Room request via Chat?

Can you make a room request via chat?
Or do you have to call that in?

I wouldn't trust the chat. Whenever I make a room request, I always call about 4-5 days out, give them my confirmation number and ask them to read back to me any room requests. Every time I have called in my request they have correctly read it back to me. Out of curiosity I used chat, on 3 separate trips, to enter room requests and each time I called to have them read back my room requests they said there were none.

I wouldn't trust the chat. Whenever I make a room request, I always call about 4-5 days out, give them my confirmation number and ask them to read back to me any room requests. Every time I have called in my request they have correctly read it back to me. Out of curiosity I used chat, on 3 separate trips, to enter room requests and each time I called to have them read back my room requests they said there were none.
Thank you!! I will call . 😁

I'm not sure what exactly Chat is able to help with, but I've never had luck with them for any of my questions.

I’ve done it through chat four times. Once I got an email notification of my stay showing the request. The other times no email but when I checked in at front desk, they could see the request and could tell me if it had been met while I waited for the room to be ready. Most recently I got room notification so early that I didn’t need to visit the front desk at all. (And yes the request was met.)

The only good thing using chat is you generally get to a real person faster then waiting on the phone. However, with most places where I have used chat, you still get skill levels/interest/knowledge to be ALL over the map. Some are very helpful, while others just fling out any wild guess they have on whatever question you are asking since they don't want to be bothered looking up anything.

For a Disney room request if you can't get your choice using those drop down boxes online, I would always call Disney instead.

I did our room request (just a full balcony at Beach Club) when I did our online check-in. I received our final itinerary and it was on there. I've tried chat before and while they said it was noted, when I would call, no one would actually see the request.

I also used Touring Plans and mimicked the exact request. We'll see what happens!

We've had success using Chat, and use it to make our requests most reservations. The overall issue with room requests is they're just that - a request. On a couple occasions, I've followed up on a 'chat' request (as we got closer to the actual dates) by calling to verify, and both times MS confirmed that our requests were entered with the reservation. At that point, it's pretty much all we could do to get a room type or location we wanted. In recent years, when doing online check-in, the request options available through the drop boxes are basically useless for us.....

In recent years, when doing online check-in, the request options available through the drop boxes are basically useless for us.....

And the thing people don't know is that those requests during online check-in will OVERRIDE any other request you have on there. So unless the options exactly match your requests, don't touch that area or the rest of your requests will disappear.

The overall issue with room requests is they're just that - a request.

BINGO! No matter how you make them, they are just requests. Disney cannot just randomly and instantly create more rooms, so if one meeting your requests is not available, there's not much they can do about it.

That is the main reason why it is important if you have more than one to prioritize them so the assigner knows what it most important. For example, when I was staying at Sports a few years ago, my request (through Touring Plans) read something like "First priority: Surfs Up section. Second priority: Third Floor. Third priority: Corner Room." (along with the general facing information that the Touring Plans form pre-populates when you select a room - LEAVE THAT LINE ALONE as it is in Room Assigner speak). That way the assigner knew to first see if there were any rooms in Surfs Up, then if there were any on the Third Floor, etc. I got one room away from a corner. Had there been nothing in Surfs Up for whatever reason, the assigner would have known to look for Third Floor rooms in the other preferred section. If I'd just said "A corner room on the third floor of Surfs Up" the assigner would have no way of knowing what was most important and could have given me a football section corner room on the first floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter