Rope dropping Remy during EE from International Gateway at Epcot

Burgermom

Mouseketeer
Has anyone tried rope dropping Remy from the IG during Early Entry at Epcot lately? Is it really chaotic? What is the wait like right at RD? Does anyone have any tips on how best to use DAS and rope drop at Epcot?

Last edited:
Has anyone tried rope dropping Remy from the IG during Early Entry at Epcot lately? Is it really chaotic? What is the wait like right at RD? Does anyone have any tips on how best to use DAS and rope drop at Epcot?
We just got back last week and enter Epcot through the IG. We never rope dropped, but the wait time was never more than an hour. We always went into Epcot for dinner pulled up a DAS then went after we ate. We were on and off in 10 minutes.

We just returned a week ago,no rope drop was unsuccessful for Remi, but we did ride on extra magic hours, we had about a 10 minute wait at 10:30pm

I did it about 5 1/2 months ago. Early entry was scheduled for 9:30, but I "scooted" over around 9:10, and only waited a few minutes for the IG to open. Things were fairly busy, but certainly not chaotic. I don't remember exact timing, but I'd say it was about 10 minutes before I was on the ride. I do remember that after I rode, I went to "Soarin" and rode that also before regular opening at 10:00.

Can you take your scooter through the line or do you transfer to a wheelchair?
You can take your scooter through the line-I did. However, if you're a first time scooter user who's not at all sure-there's a lot of turns-then you might want to either walk or transfer to a wheelchair (although I don't even remember seeing one).

You can take your scooter through the line-I did. However, if you're a first time scooter user who's not at all sure-there's a lot of turns-then you might want to either walk or transfer to a wheelchair (although I don't even remember seeing one).
Thanks. My mom has used them before and can walk, but only a very short distance. Do they have you park the scooter somewhere closer to where you enter/exit the ride?

Thanks. My mom has used them before and can walk, but only a very short distance. Do they have you park the scooter somewhere closer to where you enter/exit the ride?
There's a separate boarding area where they pull off one of the ride vehicles to allow plenty of time for boarding. Scooter and wheelchair parking is close to this separate boarding area.

You won't have an issue with rope drop or DAS for Remy, assuming it is working. It can handle huge capacity and at rope drop (and extra late hours) the paid lanes aren't in the discussion, so it moves crazy fast.

It was down both of my Epcot days, including the late after hours, so we didn't get to go on it at all. I would be watching the previous night if it is down, and maybe considering my rope drop plan if it is down.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter