RotR preshow? **CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!**

auntyjenn

Dreaming of Disney
Sounds like they aren't showing the first part of the RotR ride currently. Should I watch it on youtube? Where should I stop watching to avoid spoilers?

Thanks!

It sounds hit or miss if you get to see the pre-show. My family went last Friday (4/30) and there was no pre show for us. I had looked at no spoilers ahead of time so did not realize we missed a whole section until we got home. If you want to watch the pre show beforehand to make sure you know what’s going on, stop watching when the doors open and you see storm troopers. We bypassed the pre show room and only walked through the room with the storm troopers; we thought they were just for looks, the pre show would’ve made more sense why they were there. We were able to follow along with what was going on but the pre show would’ve really tied it all together.

It sounds hit or miss if you get to see the pre-show. My family went last Friday (4/30) and there was no pre show for us. I had looked at no spoilers ahead of time so did not realize we missed a whole section until we got home. If you want to watch the pre show beforehand to make sure you know what’s going on, stop watching when the doors open and you see storm troopers. We bypassed the pre show room and only walked through the room with the storm troopers; we thought they were just for looks, the pre show would’ve made more sense why they were there. We were able to follow along with what was going on but the pre show would’ve really tied it all together.

Wow...that is a huge chunk that was left out! I know they don’t want to shut whole the ride down if they can help it, but the pre-show is such an important part of the ride it seems crazy to skip it.

Wow...that is a huge chunk that was left out! I know they don’t want to shut whole the ride down if they can help it, but the pre-show is such an important part of the ride it seems crazy to skip it.
I agree (now that I know about it) but I guess I’d rather have a partial experience rather than no experience at all. It was a short trip and only had 1 day at HS so at least we got something. I suppose it will give us something to look forward to in a year or two when we return.

Also, with no pre show they skipped a section of the line that brings you outside and past a ship. Instead, we went down a back hallway. I remember thinking it was odd to have the line Go through this not very scenic hallway but it was brief and led into the troopers so I didn’t dwell on it.

Also, with no pre show they skipped a section of the line that brings you outside and past a ship. Instead, we went down a back hallway. I remember thinking it was odd to have the line Go through this not very scenic hallway but it was brief and led into the troopers so I didn’t dwell on it.
We were there 2 weeks ago. First day did the entire ride. The second day, after the Rey hologram, the lights flashed and stayed on. We walked out to the transport ships and then through a back hallway to the deck where the transport ship would have taken you. You do lose a lot of the story missing that part.
But, I was happy to be able to do most of the ride instead of it shutting down completely.

I agree (now that I know about it) but I guess I’d rather have a partial experience rather than no experience at all. It was a short trip and only had 1 day at HS so at least we got something. I suppose it will give us something to look forward to in a year or two when we return.
It is better than not getting to ride, but they should let you know. That way if people would rather come back another day they can.

It is better than not getting to ride, but they should let you know. That way if people would rather come back another day they can.
I agree. Or in my case as a first time rider, at least know that I will be missing part of the ride. I wouldn’t have known if it wasn’t for disboards - the ride now makes more sense.

The problem with letting people know ahead of time is that some will complain immediately (they might later anyway, but some people don't even realize they missed anything) or they will want to leave and come back later, hoping that they will get to see the whole thing, which will wreak havoc with the BGs. They would have to implement stricter limits on people arriving late. Otherwise, when word leaks that the pre-show is down, a lot of people don't show up until they hear it's running again and then overwhelm the queue.

I just got off ROTR About an hour ago, full pre-show. I have been on the ride twice in the pre-covid days, the pre-show is the same. The only difference is being told where to stand in each segment for social distancing. PS- The first order CMs are great.

Rode April 22 and 24 got full pre show both times. Only complaint is on the transport ship there are annoying plastic barriers up so it’s hard to enjoy the first order attack if you’re not in a good spot

Jealous of everyone that got a full experience! I may have been better off never having read these forums because then I wouldn’t know I missed something 😆. Now my hope is to get to Disneyland next April and try to experience the whole thing there. Covid restrictions please be gone by then so we can go! 🙏

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter