Roy Disney Suite what to ask for

deanna23

Mouseketeer
We have never stayed in the royal suites before. Can someone tell me what they asked for and got. I know that we can order Palo but does it have to be dinner. We leave in less than 2 months. Thanks for all the help. Deanna

We have never stayed in the royal suites before. Can someone tell me what they asked for and got. I know that we can order Palo but does it have to be dinner. We leave in less than 2 months. Thanks for all the help. Deanna

Yes, if you order from Palo it must be dinner. It would be extremely difficult for them to try to do a brunch order from Palo - way too many items to choose from.

We once stayed in the Walt suite (on the Wonder) and never really asked for much. Our water and soda was replenished every day and "goodies" were delivered every afternoon, so there wasn't really much else we needed. We did order dinner, for all of us, from Palo (because our DS was too young to go to there). Unlike when you actually go to Palo, they brought all of the food at the same time.

Are you sailing Magic/Wonder or Dream Fantasy?

On Dream in the Roy here's what we asked for:

1. Reception Party. They delivered all food and drinks to room and cleaned up for us as we headed out the door to the muster drill. We had about 50 people stop by the meet and greet.

2. Had Palo's delivered once for dinner.

3. I was watching my own daugher and nephew while everyone else went to dinner. My daughter was out like a light. My nephew woke up and wanted his mommy. All of the wave phones in my room were gone. I called concierge and they contacted the wait staff in the dining room to alert my nephew's mom and she came up to get him.

4. We never asked for this, but they did it anyway. Whenever they spotted me coming back to the room with my 4 kids and the other 4 kids traveling with us, they showed up at the door with smoothies and ice cream bars. The kids liked to chill out in the later afternoon in the hot tub and then retire to the bedroom to watch a Disney movie before getting ready for dinner.

5. One night all of my daughter's cousins decided to do fancy dress up for dinner. My daughter had refused to bring a dress with. They let her borrow one of the dresses from one of the clubs.

6. When guests stopped by that were not from concierge I asked for drinks to be delivered rather than going into the lounge to get them. That way I knew they would at least charge for them. If I went into the lounge and just asked for drinks during happy hour, that would have been dishonest IMO.

7. Birthday cake last day of the cruise.

You can ask for almost anything. They will be honest on what they can and can not do for you.

Happy Sailing!

We stayed in the Walt Suite on the Fantasy. We had Palo and they brought it in 3 courses and let us set the time intervals. My daughter remarked that she liked one of the chocolate snacks in the lounge and we had a plate of them in our room every day after that.

The little touches were amazing. They will move heaven and earth for you, but honestly we were just so happy to be there, that we didn't really ask for much. I am envious of your trip. Happy sailing.

Wow, I really want to book it some day. I doubt it will ever happen but I can dream. I am going to see if it is still available during my cruise in Oct. Maybe hubby will let me splurge.

We did order dinner, for all of us, from Palo (because our DS was too young to go to there). Unlike when you actually go to Palo, they brought all of the food at the same time.

How was Palo in your room verses the restaurant?

I specifically want to hear about the Magic and the Wonder. Anyone? We are a family of 4 but will be traveling with 12 other people. 5 are close family and the rest are friends of theirs so I don't expect them to come to the room much. I don't think we will want a full dinner from Palo but I could see us wanting those chocolate soufflés more than once.

I specifically want to hear about the Magic and the Wonder. Anyone? We are a family of 4 but will be traveling with 12 other people. 5 are close family and the rest are friends of theirs so I don't expect them to come to the room much. I don't think we will want a full dinner from Palo but I could see us wanting those chocolate soufflés more than once.

We were in the Roy on the Wonder a few years ago and had Palo delivered every evening to the room. With the ages of our children at the time, it was so convenient. With that being said, my wife has expressed she never needs to eat at Palo's again! We really did not have that many requests on the classic ships. Not really sure what would be reasonable sometimes. If you think your request might be a little excessive, it probably is. And, the concierge will gently inform you as such (i.e., no, you cannot have Mickey come to the cabin to read your kids a bedtime story!)

DWF

How was Palo in your room verses the restaurant?

The food was as good as in the restaurant, but since everything was delivered at the same time, some items were a little cool by the time we ate them. If they are now allowing you to stagger when the different courses are delivered, that would eliminate that problem.

The food was as good as in the restaurant, but since everything was delivered at the same time, some items were a little cool by the time we ate them. If they are now allowing you to stagger when the different courses are delivered, that would eliminate that problem.

I know on the Dream that we were given the option of multiple deliveries or a single visit. It did help to have it staggered.

DWF

We were in the Roy on the Wonder a few years ago and had Palo delivered every evening to the room. With the ages of our children at the time, it was so convenient. With that being said, my wife has expressed she never needs to eat at Palo's again! We really did not have that many requests on the classic ships. Not really sure what would be reasonable sometimes. If you think your request might be a little excessive, it probably is. And, the concierge will gently inform you as such (i.e., no, you cannot have Mickey come to the cabin to read your kids a bedtime story!)

DWF

For the price you guys pay for that suite you should get Mickey to come read a bedtime story! Since he can't talk then you could at least get a character that can, like Capt. Jack and a Princess.

We Will be on the Magic in october. We have never ate at Palo and I was thinking of ordering different dishes for us to try. My kids are not 18 yet so I want them to try the different dishes. Do they have steak on the menu? I know that we will meet with the conceirge when we get on the ship and we can make some request. We are looking forward to the Roy Disney suite. Deanna

Ask for anything you need or want. If possible, they will take care of it for you. If it isn't possible, they'll tell you politely.

Example--if you have a headache and need some ibuprofen, they will happily supply several single dose packets. pwimmer gave a great description of their experience.

The concierge will offer services such as priority tendering, golf cart transportation to the beach (or your cabana) at Castaway cay, etc. if you don't ask about them. If you want a chocolate souffle every night, that can be arranged.

For the price you guys pay for that suite you should get Mickey to come read a bedtime story! Since he can't talk then you could at least get a character that can, like Capt. Jack and a Princess.

Wow, how much of a selling point would it be to have a character come tuck your child in everynight or read a story at a predetermined time. I know they don't do that of course, but that would be awesome!

We Will be on the Magic in october. We have never ate at Palo and I was thinking of ordering different dishes for us to try. My kids are not 18 yet so I want them to try the different dishes. Do they have steak on the menu? I know that we will meet with the conceirge when we get on the ship and we can make some request. We are looking forward to the Roy Disney suite. Deanna

There is a beef tenderloin on the Palo menu. Our DS had that when we ordered from Palo in the Walt suite and said it was good. The only problem we had with dinner from Palo was that DS ate way too much! Thankfully the gift shop was open so I could get him some Tums.

Palo's fillet with gorgonzola sauce is the best steak I've ever had...period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!