Rookie hotel/AP question

Talikins

Earning My Ears
Considering a trip for 2 or 3 park-to-park days sometime between March 11-20 2022. Flexible on dates right now. 4 adults, 1 child; would like to stay in w Loews property that includes express passes. We won't be able to visit more than once within the year.

Do I have this right:
  • If I am able to secure an AP rate during those times we only need an AP for me (the person booking the hotel) - assuming that the AP prices are more expensive than another combo of tickets/deal
  • I would need a preferred pass since these dates are likely blackout dates for seasonal/power
  • I don't need the AP when booking; but will need to have it before checkout when at the hotel
Do the experts here think it makes sense for me to try this AP route or will the savings not be enough to worry about. Any/all advice appreciated. Thank you! :)

Considering a trip for 2 or 3 park-to-park days sometime between March 11-20 2022. Flexible on dates right now. 4 adults, 1 child; would like to stay in w Loews property that includes express passes. We won't be able to visit more than once within the year.

Do I have this right:
  • If I am able to secure an AP rate during those times we only need an AP for me (the person booking the hotel) - assuming that the AP prices are more expensive than another combo of tickets/deal
  • I would need a preferred pass since these dates are likely blackout dates for seasonal/power
  • I don't need the AP when booking; but will need to have it before checkout when at the hotel
Do the experts here think it makes sense for me to try this AP route or will the savings not be enough to worry about. Any/all advice appreciated. Thank you! :)

Sounds good to me. How many nights do you plan to stay on property?

sorry for posting on an older post, but I'm looking for clarification. If an have an AP, and stay at a resort that includes Express Pass (Hard Rock, Royal Pacific), and I able to purchase additional tickets with my AP discount and get the resort express pass? Will my AP have express pass during my resort stay?

The Express Pass is the same as your resort room key, so your ticket type is irrelevant. Only people actually on the resort reservation will get Express Pass.

You get Express Pass from day of check in thru day of check out for all folks on the resort room reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter