Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. I think VQs are a good idea - if they're nothing like ROTR. If they are, I can see many people not returning to or bothering to visit Disney. I can see a blending of FP+ and VQ - join up to 3 VQs at a time, which can be booked at any time (so you can join a VQ for Splash at 1:30 pm). In the meantime, you can enjoy any attraction/show that doesn't require a VQ. Also, give a grace period, so if you're ETA is 2:00, allow until 2:30 (etc) or to tap into the attraction.

not to turn this into a discussion on the RotR VQ - but I think the issue with that was more the performance of the attraction that the VQ system itself .... I think the idea would be like you describe for Splash and if RotR was running as reliably as Splash typically does it would work well for RotR as well. I think there would be a window of sorts to come back ... basically would function like FPs do now, or maybe more like the old FP- system where you get your slot day of only, not ahead of time

not to turn this into a discussion on the RotR VQ - but I think the issue with that was more the performance of the attraction that the VQ system itself .... I think the idea would be like you describe for Splash and if RotR was running as reliably as Splash typically does it would work well for RotR as well. I think there would be a window of sorts to come back ... basically would function like FPs do now, or maybe more like the old FP- system where you get your slot day of only, not ahead of time
For me, the biggest issue with VQ as it was with ROTR is having to get to the park at 6 am. One of the big reasons I chose to be an AP holder is that I like sleeping in and not having to be at the parks at the crack of dawn and stay until close. I visit the parks so frequently that I feel like I get my money's worth by visiting only 5-8 hours a day with an AP- which means I can sleep in most days. I also like not having to fight the crowds at baggage check and the ticket turnstiles.

It would be bad if guests who show up at 10:30 or later are shut out of many of the best rides. If they had a VQ system that could be booked in advance, that would be good. Otherwise, everyone shows up to the parks at the same time.

Magic Kingdom reopens with limited capacity, no theaters, no parades, no castle shows, no fireworks and sanitized ride vehicles after every guest exit.<<

So "no theaters" means "no Tiki Room, Country Bears, Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents" etc. I'm guessing?

For me, the biggest issue with VQ as it was with ROTR is having to get to the park at 6 am. One of the big reasons I chose to be an AP holder is that I like sleeping in and not having to be at the parks at the crack of dawn and stay until close. I visit the parks so frequently that I feel like I get my money's worth by visiting only 5-8 hours a day with an AP- which means I can sleep in most days. I also like not having to fight the crowds at baggage check and the ticket turnstiles.

It would be bad if guests who show up at 10:30 or later are shut out of many of the best rides. If they had a VQ system that could be booked in advance, that would be good. Otherwise, everyone shows up to the parks at the same time.

yeah, I think if the ride was running efficiently and also over time as it isn't such the "the thing to do" then you wouldn't have to get there so early to ride RotR

i do think the VQ would be "day of" - so more like how paper FPs would be or like how MaxPass works at Disneyland ... so you might still have to go early to get some of the top tier rides (Slinky Dog, Mine Train, etc.) but most rides would be relatively easy to get

Plus, if they are reducing daily capacity at the parks, should be easier to get a slot as well

But obviously is all just my thoughts, who knows how it would really work

This is my biggest fear when contemplating a VQ system for all major rides. My DVC family (they own, I don't) hasn't rope dropped in all the time they've been owners. I have no problem with the early mornings, but I've never been able to get them to the parks early when I'm on trips with them. Our July trip will be no different I fear.

This is my biggest fear when contemplating a VQ system for all major rides. My DVC family (they own, I don't) hasn't rope dropped in all the time they've been owners. I have no problem with the early mornings, but I've never been able to get them to the parks early when I'm on trips with them. Our July trip will be no different I fear.
I would assume that a VQ would work like a normal queue in that you could only be in one virtual queue at a time. It should end up lasting the same amount of time as a stand by line would normally.

I agree it would operate similar to maxpass, or a digital version of FP-.

I think if this comes to be reality there will be no worries about it becoming like ROTR boarding groups. Especially because it would be put into place as part of a larger crowd control goal. At worst I think it could resemble the days when the big headliners could be a little bit challenging but not ROTR levels of hard or crowds.

Part of me wonders if it takes years before ROTR like mobs happen again.

thanks @rteetz

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/new...florida-economic-recovery-task-force-meeting/
What’s happening:

• The Orange County Florida Economic Recovery Task Force met today to once again explore a plan to reopen Orlando’s economy.
  • They began to devise guidelines and mandates for various industries which will continue to be revised throughout the week.
  • The first preliminary draft version included hotels, restaurants, small theme parks, and large theme parks.
  • While the criteria for small and large parks are the same, it is expected that there will be differences as more task force members contribute.
  • Mayor Demmings shared that he thinks an opening day in June is more realistic than May in order to give time to resolve supply chain issues.
Guidelines and Mandates Discussed by Orange County Florida Economic Recovery Task Force (as of 4/28/20)
Large Theme Parks (Disney, Universal):

• Guidelines:
    • Tape marking of 6 feet apart in ride/attraction queues
    • Staff to regularly wipe down surfaces at random
    • Phase 1 & 2: Staff who are 65+ are encouraged to stay home
  • Mandates:
    • All employees required to wear facemasks
    • Touchless hand sanitizer at each ticketing entry and turnstiles
    • Touchless hand sanitizer at each ride/attraction entry and exit
    • Temperature checks for staff prior to shift (temp above 100.4 must not enter premises)
    • Wipe down of all railing and surfaces regularly
    • Phase 1: 50% capacity
    • Phase 2: 75% capacity
Small Theme Parks (Funspot, Gatorland):

• Guidelines:
    • Tape marking of 6 feet apart in ride/attraction queues
    • Staff to regularly wipe down surfaces at random
  • Mandates:
    • Touchless hand sanitizer at each ticketing entry and turnstiles
    • Touchless hand sanitizer at each ride/attraction entry and exit
    • Temperature checks for staff prior to shift (temp above 100.4 must not enter premises)
    • Wipe down of all railing and surfaces regularly
    • Phase 1: 50% capacity
    • Phase 2: 75% capacity
Hotels

• Guidelines:
    • Phase 1: Housekeeping services to be limited and allow for minimal guest and employee exposure
    • Phase 1: Promote, if available, mobile check-in
    • Phase 1: Housekeeping services only clean upon request, or when guests depart
    • Phase 1: Allow employees to work from home if not playing a critical role in serving guests
    • Phase 1: Only deliver room service to guest’s door
    • Phase 1: Provide self-parking
    • Promote social distancing for all guests and staff
    • Recommended touchless sanitizer at entry
    • Increase cleaning services/additional sanitation services through cleaning companies
    • Phase 1 & 2: Staff who are 65+ are encourage to stay home
  • Mandates:
    • Hand sanitizer at entry to be in plain visible sight
    • All employees with flu-like symptoms advised to stay home
    • Front desk to sanitize themselves on a regular basis
    • Consistent cleaning of all guest areas
    • Front desk to utilize sneeze-guards
    • Remove all service items in guest rooms to include glassware, coffee cups etc.
    • Mini bars not to be stocked
    • Do no offer self food services
    • Space pool furniture according to distancing guidelines
    • Pool gates and pool chairs to be sanitized regularly
    • Door handles, elevator button and railing to be sanitized regularly
    • Remove all coffee makers from guest rooms
    • Remove all guest collateral items, except for those that are single use
    • Sanitize guest keys before and after each use
    • Sanitize bell carts after each year
    • Phase 1 & 2: No conferences
Restaurants:

• Guidelines:
    • Paper/disposable menus
    • Encourage takeout/online orders
    • Touchless sanitizer at entry
  • Mandates:
    • Hand sanitizer at every table
    • Hand sanitizer at entry to be in plain visible sight
    • All employees with flu-like symptoms advised to stay home
    • Doors to be wiped regularly
    • All staff behind counters must wear gloves (except for bartenders)
    • Bartenders to sanitize hands after making each drink order
    • Seated tables to be six feet apart
    • Phase 1: Limit restaurant and bar capacity to 50%
    • Phase 2: Limit restaurant and bar capacity to 75%

JetBlue just announced they are requiring face coverings at check in, during boarding, while in flight and deplaning beginning May 4. Not specifically Disney related but another example of a company requiring it by customers.
I keep thinking about deal breakers for wdw, but airlines may implement rules that will also be deal breakers for us. Flying with a 2 yr old is hard enough much less trying to keep a mask on him. We fly southwest. I am only booked with points so can easily cancel. I know it’s a fluid situation still, but I really wish companies would decide on their policies one way or another so we can make decisions. We can easily drive to wdw, but it would be quicker, more convenient, & cheaper to fly (usually). Also if wdw says no transportation then driving would be better for us. And I would change resorts. Ugh!

JetBlue just announced they are requiring face coverings at check in, during boarding, while in flight and deplaning beginning May 4. Not specifically Disney related but another example of a company requiring it by customers.
I keep thinking about deal breakers for wdw, but airlines may implement rules that will also be deal breakers for us. Flying with a 2 yr old is hard enough much less trying to keep a mask on him. We fly southwest. I am only booked with points so can easily cancel. I know it’s a fluid situation still, but I really wish companies would decide on their policies one way or another so we can make decisions. We can easily drive to wdw, but it would be quicker, more convenient, & cheaper to fly (usually). Also if wdw says no transportation then driving would be better for us. And I would change resorts. Ugh!

Everything I have read says 2 year olds do not need to wear a mask. I don't know if that applies to flying, though.

Just cost alone might be the deal breaker for most international potential visitors, without considering all the other factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter