Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading through this thread makes me realize how Epcot is really central to our Disney love (and yes, I should have already figured that out from my name). I'll feel like the luckiest person alive when I next go to Disney, but I don't think I will plan a trip until I know Epcot is open. I know I'm probably in the small minority, and I agree that it makes sense that the entirety of Disney World will not open at once and that Epcot is likely to be the last to open.

Does anyone else think Disney's just gonna say, "Screw it. Once we get clearance we're just gonna open up. No masks, no temp checks, no restrictions. We're losing a gazillion dollars a day, so if you want in, sign this waiver and we'll let you in."
I think no masks and no temp checks for guests is possible. They are impractical to enforce and have minimal benefit, as discussed here and on other threads. I don't think there will be no restrictions, however. I would expect a phased reopening that does not include parades, fireworks, or nighttime shows; fifty percent capacity at sit down restaurants; increased use of virtual queues (they were headed this direction anyway); and no face characters. Preshows that cram a bunch of people into a small room are also likely to be dispensed with, or operate at severely reduced capacity (which would slow down the ride operation significantly). Masks and temp checks for employees is possible. I don't think Disney will just throw caution to the wind.

They can still open Epcot when the time is right with other personnel. I'm more than happy to order beer in Mexico from any DW employee, same with Germany.
And they do actually have some staff who work full time in those pavilions (more management types) from those countries who now reside full time in the US.

While I do believe WDW will have guest's protection in mind when they reopen, they'll be more worried about staffing issues and being able to protect and test the staff. Any CM's that test positive will be out for a while, and there's just not enough trained staff to cover everything. And they really don't want to have reports getting out of any CM's having the virus.

I think no masks and no temp checks for guests is possible. They are impractical to enforce and have minimal benefit, as discussed here and on other threads. I don't think there will be no restrictions, however. I would expect a phased reopening that does not include parades, fireworks, or nighttime shows; fifty percent capacity at sit down restaurants; increased use of virtual queues (they were headed this direction anyway); and no face characters. Preshows that cram a bunch of people into a small room are also likely to be dispensed with, or operate at severely reduced capacity (which would slow down the ride operation significantly). Masks and temp checks for employees is possible. I don't think Disney will just throw caution to the wind.
I agree they will have some safeguards in place, mainly for staff. Even doing temp checks on staff doesn't make much difference, you've likely had it for 5 to 7 days before you have a fever, so people and staff could be exposed for some time without symptoms.

Does anyone else think Disney's just gonna say, "Screw it. Once we get clearance we're just gonna open up. No masks, no temp checks, no restrictions. We're losing a gazillion dollars a day, so if you want in, sign this waiver and we'll let you in."

I agree with that, except for the waiver part. I do think they might just do resort guests for the first couple of weeks, but I don't think they'll do more than that, regardless.

I'm kind of worried that they will have to have to decrease the number of guests to comply with social distancing, but make up for the gazillion dollars being lost by charging those guests a lot more for their (now more competitive due to lower numbers) stay. On the other hand maybe not. I'm guessing they probably have a good idea of the number of guests they would need to make it worth opening everything up (I have no idea of the costs it would take to operate of course).

Reading through this thread makes me realize how Epcot is really central to our Disney love (and yes, I should have already figured that out from my name). I'll feel like the luckiest person alive when I next go to Disney, but I don't think I will plan a trip until I know Epcot is open. I know I'm probably in the small minority, and I agree that it makes sense that the entirety of Disney World will not open at once and that Epcot is likely to be the last to open.

Same ! Our family would live in the WS - booked for mid July , but will cancel if Epcot not open

I took this off another forum but this is what they think what Disney will look like for now.

• Magic Kingdom reopens with limited capacity, no theaters, no parades, no castle shows, no fireworks and sanitized ride vehicles after every guest exit.
  • Magic Kingdom resorts reopen with strict distancing guidelines in place.
  • Monorails would not operate.
  • Ferries and boat transportation would operate with distancing in place.
  • Health checks would be introduced at every security checkpoint. This would include temperature checks and Q&A (including locations you have traveled to in the past 14 days).
  • Guests will have to sign additional legal forms clearing Disney of liability for potential exposure to COVID-19.
  • EPCOT will remain closed if other parks are able to reopen prior to September.
  • Hollywood Studios reopens with limited capacity, no indoor theaters, no parades, no fireworks, and sanitized ride vehicles after every guest exit.
  • Animal Kingdom reopens with limited capacity, no indoor theaters, no parades, no Rivers of Light, and sanitized ride vehicles after every guest exit. Maharajah Jungle Trek would remain closed, and no close encounters with any animals at any place in the park will be permitted. Details about Animal Kingdom are still being developed.
  • Transportation guidelines are still being developed.
  • Dining guidelines are still being developed.
  • No character meet and greets.
  • No character dining.
  • Water parks will not reopen while Secure Circuit is in place.
  • DVC details are still being developed.
  • Sanitation stations will be available throughout the parks, as well as directions on the ground to keep guests moving in proper directions for limited pedestrian crossing.
  • It is likely, though not officially determined, that masks will be a requirement for adults.
  • Magic Bands mandatory for all guests, fingerprints temporarily on hold.
  • Non-MK resorts are unlikely to reopen until Phase 2 begins (Secure Circuit is for Phase 1).
  • Disney is currently evaluating every single ride and queue to determine how and if it can operate with strict distancing guidelines. This includes determining how to move people through the queue in a safe manner even if virtual queue is in place for that particular ride. For example, even just moving through the queue of Pirates exposes guests to whatever guests passed through the queue 20 seconds prior.
  • Chapek ultimately makes the call on when to reopen and how, once DeSantis gives the green light... so while the protocols for Secure Circuit have been developed, there may be changes from the top.
  • What's on and what's off for future construction is now largely on how much and when Disney receives US government money, as well as the realities of the economy on the other side of this situation. Expect Disney to NOT announce cancellations of projects in 2020, but also for some projects to simply sit with no announcement. Disney is likely to be very bearish in 2020 until we get Q4 economic data.

I took this off another forum but this is what they think what Disney will look like for now.

• Magic Kingdom reopens with limited capacity, no theaters, no parades, no castle shows, no fireworks and sanitized ride vehicles after every guest exit.
  • Magic Kingdom resorts reopen with strict distancing guidelines in place.
  • Monorails would not operate.
  • Ferries and boat transportation would operate with distancing in place.
  • Health checks would be introduced at every security checkpoint. This would include temperature checks and Q&A (including locations you have traveled to in the past 14 days).
  • Guests will have to sign additional legal forms clearing Disney of liability for potential exposure to COVID-19.
  • EPCOT will remain closed if other parks are able to reopen prior to September.
  • Hollywood Studios reopens with limited capacity, no indoor theaters, no parades, no fireworks, and sanitized ride vehicles after every guest exit.
  • Animal Kingdom reopens with limited capacity, no indoor theaters, no parades, no Rivers of Light, and sanitized ride vehicles after every guest exit. Maharajah Jungle Trek would remain closed, and no close encounters with any animals at any place in the park will be permitted. Details about Animal Kingdom are still being developed.
  • Transportation guidelines are still being developed.
  • Dining guidelines are still being developed.
  • No character meet and greets.
  • No character dining.
  • Water parks will not reopen while Secure Circuit is in place.
  • DVC details are still being developed.
  • Sanitation stations will be available throughout the parks, as well as directions on the ground to keep guests moving in proper directions for limited pedestrian crossing.
  • It is likely, though not officially determined, that masks will be a requirement for adults.
  • Magic Bands mandatory for all guests, fingerprints temporarily on hold.
  • Non-MK resorts are unlikely to reopen until Phase 2 begins (Secure Circuit is for Phase 1).
  • Disney is currently evaluating every single ride and queue to determine how and if it can operate with strict distancing guidelines. This includes determining how to move people through the queue in a safe manner even if virtual queue is in place for that particular ride. For example, even just moving through the queue of Pirates exposes guests to whatever guests passed through the queue 20 seconds prior.
  • Chapek ultimately makes the call on when to reopen and how, once DeSantis gives the green light... so while the protocols for Secure Circuit have been developed, there may be changes from the top.
  • What's on and what's off for future construction is now largely on how much and when Disney receives US government money, as well as the realities of the economy on the other side of this situation. Expect Disney to NOT announce cancellations of projects in 2020, but also for some projects to simply sit with no announcement. Disney is likely to be very bearish in 2020 until we get Q4 economic data.

I worry about people who spend this kind of time speculating.

I agree but we all know people will pay for it cause it's Disney. I can see Disney opening like that if social distancing has to be in place.

I don’t know anyone who would pay for that. I can see them opening MK for Florida residents first as a trial. Maybe having one park a day open for a while before opening the resorts, but enforcing ALL of that? impossible.

This is a place that can’t even enforce the no wagon rule in the parks...

Thats a really good point though.

It is pretty widely accepted around here that Disney is very non confrontational with their guests, and also has a very spotty ability to execute things having to do with IT. Yet suddenly they’re going to strictly check temperatures, enforce masks, force guests to distance all around the parks, and even track some of this stuff using their technology? Where was this Disney 2 months ago?

I don’t know anyone who would pay for that. I can see them opening MK for Florida residents first as a trial. Maybe having one park a day open for a while before opening the resorts, but enforcing ALL of that? impossible.
Maybe not all of that. I do see them implementing a lot of those measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter