Run Disney park tickets questions

jeremy1002

Rope Dropper
Hello,

How much is the typical discount on park tickets through Run Disney, and can they be purchased for family members too that aren't running, or only the runner?

Thanks!!

I am not sure about applying them for non-runners, but from the times we've used them, the discounts have been the best I've come across for Disney tickets. Looking back at EEC in May, we did 2-day single park for $142.71 and 2-day hopper tickets would have been $166.14. If gate/online tickets are still the same today as they were in May, that's between 30-36% off.

Here's what rD is currently offering for tickets at WDW for Wine & Dine Weekend:

2 day: $142.71 ($166.14 Park-Hopper)
3 day: $191.70 ($215.13 Park-Hopper)
4 day: $231.11 ($254.54 Park-Hopper)
5 day: $268.38 ($291.81 Park-Hopper)
6 day: $287.55 ($310.98 Park-Hopper)
7 day: $299.27 ($322.70 Park-Hopper)

When you go to order, you just select number of days, park hopper and then water park & more if you want those options and then just enter the quantity.

In the fine print it says that these tickets are for "These specially priced theme park tickets are solely for individuals who are participating in sporting events at the Walt Disney World® Resort, such as athletes, coaches, event staff and spectators of the event", so I take that to mean that family members spectating but not running are more than welcome to use these tickets.

Do these require a hotel package through Disney? Are they available for marathon weekend and if so when how early can you buy them?

Here's what rD is currently offering for tickets at WDW for Wine & Dine Weekend:

2 day: $142.71 ($166.14 Park-Hopper)
3 day: $191.70 ($215.13 Park-Hopper)
4 day: $231.11 ($254.54 Park-Hopper)
5 day: $268.38 ($291.81 Park-Hopper)
6 day: $287.55 ($310.98 Park-Hopper)
7 day: $299.27 ($322.70 Park-Hopper)

When you go to order, you just select number of days, park hopper and then water park & more if you want those options and then just enter the quantity.

In the fine print it says that these tickets are for "These specially priced theme park tickets are solely for individuals who are participating in sporting events at the Walt Disney World® Resort, such as athletes, coaches, event staff and spectators of the event", so I take that to mean that family members spectating but not running are more than welcome to use these tickets.

Another Q......how long are they valid? Like, can you buy a couple to use sometime down the line?

Discounts aren't available for every race weekend I don't think, but they did not require hotel reservations. Also, they are only valid for about a 10-14 day period around the event weekend. Some events in Disneyland (e.g. Avengers) have discounted tickets through third party providers serving as travel providers (GET Travel) for the event.

In all honestly, if you're staying onsite, you might as well wait for any deals Disney puts out. For instance, we expect them to release their 'Stay, Play, Dine' discount in October for WDW Marathon weekend. Much better deal IMHO

Ughhhh...I feel like an idiot for not asking here first. I bought a 2-day regular pass for $185 on the disney site...sigh live and learn

For the disneyland half in sept.

Well the price given above is for WDW, for the Wine&Dine.

I was just looking at the GET Travel website (where the rundisney Travel/tickets link takes you), and their 2 day tickets are $175. So you didn't miss a huge discount. And they have very specific dates of use. And while WDW sports tickets have changed as far as I know, Disneyland tickets can't be upgraded, so if you fell in love with Disneyland you couldn't turn it into an annual pass or even a longer ticket.

I purchased my WDW tickets through runDisney for the 2012 Wine & Dine 1/2. I was staying onsite, but booked through a travel agent that was not tied to the event itself. My ticket was about $100 cheaper than what Disney offered at the time and had a fuse that expired roughly one week after the event give or take. Runners were able to purchase tickets for non runners.

Does anyone know how far ahead of the race these are usually offered? I'm wondering if they release the tickets in time to use them for booking FP at 60 days.

Got these tickets this time. I booked the whole package through runDisney for Wine and Dine and it has honestly been the best discount to date outside of my old Cast Member discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter