Room recommendation for HGVC at Seaworld

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
HI Looking to book a 2 bedroom at HGVC this August-would like to be able to walk to Seaworld, and be closer to "main area" for convenience. We stayed there quite a few years ago, and overlooked the parking lot, which really wasn't too great-any thoughts on what buildings would be a good option?
thanks!

Buildings 2 & 3 are the closest to the main pools/lobby. I tried to get that area when we were there last week, but I wasn't even given the room type we booked nor was I given any of my other room requests. I hope you have better luck than we did.

Oh boy, thank you though, we stayed there quite a few years ago and over looked the parking lot, which I wasn't too pleased with, hopefully we'll have better luck this time around, How did you enjoy your stay?

We enjoyed our suite - beds were comfortable, everything worked well. We were less than pleased with the service, unfortunately. I called to request a room location & was told that the room type we booked was only in certain areas. When I told them that I booked a lockout, not a standard 2 bedroom, they said they couldn't honor that room type. So, I asked for a room closest to the main buildings, and they said that would be building 4. When we arrived, they gave us a room in Building 7. The parking was always over booked, so many people parked illegally every night & finding parking was a challenge when we'd come back late at night.

But, what really peeved me was I called to ask what amenities I could order for my daughter's 18th birthday. I was told that the hotel would be happy to send up balloons & chocolate on her birthday. They asked what day it was, and I told them. The day came & went, and no delivery. The same evening, I got a text asking how things were. I asked about the birthday delivery. They said they were really stretched thin and hadn't been able to send one up. Well, if I had known they wouldn't be able to do what they offered, I would have made other arrangements. But, they didn't even offer to do it another day (we still had 4 more nights in our stay).

There are many, many wonderful places in Orlando to stay. Hotels that treat guests like their requests and celebrations are unimportant, are not resorts that I have a huge need to return to.

thanks for the review of your stay, sorry to hear about the mishaps! I'm not saying Disney is perfect by any stretch, but we decided to stay off sight at the Hilton a few days prior to Disney, always makes me a little nervous, I feel you can't beat Disney's service, not perfect of course, but I always feel it's pretty spot on. You are so right about all of the choices Orlando has, maybe I'll rethink a bit, thanks again, appreciate you taking the time to answer me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter