Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can especially to expedite construction

Nope I can see springs open a good month + before actual parks

100% the costs for everything will go up up up to make up for closure and capacity limits

or they go old school and to reserve a ‘spot in the virtual queue’ for the headliners you pay an upcharge
You can’t make that money back if people don’t go because you’re jack up prices while we are in a major recession.

I don’t know who claims these may be the modifications, but most of these restrictions don’t seem to be on Disney’s radar. They are still offering reservations for fireworks dessert parties and Fantasmic packages for June. There are available fastpasses for character meet and greets and attractions with indoor theaters and nighttime shows like Epcot Forever and Rivers of Light and Fantasmic. If they were seriously planning limitations for these experiences, they could easily make them unavailable on fastpass now. They could cancel the dessert parties and Fantasmic packages. But they haven’t.

I’m not saying that there won’t be some limitations. But if Disney were pretty sure they were going to implement them, I would think they would take some measures now to prevent future issues. There would sure be a lot of cancelled dinner reservations and anytime fastpasses (resulting in terrible lines at attractions like EE and Splash and BTMRR and Space) if some of these modifications you guys are predicting are actually employed.
All of this. I agree with all of this. We have a July 2nd trip planned right now and while I haven’t had a chance to do FPS yet I can get ADR at most places at most times. It seems like it’s business as usual on that end of it. Also again there are dessert party availability as well. They offered free dining to people for this summer who had to cancel/move their trips. I just don’t see them stopping all this stuff because like has been said before people come down and get mad because they didn’t research anything about this trip and go to guest relations and get a ton to stuff. I do see resort guests only being allowed in to start. But I really think judging by what I’ve seen and heard it’s gonna be pretty much business as usual to an extent and it’s on you if you feel it’s safe. You have to pay to get in it’s not like a beach or a park where you just go.

All of this. I agree with all of this. We have a July 2nd trip planned right now and while I haven’t had a chance to do FPS yet I can get ADR at most places at most times. It seems like it’s business as usual on that end of it. Also again there are dessert party availability as well. They offered free dining to people for this summer who had to cancel/move their trips. I just don’t see them stopping all this stuff because like has been said before people come down and get mad because they didn’t research anything about this trip and go to guest relations and get a ton to stuff. I do see resort guests only being allowed in to start. But I really think judging by what I’ve seen and heard it’s gonna be pretty much business as usual to an extent and it’s on you if you feel it’s safe. You have to pay to get in it’s not like a beach or a park where you just go.

Nobody knows except Disney. Everyone here are just a bunch of bored shut-ins with time on their hands to make wild predictions. What we can say without a doubt is Disney will do whatever they can to maximize profits based on any government restrictions that are forced to follow and of course the safety of their guests.

You can’t make that money back if people don’t go because you’re jack up prices while we are in a major recession.
yeah, they'l have to make price cuts to get the volume they need. It's important they STAY in business, not make a huge profit right now.imo.

I think no masks and no temp checks for guests is possible. They are impractical to enforce and have minimal benefit, as discussed here and on other threads. I don't think there will be no restrictions, however. I would expect a phased reopening that does not include parades, fireworks, or nighttime shows; fifty percent capacity at sit down restaurants; increased use of virtual queues (they were headed this direction anyway); and no face characters. Preshows that cram a bunch of people into a small room are also likely to be dispensed with, or operate at severely reduced capacity (which would slow down the ride operation significantly). Masks and temp checks for employees is possible. I don't think Disney will just throw caution to the wind.
Temp checks are a joke. I may not have a temperature and still have the virus. I may not have a temperature this morning, they get it later on in the day. Kids Kids kids have this all the time.

They would only be able to use the ferry to get to MK from the TTC unless the monorail was 1 car per family

They would only be able to use the ferry to get to MK from the TTC unless the monorail was 1 car per family
I think there are 2 cabins per car so maybe 25 to 40% of standard seated capacity depending on family size

Temp checks are a joke. I may not have a temperature and still have the virus. I may not have a temperature this morning, they get it later on in the day. Kids Kids kids have this all the time.
I actually had a cough for 4 days before I ever got a fever (and thankfully I was already staying at home, because I'm a lazy introvert lol), I work in healthcare and actually had an interview at a hospital so I was already looking for any symptoms. If someone had a shorter trip they could spread the virus well before they ever get any outward signs and be on their way home before anyone knows. Masks also won't be much good since people will undoubtedly remove them inappropriately to eat and drink, kids will touch them all day and then touch all the things (like, everything), so at the end of the day it's pretty much a lost cause. I think the best thing that could happen is to not let people in high risk groups in to the parks, keep sanitizer accessible to all guests, if anyone is showing any signs of illness not allow entry (I say this because I see so many sick kids whose parents are going to drag them to the parks because it was so expensive, and they aren't letting a little illness stop them), and do the best they can. At some point people have to be responsible for accepting liability for illness, companies and the government can only do so much to limit exposure (unpopular opinion I know).

I feel if all this has to be done, Disney should just remain closed. I would never pay the price I am currently paying for my August trip with all these modifications in place. It makes me wonder what ticket prices will be. I sure hope they aren’t charging full price.

Thank You so much for saying that! I fully expect significant changes when WDW opens, but if Property is going to be %50-%75 closed, it may not really be worth a visit.

Without the fireworks and shows, the Disney park would become a mere "rides park". A pale shadow of the "theme parks" that they were. I wouldn't feel the need to return regularly if that happens.
My thoughts too. A huge part of our enjoyment is the entertainment part. I live in Michigan and I might as well visit Cedar Point if I want rides. They have great rides. Right now we have Annual Passes and visit Disney and stay on property a few times a year. I could see going back to maybe visiting once every few years if that were the case. Even with a pass it is expensive to fly, stay on property, eat etc.

It will be very interesting to see what Disney does at each park in this weird situation. It's a balance business and profits vs. health and safety of guests.
In Canada, our Canada Day celebrations are all going to be virtual (July 1st) and our out break is no where near the size of the the USA's.
It makes me fearful of what the impact will be if parks are opened too early.

Universal sent out a survey to its Passholders with potential modifications. I'm sure WDW may be considering some of these same modifications.

What is interesting is that different Passholders are getting different scenarios. For example, some have questions about parks being at 75% capacity and some have questions about being at 50% or 25% of capacity.

Here are some of the modifications mentioned in the survey:
1. All guests undergo a rapid COVID test (with results in 15 minutes). Only those who are negative will be allowed entry into the park
2. Close indoor attractions/shows
3. Suspend parades and nighttime gatherings
4. Parks at 75%/50% capacity/25% of capacity.
5. Only virtual queaus
6. Temperature checks - those consistently getting a high temperature would not be allowed entry into the park.
7. Require facemasks for all guests
8. Require facemasks for all team members
8. No 3D glasses
9. Seat guests every other row and every other seat in shows
10, Wipe downs vehicles/seats between rides
11. Eliminate self-serve food options

See screenshots of survey in these Twitter posts:

Again, this is at Universal, but I'm sure WDW is contemplating similar modifications. I would LOVE to get this survey from WDW!

Universal sent out a survey to its Passholders with potential modifications. What is interesting is that different Passholders are getting different scenarios. For example, some have questions about parks being at 75% capacity and some have questions about being at 50% or 25% of capacity.

Here are some of the modifications mentioned in the survey:
1. All guests undergo a rapid COVID test (with results in 15 minutes). Only those who are negative will be allowed entry into the park
2. Close indoor attractions/shows
3. Suspend parades and nighttime gatherings
4. Parks at 75%/50% capacity/25% of capacity.
5. Only virtual queaus
6. Temperature checks - those consistently getting a high temperature would not be allowed entry into the park.
7. Require facemasks for all guests
8. Require facemasks for all team members
8. No 3D glasses
9. Seat guests every other row and every other seat in shows
10, Wipe downs vehicles/seats between rides

See screenshots of survey in these Twitter posts:

Again, this is at Universal, but I'm sure WDW is contemplating similar modifications. I would LOVE to get this survey from WDW!
Its funny cause that is a lot of the measures that was posted in that rumor and a lot want to dismiss it. There is a reason they send out those surveys.

My thoughts too. A huge part of our enjoyment is the entertainment part. I live in Michigan and I might as well visit Cedar Point if I want rides. They have great rides. Right now we have Annual Passes and visit Disney and stay on property a few times a year. I could see going back to maybe visiting once every few years if that were the case. Even with a pass it is expensive to fly, stay on property, eat etc.
I don't even think Cedar Point will be an option, Kings Island and Cedar Point are offering people with 2020 passes a 2021 pass, which means they aren't planning on opening this year.

Its funny cause that is a lot of the measures that was posted in that rumor and a lot want to dismiss it. There is a reason they send out those surveys.
Exactly. I mean, it's still a rumor until it's "news" that they are implementing it. But, it's not people in their living rooms, bored during corona, speculating. These are modifications that *are* being considered by theme parks in Orlando.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter