Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say it, but this whole argument is just silly. People need to make their own choices based on what makes them feel safe. For being northerners, we spend a lot of time at WDW and based on typical Disney behaviors that I regularly see, people need to worry a lot more about some of those, rather than two empty-nesters eating their way through DS or CW leaving everyone else alone. (which is what we do)

That being said, I can guarantee you we won't be without food or beverage at any time in DS....we rarely are. :drinking1

The argument isn't "silly" if those are the rules being enforced.

Sounds like when I'm in Epcot at a festival. Always eating or drinking something.

We have well over 100 WDW trips under our belt. We're done with the parks and the rides and especially the lines and we seek out quiet places where we're away from the masses. Not to mention, I just don't like to be around many people at WDW. Have you ever walked behind people who'd antiperspirant was failing on a 95 degree day...No thank you. I'd rather keep my distance. :crazy2:

We have well over 100 WDW trips under our belt. We're done with the parks and the rides and especially the lines and we seek out quiet places where we're away from the masses. Not to mention, I just don't like to be around many people at WDW. Have you ever walked behind people who'd antiperspirant was failing on a 95 degree day...No thank you. I'd rather keep my distance. :crazy2:

Oh yeah, all the time, lol. Horrible for sure.

That's what scares me. People can't do it now in stores imagine what it will be like at a theme park.
Maybe then it’s best to not go. It will be impossible to Enforce all of these things. 50 % of people I see “wearing” masks aren’t even wearing them right. I call them chin masks and you can bet a lot of people’s masks won’t be on right. Do they just kick everyone out who they see?

just got back from target. I live in jersey, where masks are mandatory. I see SO MANY people wearing their masks over just their mouths or my fave, their chins. What’s the point then? There’s signs that people aren’t allowed in without masks, but masks worn improperly are useless. additionally, we supposedly have a limit on amount of people in stores, but target was jam-packed. No way to avoid being close to people. So if rules won’t be enforced, why bother making them? I don’t know, just my observation on what happens even when things are mandatory.

(for the record, I’m going to Disney as long as they’re open for my reservation.)

What is interesting about the survey that Disney just sent to guests with summer stays is that each of the questions asked guests to assume:

Travel providers and Central Florida attractions, including the Walt Disney World Resort, will have implemented a new set of health and safety measures (such as all employees and customers wearing face coverings, enhanced disinfecting and cleaning of facilities, limiting capacity and density of large gatherings, etc.)

So, they are not asking if you would go or not go based on complying with the new health and safety measures (such as face masks). They’re telling us the health and safety measures will be in place and are asking about other modifications, such as parks being closed, attractions not operating, restaurants closed, etc.

What is interesting about the survey that Disney just sent to guests with summer stays is that each of the questions asked guests to assume:

Travel providers and Central Florida attractions, including the Walt Disney World Resort, will have implemented a new set of health and safety measures (such as all employees and customers wearing face coverings, enhanced disinfecting and cleaning of facilities, limiting capacity and density of large gatherings, etc.)

So, they are not asking if you would go or not go based on complying with the new health and safety measures (such as face masks). They’re telling us the health and safety measures will be in place and are asking about other modifications, such as parks being closed, attractions not operating, restaurants closed, etc.

I think people will be in for a surprise when everything becomes official. Disney doesn't want to close again, and will do everything possible to avoid that, even if it includes mandatory face coverings.

I highlighted the modifications mentioned in the survey that, in my opinion, would have a direct impact on guest experience at WDW:
  • Parks not being open or only some being open
  • Attractions require reservations
  • Rides, shows or entertainment in the parks not available
  • Dining options and bars limited.

From BlogMickey:

Last edited:
The masks have been working fine here. I went to the store yesterday, everyone was wearing masks or some kind of face coverings. For once I'm proud of Florida. I actually think the response here from local municipalities has been pretty good, and I've seen a lot of cooperation and camaraderie when it comes to social distancing, face coverings, sanitizing, etc.

I firmly believe that we can use masks just as any society can, and that masks will be crucial in allowing Disney to open before there is a vaccine. I worry that public resistance and push back will not allow the parks to open on a timeline like Shanghai's. If Disney will be expecting the kind of push back and argumentative nature that some people have described here, I think they will not open at all rather than subject their employees and themselves to the risks involved.

Best to put on your Baby Yoda mask and have a magical Disney day, as they said in the Shanghai video.

In regards to one poster who mentioned they will simply always have a drink in their hand to avoid wearing a mask, I wonder if Disney will elect to discourage people from walking and drinking, and instead have seated, socially distanced areas for dining and drinking and require all beverages purchased to be finished on site. No to-go cups or foods. That would solve the problem of people who would amble around without a mask, eating a piece of popcorn every few minutes.

In regards to one poster who mentioned they will simply always have a drink in their hand to avoid wearing a mask, I wonder if Disney will elect to discourage people from walking and drinking, and instead have seated, socially distanced areas for dining and drinking and require all beverages purchased to be finished on site. No to-go cups or foods. That would solve the problem of people who would amble around without a mask, eating a piece of popcorn every few minutes.
That sounds horrible, that would all but eliminate the little food carts scattered around

I think people will be in for a surprise when everything becomes official. Disney doesn't want to close again, and will do everything possible to avoid that, even if it includes mandatory face coverings.
Yep. Its going to be a personal decision. My family has decided we will wear the masks if we must. But... that is what works for us.....may not work for others

Nature's social distancing measures have no distance restrictions. Many times 6 feet is not enough.

I assume you're referring to me :)

We would not be doing anything differently than we normally do, so it's not all about getting out of wearing one. We enter DS with drinks and leave DS with them. We routinely hit restaurant after restaurant and take drinks to go.

We won't be breaking any of the possible mandates at WDW in any way (unless they say you have to wear a mask while eating...good luck with that) and certainly wouldn't go out of my way to make anyone uncomfortable. I'm sure that there will be many who blatantly tell untruths about health issues, anxiety etc to get out of having them and that I don't agree with.

We've just decided that we won't run around in masks or face coverings that are unneeded just to appear correct or make other people feel better.

Just an update from Orange County Mayor, hair, nail salons and barbershops can reopen Monday and the curfew will also be lifted on Monday

Ive been giving myself haircuts.Salons and Barbershops are going to be booked up for months

I assume you're referring to me :)

We would not be doing anything differently than we normally do, so it's not all about getting out of wearing one. We enter DS with drinks and leave DS with them. We routinely hit restaurant after restaurant and take drinks to go.

We won't be breaking any of the possible mandates at WDW in any way (unless they say you have to wear a mask while eating...good luck with that) and certainly wouldn't go out of my way to make anyone uncomfortable. I'm sure that there will be many who blatantly tell untruths about health issues, anxiety etc to get out of having them and that I don't agree with.

We've just decided that we won't run around in masks or face coverings that are unneeded just to appear correct or make other people feel better.
I took your comment about drinking and eating as a lighthearted joke, not that there is anything wrong with drinking and eating your way through vacation. That’s what we intend to do. haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter