Royal Pacific or Hard Rock

connorlevismom

DIS Veteran
I am going back and forth between these two hotels:

Royal Pacific - one King and 2 queen standard connecting rooms
Hard Rock - 2 queen garden view connecting rooms
The price difference is $500 between the two.
I have looked at youtube videos of these rooms and I like the location of Hard Rock, but the rooms seem to need updating and I am not in love with the bathrooms. Royal Pacific has really nice updated bathrooms.

I am curious what others would choose. We had a not so pleasant stay at Portifino last December and will not go back there so that one is not an option.

Thanks!

HRH was just meh for me. Garden view 2 queen. Room was boring, didn’t care for the bathroom. My girls opted for RPR for something new in October. Trying Sapphire this summer. The location for HRH can’t be beat. ( the pool is too shallow for us)

We are having the same debate right now, as we are planning our trip in February. We've done HRH twice. Location is the best. Rooms are getting outdated, but still fine. Rooms are slightly larger that RP, so that's a bonus. Price difference for us is looking to be around $300.

How is the walk to the closest park from RP compared to walk from HRH to closet park?

How is the walk to the closest park from RP compared to walk from HRH to closet park?
The walk from RP to IOA is not much longer than the walk from HRH to US.

The difference (IMO) is that the walk from RP is less appealing. It's a long path along the water that runs underneath a bridge. It makes me feel that I'm more removed from the theme parks, kind of like the walk from the Boardwalk to DHS.

I believe the HRH rooms are slightly larger than RP.

I suggest you go with the one whose theming appeals more to you.

If you are not a Hard Rock Cafe fan, then I suggest you save your money and go with the RP.

RP all the way.

I would disagree completely with PP that the walk is less appealing. It`s a beautiful walk and only takes around 7 minutes to IOA from RP. No time at all really. The difference is negligible.

The theme of the HRH is not appealing to me. I find it a cold hotel that doesn`t feel like a resort. But, that`s completely personal. RP is themed nicer and has a much warmer feel to us.

For me, the only good thing about the HRH is The Palm restaurant which is one of our favourites. But, have a look at the theme, food options and general ambience and decide from there which would suit you and your family best.

Pool matter? Hard rock has a slide and RPR doesn’t.

We have stayed twice at RPR and love it. Just a quiet chill vibe. Enjoyed lunch by the pool. We think the walk along the water to parks is lovely.

We are a couple with a teen. If going to volcano bay it was super easy from rpr too. Bus right outside and pops right over.

We love taking the boat back at night as well.

Thank you all so much for your advice and knowledge. The only reason I would stay at Hard Rock is the distance, nothing else about the hotel really calls to me.

For the boat ride to/from Royal Pacific, is it non-stop or does it stop at other resorts as well?

Thank you all so much for your advice and knowledge. The only reason I would stay at Hard Rock is the distance, nothing else about the hotel really calls to me.

For the boat ride to/from Royal Pacific, is it non-stop or does it stop at other resorts as well?

Non stop. All boats just go from resort to Citywalk.

Non stop. We went peak summer pre covid and only once had to wait for a second boat because it filled up. They always have tons - never have to wait long. I’d take boat every time but occasionally give in to my teen who thinks walking is so much faster 😂

RP is themed nicer and has a much warmer feel to us.

Took your advice and booked for when I take my niece in September. I love the big bathrooms at the Portofino, but I shouldnt have to fight her for bathroom time so we should be good. Excited for my first RP stay and hoping I can keep up with an 11 yr old at the Parks

Took your advice and booked for when I take my niece in September. I love the big bathrooms at the Portofino, but I shouldnt have to fight her for bathroom time so we should be good. Excited for my first RP stay and hoping I can keep up with an 11 yr old at the Parks

Oh I`m so glad to hear you got sorted and booked up.

You`ll be fine with the 11 year old....you might end up running rings round her lol....

Wasn't a fan of HRH when we stayed there.
Loved Royal Pacific.

Same. Felt like a much worse experience at Hard Rock in terms of luxury and ambience. The bathrooms at Hard Rock are in dire need of a redo also along with the main lobby areas.

Same. Felt like a much worse experience at Hard Rock in terms of luxury and ambience. The bathrooms at Hard Rock are in dire need of a redo also along with the main lobby areas.
Agree, having stayed at Portofino, Hard Rock and Royal Pacific, Hard Rock was our least favorite. Loved the other 2.
But, thats why they have different resort for different types of guests.

Agree, having stayed at Portofino, Hard Rock and Royal Pacific, Hard Rock was our least favorite. Loved the other 2.
But, thats why they have different resort for different types of guests.

We love all 3 of them, we stay often, currently on the calendar, short 5 night trip to RP in July then 2 weeks at Portofino for HHN, just did another Portofino/Yacht Club/Pop Century split stay we are fresh off of!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter