runDisney Virtual Shorts - An *Incredible* Year 3

Thanks - this makes me feel a lot better. I really want to stay with my group through the 5k & 10k for the pictures and because they are a lot of fun.
I think you'll be good as long as 1.) they don't change the way they've been doing it, and 2.) you start in an early-ish corral. :)

I definitely understand the concern. The picture lines can get pretty long, ESPECIALLY at the 5K.

Agreed. The slowest official Dopey participant in 2016 finished in 15:49:19 or an overall average pace of 18:32 min/mile for all 4 events combined.

This person's stats were:
5K - 26:07 min/mile (1:21:02)
10K - 22:44 min/mile (2:20:49)
HM - 18:51 min/mile (4:07:19)
M - 18:20 min/mile (8:00:09)

Dang. Puts a lot in perspective for me ... started one corral ahead of me and took 40-65 minutes longer than me in every race. And here I was freaking out about getting swept.

#DumbKeels

EDIT: Nevermind. Corral Jumpers are my least-favorite people on the planet. I don't feel so dumb now.

Last edited:
Dang. Puts a lot in perspective for me ... started one corral ahead of me and took 40-65 minutes longer than me in every race. And here I was freaking out about getting swept.

#DumbKeels

EDIT: Nevermind. Corral Jumpers are my least-favorite people on the planet. I don't feel so dumb now.

Yep, Bib assignment =X Difference between Net Time and Clock Time for a person normally in their corral. Only possible legit solution was a corral re-assignment at the expo based on new POT that moved this person up significantly, but the internet says this is doubtful. Oh well.

Yep, Bib assignment =X Difference between Net Time and Clock Time for a person normally in their corral. Only possible legit solution was a corral re-assignment at the expo based on new POT that moved this person up significantly, but the internet says this is doubtful. Oh well.

Yup. A quick perusal of pictures shows this runner's corral letter conveniently obscured by running attire in every race. Lucky them ...

AND #NOMATH!!!!!!

So when do they expect to open up registration for the virtual series. I don't want to miss it this time so a little reminder in my calendar would be helpful.

It seems like this would be a great way to get the whole family involved - I might have to hold the medals hostage until they all complete it -- motivation!!

I plan on giving this a go when it opens up. I don't remember seeing anything on their site earlier this year about virtual races when I was looking at events.

I haven't run in earnest since I was in the military, and I would like to see what I'm capable of after 15 years.

No updates yet...here's their FAQ section. Keep in mind that Active.com processing fees will be added to the prices listed below (an additional 6.5-7%).

Virtual Running Shorts Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I sign up?
A: Online registration will be available starting Spring 2017.

Q: How much does it cost?
A: Each virtual race costs $39 to enter. Cost for the entire series is $142.

When will I receive my prize(s)?
A: Runners will receive a Disney-themed Finisher's Medal for each race completed within 30 days of their final race.

I don't suppose anyone can remember from last year whether this was open to runners from outwith the US ie will they send medals to runners who live abroad?

Despite my username, I am now based in Australia so getting over to WDW regularly for races isn't really an option. Although I am targeting the WDW half in 2018.

Last edited:
So going to participate this coming year. Found out about this far too late this current year.

I just recently moved and unfortunatley my race bibs that i printed from this virtual race last year got ruined....is there any link for them still out there? I would really like to reprint them

I was vaguely aware of this last year. Definitely thinking about signing up this year. I've done two rD half marathons and am signed up for two more (2017 Tink and Disneyland) plus the Rebel Challenge for the 2018 SWLS. My family is signed up for the 10k at SWLS. I'm thinking of signing us all up for the virtual running series so they can get some training in.

Excited for Pluto! I wonder if the entire series will include the cup again or something else? We display our Mickey cup from last year.

I just recently moved and unfortunatley my race bibs that i printed from this virtual race last year got ruined....is there any link for them still out there? I would really like to reprint them
I googled and fount them, scroll down on this blog and she has them all posted http://post50rx.com/2016/05/on-with-show-rundisney-virtual-running.html

Was there ever any conclusion on what Disney was actually contributing to the charity? I see that the charity this year benefits animals and that might get me interested in doing the series. I mean I guess I could just make a donation on my own but combining it with Disney would be fun.

So what are we thinking the medals will be? 4 different dogs/pets? Or different Pluto body parts (collar, ears, a bone?), or a doghouse?
Think there will be a different fab five character each year?

Anyone want to make any guesses?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter