RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWS
Disney rolls out "Back up Boarding Group" - process for additional boarding groups should they get through all of the BGs created in the morning
Can I assume you can't join a "backup boarding group" if you have a regular boarding group?

Woke up at 3am, Ubered from AKL. Arrived at park for 3:45am. One other guy arrived at same time so we were #1 and 2. Got a little crazy once security opened as they had 3 no bag lines going. Stayed far right, first at tapstyle. App worked immediately upon entering park and got first boarding group of day. Rode Rise, Smugglers Run, and Aerosmith coaster by 7:40am. Now back at the resort.

Can I assume you can't join a "backup boarding group" if you have a regular boarding group?
I would think so--although I have no definitive proof of this--since they haven't been letting anyone ride twice.

Woke up at 3am, Ubered from AKL. Arrived at park for 3:45am. One other guy arrived at same time so we were #1 and 2. Got a little crazy once security opened as they had 3 no bag lines going. Stayed far right, first at tapstyle. App worked immediately upon entering park and got first boarding group of day. Rode Rise, Smugglers Run, and Aerosmith coaster by 7:40am. Now back at the resort.

Can you tell us what time they opened the park this morning?

I was expecting this one to be tested last night with EMH, I guess they didn't want a "Disney lied to me" by first saying RotR wouldn't be included in EMH and then included.
On the HUB I can see them assigning and calling back bg and once the bg are full, instead of saying "full" it says "paused". This system was already in place and ready to go from day one, but good thing they didn't offer it until now that most of the kinks seem to be over (knock on wood)

I took it as a good sign as far as how they are feeling about reliability of the ride they they are rolling this out. I know it hasn't been flawless but overall Disney must be pretty happy with how it has functioned (given how bad it could have gone)

I would assume you cannot hold two open BGs at the same time but perhaps if you have used your first one and then they open the "back up" ones you could then join one - sort of like how you have to use your 3 preselected FP+s and then you can get another FP from what is left

Did you reserved uber way in advance?

How long has the process been with other recent hi-tech rides in terms of cast member/AP previews?
Sure seems like they've hit about the same level of uses as other recent rides, and in essence used regular guests to do the "soft opening".
It does seem the last few days have gone better in terms of reliability, not without issues but much improved. The real mystery is whether the boarding group size has remained consistent.
Need some else to grab a tasty beverage and sit outside the attraction exit and count the number of people leaving in a given time period. I think anything above 1000 an hour is a huge improvement.

So basically the only way you are getting on this ride is if you get up super early before buses run and uber/lyft over. Sounds like you need to arrive no later than 6:30am and even then it's cutting it close.

So basically the only way you are getting on this ride is if you get up super early before buses run and uber/lyft over. Sounds like you need to arrive no later than 6:30am and even then it's cutting it close.

Well, they are running the busses early - just allow enough time to get that first bus, but yeah, need to get there pretty early. Especially if you want an early BG / not risk getting a later BG and then it not getting called due to technical issues. Seems like they don't run out of BGs until about 20-30 mins after park opening

Today someone got in line at 7:20, tapped in at 7:23, and got a BG.

If you want to ride it, and want to have a chance to ride it before mid afternoon, should be there super early. With the Christmas busy season ramping up, I don't see that changing in the short term.
However, with the backup boarding groups, you might be able to swing something in the very late evening.

Well, they are running the busses early - just allow enough time to get that first bus, but yeah, need to get there pretty early. Especially if you want an early BG / not risk getting a later BG and then it not getting called due to technical issues. Seems like they don't run out of BGs until about 20-30 mins after park opening

Oh okay got it. I didn't think the buses would arrive in time. Thanks for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter