ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Is there tax on the $22 for parking, if so, can anyone share the total amount for parking? I am obsessive about tracking my trip costs on a spreadsheet (mainly to ensure I have enough $ converted from Canadian to US ahead of time) and wanted to ensure I have the correct amount.

Is there tax on the $22 for parking, if so, can anyone share the total amount for parking? I am obsessive about tracking my trip costs on a spreadsheet (mainly to ensure I have enough $ converted from Canadian to US ahead of time) and wanted to ensure I have the correct amount.
Yes. Tax is 6.5% which equates to $1.43 per a night of parking. Parking is charged based on number of nights not days.

Does anyone know the current cost of the CC hold they place now per night? Is it $100 or $150? I have some clients staying there in a few weeks and I don't want them be caught off guard like I was last weekend at PBR. I was charged $200 per night. I was shell shocked at first but then I remembered the charging to your room key card. Which was great because we could eat on the trip! LOL.

i don't use a debit card so not sure of the answer

I prepay my room stay but have my cc on file
I use room charging while I am there

Since I have already paid the stay once I check in, I can charge up to the amount I already paid

If I charge back to the room and that amount over cedes what I have paid on my account, I get a $1 pending charge on my cx

What I do is buy more gc in the park and in the evening have those gc applied to my bill at the hotel

My $1 hold then drops off my cc

If you pay your room charge when you check in, they won't put a hold on your debit card

And you can decline to have room charging rights

Pay cash or use cc for food, shopping in the parks and you won't have to deal with any hold on your debit card
As long as you don't charge back to the room, no problems
When we checked into PBR this past weekend, my room and package was paid in full. It was the pass holder HP package and I had no choice but to pay it in full. They still asked for a CC and hit it for $200 per night of stay, $800. I don't feel like they gave me an option if I wanted to or not.

Last edited:

Does anyone know the current cost of the CC hold they place now per night? Is it $100 or $150? I have some clients staying there in a few weeks and I don't want them be caught off guard like I was last weekend at PBR. I was charged $200 per night. I was shell shocked at first but then I remembered the charging to your room key card. Which was great because we could eat on the trip! LOL.
I stayed for 2 nights the weekend before last(1/20-1/22) and in order to have charging privileges I had a $400 hold out on my card. I was staying on a regular room/ticket package.

When we checked into PBR this past weekend, my room and package was paid in full. It was the pass holder HP package and I had no choice but to pay it in full. They still asked for a CC and hit it for $200 per night of stay, $800. I don't feel like they gave me an option if I wanted to or not.

We found out on one of our entries that if you forgo charging privileges to the room, they do not place the daily hold on it. I'm not sure if it is a one time hold or no hold. We ran through that at Cabana Bay last Summer with an eight night stay. Ended up having to switch cards to a different CC.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me :)

Does the king suite includes club lounge access or not ?

Thanks.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me :)

Does the king suite includes club lounge access or not ?

Thanks.

You don’t automatically get Club just by booking a King Suite......you have to book Club as well.

If you tell them at checkin that you do not want charginging privileges they will run your card for the balance due only. If you prepaid there wouldn’t be any charges. You do have to be clear in telling them this when you check in. I’ve done this at both pbr and rpr.

So I just booked. We will actually be there around the same time as schumigirl, May 22-27th. They haven't taken the deposit out and I did get a confirmation email. But I'm nervous they haven't come for their money. Does it take a few days?

So I just booked. We will actually be there around the same time as schumigirl, May 22-27th. They haven't taken the deposit out and I did get a confirmation email. But I'm nervous they haven't come for their money. Does it take a few days?

Yes, I wouldn't worry as long as you received a confirmation email. We just booked PBH on 2/5 and three days later (2/8) the charge hasn't hit our Visa account although I do see the charge in the pending transactions field so I have no doubt they'll 'come for the money' soon.

I think you can book up to December right now, so should be a couple more months till April 17 dates are there :thumbsup2
We stayed at RPR for the first time the Jan 2-5 2018 and all I can say is WOW! I was hesitant about booking there as last time we stayed on site we stayed at HRH and wasn't overly impressed - the service wasn't great, I didn't like our room location but the easy access to the parks and the EP justified it. This time I decided we would stay at RPR and the sticker shock that came with it since it was the holidays made me doubt my decision but decided to go for it. After reading so many good things here I even upgraded us to a Club Room just to make mornings easier and a place to eat something in the evenings. From the moment we arrived we were impressed and the service just got better and better. The front desk staff were great, the lounge staff we great and the Chef at Jakes went above and beyond for my birthday! The pool was closed the whole time we were there at it was cold but they opened a games room for the kids instead and offered them free snacks and they could play ping pong, checkers, etc. You know that feeling after a vacation where you think about what you could do better next time? We couldn't think of anything. This was perfect. I won't hesitate to stay there again!

Hubby and I are planning on going back for HHN in the fall. We were already planning that before this trip and were planning to stay off site as we did a few years ago as we weren't planning on going during the day. Now we have seasonal passes and may go during the day before HHN. I am hoping we can get good rates in the Fall and stay at RPR during HHN - any tips? When to book and when the AP rates will be available?
This is perfect! Thank you for this review. We are looking at this same thing for the beginning of January next year with 7 adults. Can you tell me what the AP rates are?

I just had to share as I am absolutely thrilled that my patience and dedication to checking for rooms finally paid off today. We're booked in for March 9th to 13th at PBH, followed by two nights on the gulf coast visiting family, then are heading back to Universal for our last night on March 15th which happens to also be my birthday. We had booked in at PBH night as there has been no availability at RPR for that night aside from a suite that at APH rate is over $900 a night which is just a whole lot out of my budget. I've been checking daily hoping something would come up at RPR in a double queen room while secretly hoping for a club level room. Well today my constant checking paid off and I was able to book a club level double queen for that night and am SO happy. It will be our last night in Orlando for this trip and really wanted to do something special to celebrate my birthday and also wanted a chance to stay at this resort, so I'm ecstatic that I was able to snag a club level room. Between that and my car rental dropping another $18 today, its been a five star day. Very excited to get to experience UO for the first time on what I am sure will be the first of many trips.

I just had to share as I am absolutely thrilled that my patience and dedication to checking for rooms finally paid off today. We're booked in for March 9th to 13th at PBH, followed by two nights on the gulf coast visiting family, then are heading back to Universal for our last night on March 15th which happens to also be my birthday. We had booked in at PBH night as there has been no availability at RPR for that night aside from a suite that at APH rate is over $900 a night which is just a whole lot out of my budget. I've been checking daily hoping something would come up at RPR in a double queen room while secretly hoping for a club level room. Well today my constant checking paid off and I was able to book a club level double queen for that night and am SO happy. It will be our last night in Orlando for this trip and really wanted to do something special to celebrate my birthday and also wanted a chance to stay at this resort, so I'm ecstatic that I was able to snag a club level room. Between that and my car rental dropping another $18 today, its been a five star day. Very excited to get to experience UO for the first time on what I am sure will be the first of many trips.

Fabulous news!!!!

I`m so glad you got the resort you wanted.........and not long now till you go.......hope it`s an amazing trip!!

are the queen club level rooms on the same floor as the lounge or are rooms scattered throughout the hotel and you have to take an elevator etc. Thanks! First time going and I'm trying to decide what room type

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!