rose and crown or biergarten?

nursegrl507

Earning My Ears
We will be arriving in Disney later in the afternoon January 19th (we are driving 16hrs). What place would be better in Epoct rose and crown or biergarten?
For anyone that has gone to biergarten before what kind of food do they have throughout the buffet? Thanks for the help

I would choose Rose & Crown over the Biergarden.
Rose & Crown is good food, friendly servers and they have a patio you can stand at to see Illuminations after you eat.
I was disappointed in Biergarden last year. It is a German Buffet and I didn't really enjoy the food. The Chicken Schnitzel was really dry. I was also disappointed in the entertainment. It was much shorter than I expected. I will not hurry back here.

Rose and Crown hands down! The food is good, the servers are wonderful and friendly. The restaurant has a cozy, relaxing pub feel to it. If it's warm enough there is outdoor patio seating that overlooks the lake-really pretty. Plus, I don't know about you, but after a drive that long, I would want to sit back, relax, have a beer flight and some good food.

At Biergarten because it's a big buffet with communal seating, I just don't see it being as relaxing.

we've eaten at the biergarten a few times. the food is good but there is limited dessert selections. way less than other buffets, like 4-5 choices. it is nice b/c they have entertainment, but it's not constant so check their schedule, it is a must see. i hate that they make you sit w/ other people. all tables seat 8. the decor is cool, you feel like you are in a village in Germany. they did a great job with that.

The rose and crown is wonderful. we got a patio seat which is nice to be outside. the inside looked cramped. the service was great and the food was wonderful! we had the surf and turf, oh it was soooooo good!

If i had to choose i would pick rose and crown, just for the surf and turf again, but it's only at dinner time.

My family LOVES Germany's Biergarten & DH is German!

Dinner is better than lunch b/c they serve Rouladen. We have never had a bad meal there, everything is so good & we always meet & share our meal with interesting people! Last year our vacation was @ Universal, but we did the Give-a-Day Get-a-Day so we went to Epcot & ate there again.

Can't comment on Rose & Crown, we have no desire to eat there. After all the English aren't really know for their cooking! We do stop to listen the "The Beatles" & have a beer there though........................ ;)

Easy choice ... Biergarten. Plenty of options to choose from which were all pretty tasty. I was not impressed w Rose and Crown at all. Very limited menu and some people in our party did not like the menu and didn't order anything. The English are not really known for their food as we all know. The place is nice to grab a drink in but i won't ever eat there again.

I do enjoy both places, but, I much prefer Biergarten over R&C. I just think the food selection is good and it is a fun atmosphere. Plus, where we live we don't have a restaurant that serves a German Food menu, so that is a plus for us, since we can't get that kind of food and entertainment at home.

Rose and Crown. The Biergarten was good, but my kids really didn't get into their menu offerings

I've been to both.

Atmosphere: I prefer Biergarten's atmosphere if you have little kids - the music is just fun! The entertainment is better at Biergarten than Rose and Crown. I also like the theming better at Biergarten. It really is beautifully done. However, I really enjoyed eating dinner on Rose and Crown's patio, so on a nice night (and with a more adult crowd) Rose and Crown is a great (and quieter) option.

Food: It's better at Rose and Crown. They had a prix Fixe last year and I had a potato soup (yummy!), Cottage Pie (yummy!) and sticky Toffee pudding (yummy!). The only negative about the food is that the portion was on the small side for the Cottage Pie. Biergarten's food is good, not great. I hear the delicious potato leek soup is no longer on the menu. But it's a buffet. You'll find something you like. It has lots of variety. And you won't leave hungry!

Service: We had good service at both.

Other considerations: Good beer at Rose and Crown, but you can get a giant stein at Biergarten. At Rose and Crown, you get your own table (though tables are VERY close together) but at Biergarten they have communal seating (some people think you need to become best friends with the other people at your table, whereas others treat it like any other restaurant).

I'd say that you can't go wrong either way. What do you prefer? A quieter pub like atmosphere or an Oktoberfest party in a beautifully themed restaurant.

sure the responses helped much. I prefer Biergarten. I like both but I have a hankering for German food very often. A new place just opened up a couple of miles from my house. Maybe that will help.

We went to both on our last trip, and you can see pics/reviews of both in my dining review linked from my signature.

My vote would be for R&C. Biergarten does have more entertainment for kids, but the food was definitely better at R&C! In fact, we enjoyed it so much that we're going back on our next trip.

I've been to both more than 10 times, and I believe the correct answer is Biergarten AND Rose & Crown. But I love to start my trip at the Biergarten.
Some one mentioned there were only a few desserts there. Well, I probably had eaten there 10 times before I ever had room enough to eat dessert. But there are several and they are all good.

R & C would be my chioice of the 2, we have gone there probably 4-5 times, last October we decided to try the Biergarten and that will probably be our last, they have a much better selection of German meat in Pennsylvania and I can get cold cuts anytime for lunch but on vacation no would rather a hot meal. Though the R & C would be my choice over the Biergarden I would choose Le Cellier, San Angle, Chefs de France or Teppen Edo over R & C for food but is a good place if you get there about 7:30 and go to the patio about dessert time to view Illuminations.
By the way all my ancestry is German and I love good hot sourer kraut and pork or even through in a few hot dogs.

I am departing WDW on Jan. 18th but checked Weather.com for your forcast on the 19th. It doesn't look especially promising..high of 69 with 60% chance of rain. Of course, in Florida, that means rain some time during the day - not necessarily ALL day long.

If you are lucky and it isn't raining when you are in Epcot, I would recommend the Rose and Crown with a table on the patio. (you can't reserve this, but you can request it when you check in for your reservation) If this is of interest, try to make a reservation ASAP. The later, the better, as you are assured a front row seat for Illuminations. These late seatings are hard to find.

You didn't say the ages of your party, but my kids are 10 and 11, and love the "make your own sundae" for dessert. The food is good, the wine and beer are excellent - and the patio is the place to be. If raining, the you might enjoy the inside amusement and buffet of the Biergarten.

Edited to add that my 10 year old eats like a baby rabbit and the price of his adult buffet is something I avoid, which lends itself to my choice.

Good luck and have a great time!

We've been to both restaurants and given the choice would select Biergarten. The buffet offers many options that are interesting and tasteful. Rose and Crown was probably the worst dinner that we've had on the property. The Sunday roast was drand bland and the vegetables were cooked beyond recognition. Our server was a sweet young lady who was given too many tables to care for. The best part of our dinner was our Boddington ales. the Rose and Crown is on our very short list of restaurants that we won't return to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter