Rope dropping Figment

During the year of a million dreams (which I think was like 13 years ago-ish) I went to splash mountain at rope drop while my wife and son went to Alladin.......I get a call on cell phone from wife to tell me to run to Alladin ASAP...they gave away "dream fast passes" to all guests that went on Alladin first thing in the morning. We got to fast pass all the available fast pass rides rides the rest of the day at MK because of that. Going on that "less popular" rope drop attraction worked out well for us that year!!!

We like to hit Storybook Circus at rope drop. DS has a deep love for Barnstormer for some reason and likes to get in a handful of rides with no wait early in the day since the queue is blazing hot once the sun gets high.

Least popular RD at MK? I have to think Carousel of Progress. Maybe Tom Sawyer Island?
Tom Sawyer Island doesn't open until 11AM so that would not be a RD option

We RD Dumbo. It may sound "weird" to others but as someone stated, it's our tradition to make it our first ride. We not the line won't be long nor will people rush to it but that's a plus in my book.
Not weird at all. In fact, back before New Fantasyland was built, Dumbo was the rope drop destination for many guests, especially those with little kids. Folks used to call it the "Dumbo Dash." There was even a maneuver called the "Chuck Bubba Relay" that families would use to help their kids get multiple rides. (Check it out here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-chuck-bubba-relay.2061439/ )

Believe it or not, I walked through the Peter Pan line half an hour after opening.
A lot of the park is empty at rope drop.
I think people mover would be probably the least popular one.
Laugh floor seems super fun. I'm gonna try to do it during my next trip. Do it, and let us know how it is :)

I know it sounds crazy but we usually rope drop Mad Tea Party or IASW on our first MK day. We’re usually the only people headed to either one of those things first :) It’s a tradition for us to have one of those two be our first ride of the trip and we rarely stray from it. We do it because we want to ride them to kick off the trip, not because of any type of advantage.

Sometimes there are a few other people headed to MTP hoping to get a ride with Alice.

Last visit, we broke tradition because my daughter was dressed as Tiana and meeting her was a priority (preferably before my daughter had a chance to mess up her hair/costume :)), so we went to meet Tiana and Rapunzel first. There was one person in front of us and no one behind us.

I’d say the very least popular things to rope drop at MK would probably be Laugh Floor, Country Bears, COP.

If you want to rope drop Figment, go for it! :)

You can’t rope drop Country Bear cause it didn’t open till 11:00

I'm guessing Figment wasn't open yet.

No, it was open and running. The crowds were really heavy. 30 minute FP waits, for example. When we showed up at 8:35am for RD, the lines at the tapstiles were all the way back to the ticket booths at the back of the plaza. It even took 30 minutes to get up to the counter in Epcot guest services. That was the only time I've ever seen the CMs set up queue ropes at guest services!

All the good ones have already been said :(. I'm going to reluctantly go with Aladdin's Magic Carpets. pooey :headache:

I would guess Aladdin or Peoplemover or Philharmagic.

Last fall at AK, we lined up to go to Expedition Everest but were told while waiting for RD it wasn’t going to open so we headed to Primeval Whirl instead and rode it three times. No one was waiting or riding when we finally got off. Triceratops Spin, though, had a few people with littles riding.

LOL! When my DS was younger, we rope dropped Barnstormer. He loved that ride and he was really serious about getting to that rope and hightailing it over to the ride. We were literally the only people in Storybook Circus and the CM's at Barnstormer were so thrilled by his enthusiasm they let him ride twice without getting off.

Whatever makes you happy.
Personally, going on Figment now is just depresses me as I still remember how good the original was and they ruined it.
If they had the original Figment back then we would rope drop. Figment is always there in memories from Epcot of long ago.

Check operating times. Some rides don't open at rd.

Good point.

On our first trip to WDW, I had the bright idea to send the baby and his mother and grandmother to the Riverboat, while the rest of us would ride Big Thunder and Splash. Didn't work out as planned, since Riverboat didn't start running until 11am.

Have also noticed that Monsters Inc Laugh Floor often does not open until 10am.

We RDed Magic Carpets this past trip. It just made the most sense to start there for us.

We roped dropped Journey Into Imagination on our October trip (my wife loves Figment). We were the first people to get to the ride but the CM's said it was not open. As we were walking about 100 feet away they yelled that it was open now...just letting you know that if they play the "oh it's not open" game first thing, just hang around for a couple minutes.

We went to the Tiki Room before 9:30 in the morning in 2016 and they had to actually turn the attraction on for us. We were the only ones in the theater, it was awesome. One of my favorite WDW memories.

I love the Tiki Birds, and have regularly made the family go with me to see it first thing. It is a little different to be in that theater when it’s empty. I really like the idea of going to Laugh Floor early. I once was the “will buy churros for everyone” person, end it was amazing how many people recognized me for the rest of the day and asked me for a churro!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!