Room charge dispute-what do you think? Update on page 5

Update: I sent one final email to Guest Services main email address and explained that I was glad the $20 was being refunded (but I hadn't received yet) and that my concern was about more than the $20. I was concerned that they had cashed the $20 out in the first place and that they were dismissive about it and did not put me into contact with a manager/leadership when asked. I received a call and the person I spoke with said all the things that I expected them to say in the first place. He said that they are confident the money was miscounted by me and the CM (not sure how but doesn't matter) and they should have covered the $20 and that it was supposed to be covered by an internal account but it was accidentally charged to me rather than to them. He also said it was not appropriate for the concern to be dismissed when I raised it or for me not to be put into contact with leadership when asked. He said he would be increasing the refund from $20 to $50 for my trouble. So, faith restored in Disney.

Update: I sent one final email to Guest Services main email address and explained that I was glad the $20 was being refunded (but I hadn't received yet) and that my concern was about more than the $20. I was concerned that they had cashed the $20 out in the first place and that they were dismissive about it and did not put me into contact with a manager/leadership when asked. I received a call and the person I spoke with said all the things that I expected them to say in the first place. He said that they are confident the money was miscounted by me and the CM (not sure how but doesn't matter) and they should have covered the $20 and that it was supposed to be covered by an internal account but it was accidentally charged to me rather than to them. He also said it was not appropriate for the concern to be dismissed when I raised it or for me not to be put into contact with leadership when asked. He said he would be increasing the refund from $20 to $50 for my trouble. So, faith restored in Disney.
Good job on following through with everything. One of my pet peeves are of people who complain about something on forums or just talking etc. and when you asked them if they contacted the company, they say no. I then tell them, that they have nothing to complain about.

That sounds about right insofar that they should have charged it to an internal account in this case. Yay for you getting a much better resolution and reaction from Disney :)

I'm glad you got an actual resolution. Holy man that is such bad business on Disney's part!

I feel like they saw that you paid in cash and took advantage of the fact that you may not still have your receipt reflecting the total payment. I had the same situation happen to me with a local gym membership where my card expired and I went in to pay any overdue balance in cash and to close out my account so they would not be able to have another cc on file. I kept my receipt in a safe spot. Six months later I almost went to throw it out and decided to keep it for at least a year. Low and behold, the very next day I received ANOTHER bill in the mail from them claiming I had never paid. I went in there with my receipt and demanded to speak to a manager. It shocks me that Disney would even try to do that, especially over $20!

Glad things worked out correctly. Sounds like you finally got in contact with someone who cared. While most Disney CM are wonderful to deal with, they have a few that are not as helpful (as you found out).
Hopefully, your experience results in some retraining of some staff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter