RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Characters coming through and passing out popcorn/water again. I think I prefer being taken out of line and given a return pass instead. I’m guessing the room just after this one is the cutoff for which you do. But since we are in the FP merge room I was hoping they’d just take us out. Going on 40 minutes in this room now.

I don't see a way I can get on this next Sunday.

It's the first proper day of our vacation, so nobody will want to get up at 6 to get to the park for 7. Unless we got up, went over, got our BGs, and left for breakfast/to go back to sleep. If we get an early BG we couldn't leave because we'd have to get in line (and because it's the morning we'd likely have to stay in the queue for 40 minutes to wait for the recovery FP). If it's late, we run the risk of being in the evening shutdown, or not getting on at all. So we have the very slim window of getting in before our 1:10 lunch ADR but after the morning evacuation. And there's no way to plan because they change the process every day. The last 72 hours have been useless for anyone going in the next month.

They just opened both preshow doors. Didn’t let us back in but it seems like they are getting ready too. Should be any minute now. They said the doors may open a few more times before we go.

We're visiting in a week, so it's interesting to read the updates and day to day changes (And slightly annoying, but that's a different story).

But based on what I've read here and online, it sounds like either Disney needs to be more firm with when the park is opening/when BGs start, or we just have to keep refreshing our feeds to see when they open up?

So since it looks like you can only get one ride in per day.
What is the recommended row to sit in?

Will be there this Thurs, I'm 5'9 and wife is 5'0.
Thanks for the help.

I have returned from a preview at Riviera Resort (gorgeous resort btw) I guess I should not have spoken? lol.
In all honesty I do apologize if anyone took the phrase the wrong way as I was quoting Kuill from The Mandalorian. SW fan first then Disney :)
My intent is always to help, I feel some people just come to kick Disney's management down over and over again, and while I do agree that communication is lacking and that they shouldn't give times if they are not sticking to them, I also see and know from the other side and why they make some decision.
Of course, everyone's thoughts can be shared here, but continuing to kick a dead horse moves the conversation nowhere. Which is what is the goal
For this particular thread the goal is to report on experiences from each day, from those that are here experiencing the ride
MTFBWY...always

Last edited:

Thanks for the help.
there are only two rows in the vehicle, both have the same view

Thanks for the help.
There generally isn't a choice. I was a single rider, last in my interrogation group, and was given a choice … but I think that's pretty rare (the imperial guard warned me to choose wisely … so immersive). They are 4 individual seats with seatbelts in each row. Agree that view is the same - maybe front row has marginally better view but not by much. I'm also 5'9" with long legs and will say my knees were against front … couldn't have sat that way forever but was not distracting for the ride itself (and not as compacting as Mine Train if that helps as frame of reference). Hope you have a great time!!

Ok, can anyone help/advise as I have no experience with all this boarding thing. So, we are staying in resort and going to DHS on Wednesday. When we arrive - at whatever time (probably for 6am by the sounds of it) what do I need to do to "tap in"? Is this jyst using my cell phone and MDE - what exactly do I need to do? Then, once that is done I assume I go to boarding Groups (when they're open) and just keep refreshing from 7.30 onwards? Just want to make sure I know what I'm doing to give me a better chance of getting on this ride. Thank you in advance x

I’ve asked a few CMs while waiting how they handle evacuations operationally, if there is a certain room that is the cutoff for waiting vs being led out. They basically just said everything is a test and it’s changed from day to day so far. I let them know that I think the BGs have been really nice and that we thought with those it made evacuations much better to handle vs waiting in line.

I have returned from a preview at Riviera Resort (gorgeous resort btw) I guess I should not ha :D ve spoken? lol.
In all honesty I do apologize if anyone took the phrase the wrong was as I was quoting Kuill from The Mandalorian. SW fan first then Disney :)
My intent is always to help, I feel some people just come to kick Disney's management down over and over again, and while I do agree that communication is lacking and that they shouldn't give times if they are not sticking to them, I also see and know from the other side and why they make some decision.
Of course, everyone's thoughts can be shared here, but continuing to kick a dead horse moves the conversation nowhere. Which is what is the goal
For this particular thread the goal is to report on experiences from each day, from those that are here experiencing the ride
MTFBWY...always
No worries yullin3. I appreciate all your info and knowledge you have shared with this thread and others for SW.
It has been helpful and I can only speak for me, but what has been shared from you and other mods will help towards planning our visit first to GE.
After many years of Disney visits I have learned that Disney lacks communication skills at times and sometimes there is a lot of head scratching with their decisions.
I have learned to be flexible which can be hard cause I am a planner spread sheets and all!😉
My biggest challenge in a week will be getting the 19 yr old ds up early!! Btw The Mandalorian is awsome!! Keep doing what you're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter