ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since hubby and I will be staying at the RP for 3 nights next week (standard room) 10/30 - 11-2 ... Does anyone have any specific questions you'd like me to get answers for, pictures you'd like me to take, maps you'd like me to scan, etc...? I can give it a shot, if I know what to look for... :)

Perhaps this will inspire us to finally put together that website we've been meaning to start...
:jester:

grumbada,
I'll be at RP this summer. Please remember all the fine details, like how soft the bed is, if the furniture looks "cheap/tacky" (which I find hard to believe but read on another board), if the CMs are of Pacific Islander descent (like they have Africans at AKL), any extra-special-must-have food items at the hotel restaurants, etc. Thanks!
Have a lovely trip!

Wow grumbada! That is very nice of you! Thank you for thinking of us all!

We were wondering if you could fill us in on the parking situation when you get back. Like, how much of a hassle is it?

Also we were wondering if you could tell us what the view is like from your room? We booked a standard room, but we are thinking about upgrading to a water view room.

I hope you have a wonderful, safe, fun filled trip! :D :Pinkbounc :D

Duly noted, Aisling, Saffron and SnowWitch!

Keep the requests coming folks, I will write 'em down and take 'em with me...
My own personal "to-do" scavenger list...

Sorry this is taking me so long... I'm still in the midst of balancing happily aching muscles, going back to work, and finishing celebrating a birthday... A longer report will be coming soon, hopefully with links to pictures of the RP we'd taken!

Aisling:
The bed was very firm, but not hard... Probably the best sleep we've had in a long time. My morning ritual of waking up with a really bad lower-back ache magically disappeared after the first night's sleep... (and unfortunately returned after sleeping in my own bed at home). Beds are triple sheeted (fitted underneath you, one over you, and one between the woven blanket and the comforter. The comforter is not the down one like at the Hard Rock Hotel, but it is not a cheap one either. The pillows are feather-down and oh-so-cushy!

I have no idea why anyone would think the furniture would be cheap or tacky. Perhaps that can be chalked up to personal preference. This furniture was heavy, dark wood, and looked to be mostly hand-carved or otherwise hand-laithed. I don't think the light-colored weave in the head board and chest-of-drawers is real reed, but on closer inspection, it did not appear to be plastic either... I can guarantee you this is not cheap stuff... The bed frame is bolted to the wall and does not bang against the wall when you sit on the bed (weirdo that I am, I tested this). If you grab a top ends of it and wiggle it, it will though.

As far as whether or not "if the CMs are of Pacific Islander descent (like they have
Africans at AKL)"... That's a tough call... I didn't ask anyone where they where from... none of the girls at the front desk appeared to be of any other descent than Floridian. ;) The ladies that worked the concierge desk each time I visited, physically appeared to be of Asian or Pacific Island decent, but I think that could be just be coincidence... (In answer to your question, I don't know if that's something they'd done on perpose or not)

Must-have food items? Honestly, I'm the wrong person to ask. The food prices were a bit too rich for my blood and we ended up at at CityWalk, but I can tell you that the frozen drinks are REALLY tasty. I had a nacho plate at Jake's (LOVE the story line and the decor!), not as meaty as I'd expected it to be from the menu description, but included a 50% or so portion of length-wise banana chips! Great dipping sauce to go with it too, served in a wooden hand-carved bowl shaped like a pineapple. Hubby tells me that he's going to write a trip report too and he has a better memory for food details than me. ;) There was this one drink at Jake's... I think it was almost $20... a 32oz drink.... I think it was called the Komonyouknowyouwannadrinkme (?)... I was dying to see what one of those looked like! :jester:

Saffron:
Parking was not a problem and is $6 a day (although I'm still waiting for that charge to show up). If you don't see a spot in the lot as you wind around the first few aisles, there is another group of aisles just to the left of it which always seemed to have plenty of spaces. We never had to drive back that far to find one though. The walk to the front desk is not really that far, and you can get there in a few minutes... Soon I will post a picture of the view from our room that will give a really good idea of the distance from lot to front entrance. (Interesting story that goes with it, I'll have to tell you later).

And btw.... I found this resort to be extremely romantic!
I LOVED this Resort, and I can't say enough good things about it...

(And I'll tell you more very soon)

grumbada! Welcome home! :D :D

Thank you so much for the information. It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay! I can't wait to read both of your reports.
:D :D The rooms sound devine!! I can't wait to see any pictures you post! Thank you for the information about parking. That eased my mind a lot. :D

This is great! I can't wait to read more! Thank you again! :D

Thanks for the report, grumbada. We will be there in January and I am definately going to try that $20 drink at Jake's!!! Just once as a special Birthday thing. I'll probably need only one. My husband better start working out because I am sure that drink packs a punch and he'll have to carry me back to the room! lol
:smooth:

grumbada,
wow, you sure do have a talent for details! Thank you!

Aisling i hope you don't mind but I could'nt PM you. You would'nt happen to be over here from the UK would you? I meet a Aisling once a few years ago on another board and I could resist asking you hope you don't mind.

(SnowWitch, Just want you to know I haven't forgotten you. I didn't ask for the manager's e-mail address, but I will try to find out for you this week, and will email you when I find it).
;)

I didn't want you guys to have to wait for me to write a trip report to see the photo's, so...

I scanned and uploaded the pics to an ofoto album but unfortunately, after testing the link, I found that Ofoto now has visitors put in their email address now to access it. No biggee I suppose, they've never sent me spam, or given out my e-mail address as far as I can tell... Heck, I think signing up with a fake one might work too (winkwink-nudgenudge).

http://www.ofoto.com/ShareLandingSi...e=true&Un=802450631&Um=6280130303.73808236603

There are 14 pics here of:
The Resort Map! (I can send you a bigger, more detailed one if you email or PM me)
View from the guest room
Furniture in the guest room
Construction in the new Emeril's
View from boat dock
RPR Pool
Portofino Pool (we snuck over to look)

I apologize that there are not more. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can go about getting still shots from 8mm footage, or even how to do a streamed video from it, let me know.

More later,

MY parking charge was added to my room bill every day. One day I used valet (lots of pkgs to carry). I was even carrying a case of beer. I asked the "valet guy" if the hotel minded us bringing in our own beer, he laughed and said they didnt mind at all. The next day the valet charge was added in again. I called and told the front desk it was wrong, we only used valet and they credited the room and added on the $6 daily charge.

Patty

Patty,
I'm glad you caught that... I shudder to think how many might not bother to check.

As an addendum, the parking charge did show up on my card yesterday, seperate from the room balance... Which is odd, because when I checked the bill that was hung on my door the morning of departure, it was already added per day on the bill, just as yours probably was.

Nope, I don't think the staff mind at all that you bring in beer/soda/food/whathave you. In fact they seem to nod and smile knowingly. The employees that I encountered there were very friendly and very genuine in their interest in you and your experience there.

In fact, if I had to do it all again, I would have gone to Walgreens around the corner first thing, bought soda, snacks, mornin' pastries, and perhaps a small disposable cooler... To use for most of the duration.

Almost forgot, watch out for the In Room Movies, we tried to watch Goldmember and Big Fat Greek Wedding, both times the movies stopped and we called to have it credited and we restarted the movies, both times it stopped before the ending again, so we called to have them credited, the first time the movies were automatically credited, the second we had to make a couple of calls........I love being able to check the bill on the t.v. My older daughter loved to use the playstation, but keep track of the time!!! I think it was 6.99 an hour.

Aisling, havent checked your PM yet.

Patty

I can't use the link to view your pictures, Grumbada. Everytime I try, there is a different email address in the sign in spot, then it won't let me put in my email and my password.

Is anyone else having a problem? :(

I can't wait to see them! :D

The hotel staff understand that most people will have food/drink in the room with you. In fact, mini-refridgerators and microwaves can be requested for your room. Charges for these are $15/nt per item requested.

HRH Dec '01
PBH Dec '01

I would love to have a larger image of the map of the Royal Pacific Resort. Would you email it to me? Thanks a lot! We will be staying there at the end of June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter