RunDisney Swag Perks

Just completed the Nike DC this past Sunday. The swag bag/gear bag had a mini Luna bar, a small bottle of shampoo, a small bag of mixed nuts/dried fruit and coupons. They gave a "participant" shirt pre-race this year at the expo instead of a "finisher's" shirt. If you wanted a "finisher's" shirt, you had to buy it post race. The post race food was chocolate milk, water in a NWM water bottle, and a few small snacks. If they had bananas or bagels, I missed them.

Of course, the course was awesome and the medal was Tiffany:cheer2:

Gotta keep it current. I just saw that the Mississippi Blues Race was one of the top 10 medals again this year. Right ahead of Disney. I must say, they are pretty nice. I have yet to get one but already signed up for next year. Only bummer, it's the same time as the WDW Marathon.

have always felt that the stuff you get compared to the cost is not that great. Someone mentioned the shirt quality, for the most part it's pretty good, but the Everest shirt I got was not so great with a real huge, what appeared to be iro-on that seemed pretty stiff. The medals are very nice, but Disney sure is making a lot of money off of us. I did the first two W&D's, and the first years party was way too crowded, and then they advertised a beer at the finish of the second, and it was either Bud or Bud Lite, and I passed that up. I do a race called Run to the Brewery, a 10 mileer sponsered by Blue Point, and there is no limit to beer at the end!

have always felt that the stuff you get compared to the cost is not that great. Someone mentioned the shirt quality, for the most part it's pretty good, but the Everest shirt I got was not so great with a real huge, what appeared to be iro-on that seemed pretty stiff. The medals are very nice, but Disney sure is making a lot of money off of us. I did the first two W&D's, and the first years party was way too crowded, and then they advertised a beer at the finish of the second, and it was either Bud or Bud Lite, and I passed that up. I do a race called Run to the Brewery, a 10 mileer sponsered by Blue Point, and there is no limit to beer at the end!

I just did an inaugural race this Spring, and they had 8 different beers on tap, with no limit. And food out the wazoo!

I understand a lot of people will say it's the experience running through the parks, and I agree, 100%. It's just that I would love to get a 'little more' bang for the buck. Pretty much every race will have a nice gear bag. I mean, you run a Disney race, you should have an incredible bag that you can't wait to show off. The shirt should be top -notch and there should be coupons, discounts, maybe headbands, hats, something.

This is not a all for charity race. I don't care who you are or what you think, Disney is making serious BANK on these races, so just give a little back.

But I do love the races.

Does anyone know of the site location if it exist where you can purchase race specific merchandise, dry fit shirts, etc.. I'm running ToT and would like to see and purchase merchandise beforehand.

Thanks.

Does anyone know of the site location if it exist where you can purchase race specific merchandise, dry fit shirts, etc.. I'm running ToT and would like to see and purchase merchandise beforehand. Thanks.
Generally, you can only buy official race gear at the expo and then sometimes at outlet stores after the race if they dump the leftovers there.

Bummer. I thought they had a site to preorder. Oh well. Another blow, Run Disney got back with me concerning the gear bags they had at the Boston Expo. They are promotional items and not available for purchase. I've seen them on EBAY, at very inflated prices. You would think with the huge running community, gear bags would be a purchase item. I mean, just another money maker for them. Who knows.:lmao:

Bummer. I thought they had a site to preorder. Oh well. Another blow, Run Disney got back with me concerning the gear bags they had at the Boston Expo. They are promotional items and not available for purchase. I've seen them on EBAY, at very inflated prices. You would think with the huge running community, gear bags would be a purchase item. I mean, just another money maker for them. Who knows.:lmao:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a store in the new Disney Springs that carries more runDisney merch.

Does anyone know if the Tower of Terror shirts are short or long sleeved? Has any of the recent Disney races been giving better gear bags?

Does anyone know if the Tower of Terror shirts are short or long sleeved? Has any of the recent Disney races been giving better gear bags?

Last year the ones you got with your bib were short sleeved. And sized HUGE. The ones for purchase were long-sleeved and I think were sized similarly.

So it wouldn't hurt to go a size smaller than normal? Don't you indicate which size at registration? If so, can you exchange at Expo?

Cool, thanks.

So it wouldn't hurt to go a size smaller than normal? Don't you indicate which size at registration? If so, can you exchange at Expo?

Cool, thanks.

It wouldn't have hurt to go 2 sizes below. I can't even wear my TOT shirt, it's crazy big and it's a Small (and while I have lost a good amount of weight, I'm not *that* tiny, especially up top). I can't even sleep in it since I don't sleep in drifit fabric.

Yes they have a swap, but of course your wished-for size has to be available for you to get it swapped out. I had a Medium ordered (at the time of ordering I was a large in regular shirts and figured I'd get to a medium by then, mid-weight-loss) and had to wait about an hour until I saw a shirt go in the Small swap bin and ran over to have the volunteers swap it out for me.

Of course...watch them totally change the fit of the shirts. After all, the WDW Marathon weekend shirts were *perfect*.

Also, does anyone know if they have the New Balance special addition shoes at all of the Expos. We each bought a pair in January at the Marathon Expo but would like to buy another pair for the godchild and was just wondering if they have them at other expos. We're running in the Tower of Terror race.

Also, does anyone know if they have the New Balance special addition shoes at all of the Expos. We each bought a pair in January at the Marathon Expo but would like to buy another pair for the godchild and was just wondering if they have them at other expos. We're running in the Tower of Terror race.

Also, is there a shirt exchange for sizes at the expo?

Last year the ones you got with your bib were short sleeved. And sized HUGE. The ones for purchase were long-sleeved and I think were sized similarly.

There were some short-sleeved shirts for sale at TOT last year. they just weren't the "I did it" shirts. They had one "I did it" long-sleeved shirt and one zippered hoodie. i bought the hoodie, which is LOVE and wore all the time through fall/winter/spring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter