• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room Service?

quirty30

DIS Veteran
Anyone use dining credits for room service? Pros or cons? I am thinking it might be good way to use some Deluxe plan credits for breakfasts as we are not morning people and we just are so slow to get started each day. We are contemplating the Deluxe plan for our 3 night/4 day stay in September - staying at the Contemporary. In reviewing the menus, it does appear to kind of a waste of 2 credits given the pricing but it sure would be convenient. Especially since we are not big breakfast eaters and could likely share 2 entrees for 4 people (thus only using 2 of our 4 alloted credits for the meal.)

I've been watching the forums for quite some time and see very little discussion of room service in general. So any comments would be very much appreciated.

Room service requires 2 adult credits per meal ordered so if you order two meals you are looking at 4 credits gone. Considering the prices I would say its definitely not worth it. I would suggest paying out of pocket for room service breakfast or grabbing a cinnamon roll on your way into which ever park you are hitting that day. You could use your breakfast credit for that day towards a signature dinner. Just my suggestion.

We ordered room service twice during our deluxe dining trip. It was so nice to have the food brought to our room so we could eat on our patio and watch the kids play on the beach!

It would absolutely be a waste of credits on the basic DDP, but on the deluxe plan we thought it was a nice way to use up a couple credits since we had plenty, and two meals were enough for 4 of us so we used the same number of credits that we would have if we'd grabbed CS instead. Also, the gratuity and delivery charge are included on the dining plan, so it was a meal we didn't have to tip for as well.

Note that in general, room service is only available at deluxe resorts (including DVC units). Moderate and value resorts have pizza delivery, but not full-fledged room service (I think there's one moderate with room service... can't remember if it's CBR or CSR).

I think it sounds like a decent idea -- on deluxe -- if you have the extra credits, especially if you're just splitting meals. I wouldn't consider doing it often, but one or two room service meals over a week or longer might work out fine.

Is it a "best value" choice? No. But on deluxe, as long as you're not really being wasteful, "value" shouldn't enter into decision making much at all anyway.

We are staying at the Contemporary, so it's definitely an option. At first I was thinking it was kind of a bad value for the dining credits, but after reading your reponses and considering that meals can be shared AND tips are included, I think it will work quite nicely for us. Thanks for all your replies.

We ordered room service a few times this trip (we were on DxDP) and found it to be well worth it. Once was because the kids get a kick out of ordering room service, another time just because we were tired and didn't feel like going back out to sit in a restaurant. We ate in our PJs. The final time was when DD11 wasn't feeling well so she and DH stayed in the room while DD13 and I went to the parks and they ordered lunch. The convenience was well worth it. Face it, room service is always convenience over value, but so is the deluxe plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter