Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s just say masks are the new thoughts & prayers b/c it makes ppl feel like they’re doing something when they’re really not doing much. I don’t mean actually wearing the mask in accordance with guidelines & laws but the constant preaching about them to others.
People feel the need to “preach” about masks in response to the multiple, baseless claims that they don’t help. Is it a 100% proposition? Of course not. Nobody has said that. It can help prevent spread. Period. I see it as very similar to smoking. You can smoke all you want. But second hand smoke can be dangerous to others so many places designate where you can and can’t smoke in order to minimize damage to others. Does not make you a hero if you don’t smoke where you are not supposed to, does not make you a hero if you wear a mask. If you follow the guidelines it makes you a person who is considerate of others and trying to do what is seen as being helpful. I really don’t understand the whole mask resistance thing. I get it will be hot to wear one at WDW. But, and I stress this is not yet out there as a requirement, it MAY be a requirement to enter. If it is and that is an issue for a medical issue contact customer service and inquire about your options. If you don’t want to wear one for comforts sake you might want to think about postponing your trip. Or go and deal with the potential hassle from CMS and god forbid “dirty looks” from people following the rules. Hope that want too preachy for ya

Do you think all indoor shows will be cancelled or will they just space out parties? I'm hoping for the latter. I don't know how I feel about a Disney trip without the Country Bears and much of HS is indoor shows. The rumors of the permanent closure of the Voyage of the LM have me worried. I like that show!
that was rumored before park closing. I have been hearing that one for awhile

I'm wondering the same thing. We are planning on going in September when its really HOT. We enjoy our time at the pools. If the pools are closed I think we may postpone
I would think a LOT of people would postpone their trips with no pools.

We should make a little poll of like the Top 5 things that, if "modified", would cause you to cancel or postpone your trip. (And remember this is just people's opinion's - this is how people feel - this simply means that they don't find value in WDW as a vacation destination if some things are changed - (just not worth the time/money) - no judging needed:

For me, I think I would consider postponing my trip if (in this order, where #1 is the one I would most consider postponing my trip if it was like that):

1 - No M&Gs at all (have little kids they love them and we love the photos)
2 - No pool access at all (it's hot down there. Taking a day off to splash in the highly themed pools is a big part of the value of staying at a disney resort)
3 - No indoor theatres (the parks have a lot of fun indoor theater shows that are family friendly for families with young kids)
4 - No Disney transportation - or heavily modified - (not sure how they would have resorts open without buses, but I could see it being really inconvenient if certain transportation wasn't running or they made buses run half empty)
5 - Required masks outside - (I am not trying to start the debate, I am just saying personally, I would find it too uncomfortable for me and the kids, so maybe just wait until they are not required).

Again . .this is from the perspective of someone who would come down for a 4-5 day vacation, and things things would change based on family preferences.

What about you?

We should make a little poll of like the Top 5 things that, if "modified", would cause you to cancel or postpone your trip. (And remember this is just people's opinion's - this is how people feel - this simply means that they don't find value in WDW as a vacation destination if some things are changed - (just not worth the time/money) - no judging needed:

For me, I think I would consider postponing my trip if (in this order, where #1 is the one I would most consider postponing my trip if it was like that):

2 - No pool access at all (it's hot down there. Taking a day off to splash in the highly themed pools is a big part of the value of staying at a disney resort)
3 - No indoor theatres (the parks have a lot of fun indoor theater shows that are family friendly for families with young kids)
4 - No Disney transportation - or heavily modified - (not sure how they would have resorts open without buses, but I could see it being really inconvenient if certain transportation wasn't running or they made buses run half empty)
5 - Required masks outside - (I am not trying to start the debate, I am just saying personally, I would find it too uncomfortable for me and the kids, so maybe just wait until they are not required).

Again . .this is from the perspective of someone who would come down for a 4-5 day vacation, and things things would change based on family preferences.

What about you?
This just shows how different everyone's priorities are with their trips. Out of your list the only one that would cause me to question if I wanted to still go on my trip or not would be no Disney transportation. Other than that we could choose not to go if there were no TS, and if it were a free for all to get in the parks before capacity is reached (i.e they don't have a policy as to who gets "first dibs"). Now, if I were going on one of my solo trips, which I do have my March/May trips rescheduled for August, I would only worry about no transportation but the rest I could deal with since I usually only eat QS or lounges when alone (and I don't even have to do lounges), and if need be can push myself to be at the park well before open every day to ensure I get in. Everyone has a different priority, so it will be interesting to see what changes they make cause the most amount of people to say "I'm out, see you when it goes back to normal".

What about you?
Understandable!
The only thing that would stop me from going is if the world was going to heck in a handbasket, and it became unsafe to leave home again. Honestly, we're talkin New York City on a national level. Other than that, I have already been designing fabric and making my own masks using static filtration and special filters along with cotton. I'm making them to be as decorative as Mickey ears.

I will be bummed if my fireworks party in Magic Kingdom is canceled, but I'm assuming that will come back some point in the future. I'm also staying at boardwalk and Bay lake tower to minimize transportation.

Edit: I'm going to be honest; I booked biergarten in hopes that it might actually a comfortable experience if they implement social distancing. It's my only chance to actually enjoy going there! 😂

True, but that won’t work for MK. Even if you drive, you still have to use the monorail or ferry to get to the park. I can’t think of a good workaround for MK.

I agree they haven’t specifically said where they will do it. I was basing it on what they are doing at DS. But we don’t know what they will be doing with resort guests at DS either since the buses aren’t running right now. So maybe they will check at the resorts. So many unknowns right now . . .
Personally I find the temp check thing much more worrisome than the dreaded m word. I mean it’s pretty easy to throw a mask on and pull it down whe nobody is looking. (And please let’s not debate the merits of that)
But on any given day I have no idea what my temp is. Is there anyone with knowledge here on how temperature outside effects your body temp? Somebody brought up that if your kid has an ear infection and their temp is slightly elevated what the heck do you do? I saw somewhere that not only the person with the high temp gets turned away but their whole party? Good lord. I can’t imagine the arguments at the front gate when families are told they cant come in. The travel, expense and effort and can’t go in? And how much time will this add to entry procesure? Anyone here been to DS and see it in action?

Had it been mentioned before about the start of the 50th being pushed back to the actual anniversary date (Oct 1, 2021)? I know nothing was set before but figured they would start things to try and draw people in but guess if they aren't ready to have much new to celebrate it makes sense.

Gonna make that day that much crazier for park guests I suspect
That’s still kind of mixed. I haven’t seen concrete rumors on what is going on there yet.

What about you?
1. Required masks
2. Pool closures
3. Limited or no TS dining
4. Limited or no Disney provided transportation
5. Significant ride closures

We can live without parades, fireworks, and characters but the above 5 are non starters for my family.

We're scheduled to go June 12th so I guess i'll find out this week if they're cancelling me.

I would even go to the resort and stay on property/use the pool for a few days if the parks weren't opening until say June 14th/15th....I just hope they give some options/are a little transparent about what's brewing.

But on any given day I have no idea what my temp is. Is there anyone with knowledge here on how temperature outside effects your body temp?

I got a C in Biology so someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm preeeeeeeetty sure your body's self-regulation of internal temperature (i.e. sweating when it's hot) means that the outside temp has no effect on your internal temp. If you're in 100+ degree heat and not sweating you need to immediately see a doctor!

What about you?
I would add no TS restaurants. Or even if reservations I made were to get cancelled. We spend entire days in parks and enjoy the respite a nice break in an air conditioned, well serviced meal provides. Also if we could not park hop we would think twice. And I agree with all of yours

What about you?

These are the reasons why I am cancelling my family trips for this summer.

There will be tons of Disney masks and hand sanitizer bottles in every store front and kiosk all throughout the parks. If Disney knows how to do anything it, they know how to sell Disney branded merch
They even already had tiny hand sanitizer bottles all over the place adorned with little characters, that's always what my youngest DD gravitates to every store, the little display of sanitizers. So in that respect they're already a bit ahead, now they just need to get their masks out there to sell and they'll be good.

I got a C in Biology so someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm preeeeeeeetty sure your body's self-regulation of internal temperature (i.e. sweating when it's hot) means that the outside temp has no effect on your internal temp. If you're in 100+ degree heat and not sweating you need to immediately see a doctor!
Obviously you did better in Bio than I did?😊

What about you?
Mine would be:
1. No pool
2. No TS
3. Required masks (DH said no way in July heat)
I can deal with no fireworks or M and G although I would really miss HEA :(
No transportation would be a bummer but we could live with it.

Exactly , With all the people worried about exterior temp affecting their internal temps, makes it clear why they are concerned about other things of very little or no risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter