signing up for these, my first RunDisney event. :) I read that for the real marathons you need to have an account with Active.com before registering. Is that the case for the Virtual races as well? Thanks in advance!!
Yes I ran the virtual races last year and signed up through my Active account.

I'm looking forward to doing these to keep me motivated since I'm a new runner. Can't wait to get started!
It was so much fun last summer and the medals are really nice! It will be great motivation to get you going I'm sure!

I'm going to do these this year for sure. I regretted not doing the Mickey Shorts series. I love virtual races. I'm not big on crowds, I can do a few races here and there, but I love the freedom of doing the virtuals on my time and at my desired pace. The medals are a fantastic collectible for me personally!

I don't suppose anyone can remember from last year whether this was open to runners from outwith the US ie will they send medals to runners who live abroad?

Despite my username, I am now based in Australia so getting over to WDW regularly for races isn't really an option. Although I am targeting the WDW half in 2018.

Hi @disneyscotland,

Another Aussie here who plans to do the WDW Half in 2018.

Thought I would say high....

Cheers,

Henry.-

I ran many 5k last year but was unaware of the runDisney Virtual Shorts. Is there anyway to go back in time and apply for a 2016 medal? I am much more of a Mickey Mouse fan than a Pluto fan...

I ran many 5k last year but was unaware of the runDisney Virtual Shorts. Is there anyway to go back in time and apply for a 2016 medal? I am much more of a Mickey Mouse fan than a Pluto fan...
Not that I've seen however I have seen people selling them on the RunDisneyRun Marketplace facebook group and I'm sure they show up on ebay sometimes.

Im Super excited for this virtual series. I did it last year and now I am having my mom do it in preperation for her first 5k at Disneyland this September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter