Rope dropping Epcot with no FP

snowwhite84

DIS Veteran
Hi all! My sister and I are doing a little two night girls trip May 17-19. On Saturday May 18 we plan to rope drop Epcot then head to MK mid day, where we have our fastpasses set up.

If we want to try and hit TT, Soarin and FEA, what order do you suggest we do those? We are willing to do single rider on TT. Right now my plan is Soarin, FEA, then TT single rider. Is this instinct correct? TIA!

If we want to try and hit TT, Soarin and FEA, what order do you suggest we do those? We are willing to do single rider on TT. Right now my plan is Soarin, FEA, then TT single rider. Is this instinct correct? TIA!
I would probably hit Frozen, TT and then Soarin. It really is a toss up between FEA and TT which to do first, but for traveling frozen will have you in the "back" of the park and then you can move your way forward to your other rides.

I feel that the wait times for Soarin don't get as bad as TT or FEA. Don't forget to do the Land ride too after Soarin -- certainly not an exciting ride but always interesting and relaxing especially if you had been running around all morning.

I would probably hit Frozen, TT and then Soarin. It really is a toss up between FEA and TT which to do first, but for traveling frozen will have you in the "back" of the park and then you can move your way forward to your other rides.

I feel that the wait times for Soarin don't get as bad as TT or FEA. Don't forget to do the Land ride too after Soarin -- certainly not an exciting ride but always interesting and relaxing especially if you had been running around all morning.

I'd second this strategy. FEA will have the highest wait times from the start so begin there. Then hit TT single rider if the wait is already long. I do also think you could get into the Int'l Gateway and to the Norway pavilion at 9. (I could be wrong so definitely research that if you think this would work). Since Soarin' added the 3rd track those waits are not as bad as they used to be, but still will likely have some wait nonetheless.

I would do TT, FEA then Soarin'. No reason to do single rider. Hit TT right away and you can ride together. FEA isn't that far away and the line will still be short. Then hustle over to Soarin'. By then you may hit a 20-30 minute line, but it's not awful.

As a side note, outside of 7DMT, no real reason to "save" FP+ for MK. Most everything there can be had same day with little difficulty.

We do this with most trips. We find that doing Frozen, Soarin', then TT single rider works best for us. We can usually get one or two Frozen rides with little to no wait, then one to two rides on Soarin' with a pretty short wait (< 10/15 minutes), and by that time TT single rider is still usually under 10 minutes for us.

Another vote for FEA, TT then soarin' since you're willing to do single rider. It worked well for me last time I was at epcot, though I did end up starting from international gateway instead of the main entrance because my half asleep self got on the HS bus instead of epcot and had to walk over.....ooops! Doing single rider at TT saves SO much time and I don't particularly care about the design phase so I'm glad to skip it in favor of getting on the ride quicker.

Remember TT has single rider...so no worries there. and only being two of you probably wont even be in different cars. Never need FP for TT. Soarin and SSE along with the Land, is our favorite Epcot Center attraction. We like frozen...also.

Thanks for the tips! We have FP for Mine Train and that’s our bigger priority, so that’s why we kept those there. We are passholders and visit several times a year, so won’t be too disappointed if we miss something. Just thought it would be fun to squeeze in as many headliners as possible our quick trip.

So I think I will keep our plan for riding TT single rider. Seems like folk are split in wether to do Soarin or FEA first. Suppose we can always make a game time decision. Thanks for all the input!

Single rider for TT was gold for us last trip, since that`s one of g.f.`s favorite rides. One time (I think it was late aft or early evening) we breezed in four times in a row!

Soarin` usually had reasonable wait times, if you go in the morning or early evening.

Single rider for TT was gold for us last trip, since that`s one of g.f.`s favorite rides. One time (I think it was late aft or early evening) we breezed in four times in a row!

Soarin` usually had reasonable wait times, if you go in the morning or early evening.
Our family did Matterhorn at DL and Space many times using single rider. Maybe separated half the time. But only by one train. So that’s a non issue. Waiting 10 min is better than 60. Lol

Our family did Matterhorn at DL and Space many times using single rider. Maybe separated half the time. But only by one train. So that’s a non issue. Waiting 10 min is better than 60. Lol

Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom also has an excellent single rider line. Sometimes Disney will post some sign, like "40 min. wait time from this point" to discourage people from getting in that line on a crowded day. Those signs were bogus; I waited maybe 15-20 min. when that sign was up.

I have read even the single rider line gets long on TT. We are thinking about doing single rider line also.
Has anyone had a long wait on the single rider line? Maybe mornings and late night are the best times?

Hi all! My sister and I are doing a little two night girls trip May 17-19. On Saturday May 18 we plan to rope drop Epcot then head to MK mid day, where we have our fastpasses set up.

Just remember that TT has the tendency to go down more than other rides at EPCOT. It seems that early mornings is the time where it doesn't open right on time or goes down. At least with FP if it goes down you get an anytime FP. If you are standby they you are basically out of luck. However, do what works for you and perhaps try to hit TT last as you circle around from Soarin. Have fun no matter what!

Another vote for FEA, then TT, depending on the line may need to use the single rider line. Then Soarin'. The line could be 30 minutes, but with 3 screens now, the line is often much shorter then it used to be.

I would do TT first. Personally I like the queue better for FEA so I don't mind standing in it. Also we were there a few weeks ago and TT had the longest line by far.

Also at MK we could not find same day FPs for BTMR or SM. We did get most everything else (except SDMT) but it took lots of refreshing.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips! We have FP for Mine Train and that’s our bigger priority, so that’s why we kept those there. We are passholders and visit several times a year, so won’t be too disappointed if we miss something. Just thought it would be fun to squeeze in as many headliners as possible our quick trip.

So I think I will keep our plan for riding TT single rider. Seems like folk are split in wether to do Soarin or FEA first. Suppose we can always make a game time decision. Thanks for all the input!
FEA first is the way to go for sure.

I would do TT first. Personally I like the queue better for FEA so I don't mind standing in it. Also we were there a few weeks ago and TT had the longest line by far.

Also at MK we could not find same day FPs for BTMR or SM. We did get most everything else (except SDMT) but it took lots of refreshing.

SM...Space or Splash?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!