Roundup Rodeo BBQ - Who's Planning On Going?

Roundup Rodeo BBQ - Are you going to try an get an ADR?

• Yes - March or April

Votes: 32 10.6%
  • Yes - May

Votes: 55 18.2%
  • Yes - June

Votes: 46 15.2%
  • Yes - July

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Yes - August

Votes: 27 8.9%
  • Yes - September

Votes: 15 5.0%
  • Yes - October

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Yes - November

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Yes - December

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • No - I will not try to get an ADR for this restaurant this year.

Votes: 76 25.2%

• Total voters
The reports of 2 hour meals are pushing me to pass on this meal. More because it’s such a short trip I can justify that much time eating!!
If we were on a time budget, I’d probably not go too. This is the first time in awhile that we’re able to take our time - our past couple trips we’re short, so I definitely understand wanting to make the most of your time.

Thank you for posting your experience.
You’re now the 2nd person that said it’s a two hour meal, which is why I planned it on our EPCOT day, this way we can relax after walking around EPCOT all day and hopefully take advantage of a few rides when everyone is at Fantasmic. Sadly, we won’t see Spaceship Earth at night, I always like getting a few pictures at night, but it is what it is. We’ve never seen Toy Story Land at night, so that will be a fun new experience 🙂👍🏼
Toy Story Land at night is wonderful. It's much cooler, and less crowded. Plus the lighting is really nice.

After dinner, we strolled around and rode Toy Story mania & alien saucers (little to no wait), then ended the night with ROTR (reservation). We decided Toy Story land will be a night time park from now on.

Quick review from our dinner about 2 weeks ago. Our table was one of the big blue round ones right beneath bo peep.

Me, wife, 3 boys, 3/5/11, oldest is picky eater. They all loved it. Chicken was the star of the show, fall off the bone and not dry. I thought all the meats were good. We had all of the sides, no complaints with any of that. Desserts were good, all the boys got a forky cupcake, me and wife had some of the pies, apple and chocolate gelato I believe. No complaints there.

Just fyi for planning, it was a legit 2 hour meal. I kind of liked how nothing was rushed. They would bring out the biscuits and then wait. Then the appetizers/sides started showing up and then another pause. Then all the meats came out and you had plenty of time to try everything and enjoy it. Then later all the desserts came out.

It was just a nice and relaxing meal in a great environment for the kids. Nice break from the park, which is what this area needed badly. We will definitely be back here again. I could see this being a go-to dinner for us for awhile.

Don't really have any complaints. It would be really cute if they added some characters walking around.

If anyone has any specific questions feel free to ask.

View attachment 752839View attachment 752843View attachment 752846View attachment 752847
Can you clarify? I thought you could only order 4 sides per table? Did you really get all of them?

"Reach for the Sides (Select Four for the Table)"

Toy Story Land at night is wonderful. It's much cooler, and less crowded. Plus the lighting is really nice.

After dinner, we strolled around and rode Toy Story mania & alien saucers (little to no wait), then ended the night with ROTR (reservation). We decided Toy Story land will be a night time park from now on.
Thank you for posting this - I’ll show it to my DD19 (she has an account here but rarely comes). We’re both looking forward to being at Toy Story Land at night, but she’s more excited about it than me. She’ll like what you had to say :goodvibes

If we were on a time budget, I’d probably not go too. This is the first time in awhile that we’re able to take our time - our past couple trips we’re short, so I definitely understand wanting to make the most of your time.
Plus all my daughters other requests aren’t exactly quick meals!!

Reactions: slo
Can you clarify? I thought you could only order 4 sides per table? Did you really get all of them?

"Reach for the Sides (Select Four for the Table)"

Haha sorry no we just got 4, had to go back and read the menu, I did not realize there were that many.

Had the slaw, corn, mac & cheese, potato barrels. Plus all 3 salads.

He did pretty good actually. The fact that the courses were so spaced out helped with this. Seemed like every 20 minutes another course was coming out. And they would get excited about trying all the new food.

I mean we did get up once or twice for a potty breaks and kind of wandered around on the way back to the table.
Awesome, thanks for the info!

Reactions: slo
Augh. The 2 hour thing is annoying to me - this isn't a signature restaurant :laughing: My three year old will eat 2 things total on the menu so dragging food out will end up being a miss, especially if he's hangry waiting on the 2 things he'll eat.

We're going Sunday and I'm going to very kindly ask the waitress if food can come out faster so he has something to eat and we aren't wrestling him into his chair that long. I can't imagine they'd have issue with it, as the food is constantly cooking and it'll clear her/his table faster. Here's hoping!

I REALLY appreciate the reviews so I know to even mention it! Otherwise, we'd be annoyed that we were sitting around waiting for food, not realizing it was intentional.

Augh. The 2 hour thing is annoying to me - this isn't a signature restaurant :laughing: My three year old will eat 2 things total on the menu so dragging food out will end up being a miss, especially if he's hangry waiting on the 2 things he'll eat.

We're going Sunday and I'm going to very kindly ask the waitress if food can come out faster so he has something to eat and we aren't wrestling him into his chair that long. I can't imagine they'd have issue with it, as the food is constantly cooking and it'll clear her/his table faster. Here's hoping!

I REALLY appreciate the reviews so I know to even mention it! Otherwise, we'd be annoyed that we were sitting around waiting for food, not realizing it was intentional.
Please report back on how this goes!

Please let us know how it goes! We'll see how it plays out lol, but if my LO is not having it, I'll ask for everything to be brought out at once. He does fine for Character meals because he's patiently waiting for them to get to us, but most regular meals don't go very smoothly. 😂

So we are considering it, and now that it’s been a few weeks anyone have any thoughts? We used to have an awesome BBQ place in my town but they shut down because their other restaurant was even busier (and they were busy!) and couldn’t handle it (this was a few years before the pandemic) and only one place a few towns over that has come close but it’s more a hybrid of many places down south (they are noted for their gumbo and biscuits).

So basically what I’m asking is how is it lol

Quick review from our dinner about 2 weeks ago. Our table was one of the big blue round ones right beneath bo peep.

Me, wife, 3 boys, 3/5/11, oldest is picky eater. They all loved it. Chicken was the star of the show, fall off the bone and not dry. I thought all the meats were good. We had all of the sides, no complaints with any of that. Desserts were good, all the boys got a forky cupcake, me and wife had some of the pies, apple and chocolate gelato I believe. No complaints there.

Just fyi for planning, it was a legit 2 hour meal. I kind of liked how nothing was rushed. They would bring out the biscuits and then wait. Then the appetizers/sides started showing up and then another pause. Then all the meats came out and you had plenty of time to try everything and enjoy it. Then later all the desserts came out.

It was just a nice and relaxing meal in a great environment for the kids. Nice break from the park, which is what this area needed badly. We will definitely be back here again. I could see this being a go-to dinner for us for awhile.

Don't really have any complaints. It would be really cute if they added some characters walking around.

View attachment 752839View attachment 752843View attachment 752846View attachment 752847
Thank you for sharing your experience! Did you try any of the sauces?

Disney loaded a bunch of ADRs last week so I canceled our lunch at Sci-Fi and booked this instead. The backyard cookout vibe just seemed perfect for a Memorial Day lunch. And we both love Toy Story. I actually don't mind the more leisurely pace of the meal and am glad to hear about it, I figure after a hectic morning at HS it will be nice to get off our feet and relax in some AC before heading back to the resort for our afternoon break. They might have to wheel us over to the friendship boat though!

it is definitely looking quite a bit like the last iteration of Big Thunder Ranch BBQ at DL before they closed it for Batuu. That was technically a character meal and had live entertainment for part of it's run, but the food was very similar to this. DW really liked that and has added this to our "must book" list. I think a longer dinner time will be ok for us on time, as we'll be there 6-7 days.

Thank you for sharing your experience! Did you try any of the sauces?
We're not big sauce people because of the acid, but I think I had some of the sweet sauce, with the sausage, and it was fine. But we really didn't need any of the sauces. I just remember the chicken being some of the best we've had, anywhere. Good smoky flavor, tender, not dry, and fell off the bone.

I looked back at the the time stamps on my pictures from when we ate here on 3/24. Our total time was 1.5 hours from start to finish, although we didn't order extras of anything and I could see that taking longer.

My kiddo is usually pretty antsy at sit-down restaurants and we are often asking servers for the check right when the food comes out. He did just fine with the 1.5 hours here though and it didn't feel like it was that long. The pacing of when the dishes came out felt well timed.

Please report back on how this goes!

Please let us know how it goes! We'll see how it plays out lol, but if my LO is not having it, I'll ask for everything to be brought out at once. He does fine for Character meals because he's patiently waiting for them to get to us, but most regular meals don't go very smoothly. 😂

Update! We dined there last night. Few things:

1. They were running SUPER behind. We were called 35 minutes past our reservation time. My three year old was starving and I felt terrible. We waited 5-10 minutes before being approached by a waiter, too.
2. When he came, I said "I know there is a certain pacing to the dishes, but he (three year old) will eat very little of the menu so we'd love to have the main part out as soon as possible." He was hesitant, but said he'd try and get it in quickly. We were ready to order immediately, too, so that we weren't the hold-up.
3. He did, in fact, push it along because the main meal came 4-5 minutes after the salad and bread.
4. Even with the wait at the beginning, we were out in about an hour. Absolutely not rushed, but it was SO MUCH FOOD that there was no way we needed extras of anything. I couldn't even finish my (tiny) dessert! My DH did end up taking my three year old out while we waited on the check.

All in all, pretty successful!

That area is awesome at night; I generally won't ride Slinky Dog Dash during the day anymore, it's so much better in the dark!

The restaurant looks good to me, but I have an 11 year old that doesn't eat most of the things on the menu. It would pretty much be $45 for watermelon and a cupcake. If she was still 9 and $25 I'd go for it anyway. The 10 year old Disney adult pricing for meals has limited our sit down meals to mostly a la carte places. I think our splurges this year will be the Mama Melrose Fantasmic package (at least she eats a ton of pasta) and Garden Grill breakfast. We've never been to Garden Grill so we are excited to try that.

I originally said we would not try because DD isn't a Toy Story fan. However, an opening just magically appeared for our stay so I booked it. She will love the food if not the atmosphere. I'm looking forward to it, but a little bummed it might take forever.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter