Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea that’s interesting. Is it that they have enough June reservations already to fill the parks to the rumored limited capacity? Or they don’t plan on the parks being open?
This is my thought, especially if you consider DVC opening. With those plus rooms you have booked, you may be at 30% capacity (assuming that follows Shanghai)...

You don’t have to be sad...I’m one of them. I wasn’t saying that in a critical way toward those who aren’t worried. (I am concerned for the elderly, obese and those with certain health conditions.)
Yes mask are only one reason for cancelling this trip. This will be first time for my grand kids and probably last whole family trip so if there is a chance not all parks or attractions will be open plus no fireworks or parades it would not be worth it for the money I am spending.
this is similar to our situation. We don’t go often. It’s my last time with a little girl who loves princesses (we’re on the cusp of her being done). I’m still hanging onto hope that our late August trip will be normal, but we won’t waste our trip on a sub par experience. It’s also extremely frustrating if you believe the risks have been blown out of proportion.
I do think Disney is in a hard position. The people most willing to go right now are also the people who probably aren’t freaking out about the virus. And they are the people most frustrated by altered experiences who will cancel if they take things away.

One of the things that will be hard to control is the behavior of guests during the frequent afternoon Florida rain showers. I have seen the cast members in the shops trying to clear the crowds that cram in there to wait out the storms. Even when they explain it's a fire code problem, a lot of the guests will not move.

I was just on the Disney site checking reservations. The pop up box with cast member came up. I asked if reservations starting in July. The CM said reservations start on June 1st.
Go try to make a June reservation and you’ll see no availability. Any dates.

I was just on the Disney site checking reservations. The pop up box with cast member came up. I asked if reservations starting in July. The CM said reservations start on June 1st.
With June becoming unbookable so fast after news broke I think it was an IT screw up they didn’t make it unbookable when they did DLR...

Yea that’s interesting. Is it that they have enough June reservations already to fill the parks to the rumored limited capacity? Or they don’t plan on the parks being open?

Might just be an evolving thing but at a minimum they don't have a lot of confidence of breaking full capacity in June. Maybe they aren't fully sure what will happen with June though, why they haven't cancelled yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter