• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Romantic place to stay?

montessori

<font color=green>I just pack it all and then brin
Hi everyone! I will TRY to keep this brief. I'm trying to decide where to stay for Christmas week. Last year I was VERY lucky to get a fantastic deal at The Boardwalk through a DVC member, not so lucky this year. I have reservations at Disney's French Quarter but that's just in case I don't come up with something better.
It's just me and my husband and we like to be on site or very close to DW. We seem to spend most of our time at The Boardwalk. I would like to have a villa with a kitchen etc... Looking for someplace with a nice restaurant and lounge, someplace really nice and not too kid oriented. Some of the nicer places I've read about on here seem to be in Orlando and I'm not sure we want to have to drive that much.
We have stayed at almost every Disney Resort and really do love the convenience.
Star Island looks interesting, as do many of the places I've looked at on my search, I just can't think of them right now! Vistana Villages?
Any ideas ????
Thanks!
Mary Ann in beautiful South Florida

Nice Hotel, Elegent, Nice pools Bars, steak several diffent restaurants, Very Cool, close to disney. Ahhh I miss it!, Actually Ive gotten it pricelin.com eneter 4 * disney area start at $50 night.

Thanks for responding, GrumpyEd! We just might stay at the Marriott!

:sunny: Mary Ann :sunny:

If you can do without the kitchen try the brand new gaylord palms...it is amazingly beautiful...very romantic...the inside looks like you are outside..there is a boat and water on the inside. Two great pools that we saw..could be more... many very nice restaurants.

Just minutes from disney...I don't think you can get much closer.

thanks Webray!
We have driven by The Gaylord many times as it was being built. Of course it was going to be "Opryland" then. I have checked out the website and I think it is a beautiful resort.
My dilemma is deciding between having a hotel room (for a week) or having a place with more space. I am going nuts!
I appreciate the input,

Mary Ann :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Have you heard about the nice Perrihouse B&B.

I have seen pictures of the house and grounds and it looks so romantic and charming. Not to pricy either. About 2 miles from dt disney.

www.perrihouse.com

Herc.

thanks for the website to such a unique place!
Makes one wonder what other places there are that we never see mentioned on these boards.
I will certainly keep this place in mind, it looks wonderful! Talk about an escape from the madness (I mean that in a GOOD way) of DW, this place looks like it is a world away!
Thanks again,

Mary Ann
:sunny: :sunny:

I can't help you any, but I have been looking at all these suggestions and every place looks great! Let us know what you decide! I don't know if I could make up my mind or not!:p

MaryAnn,

another thought is to split your stay between hotels.

I think this B and B is probably beautifully decorated at xmas.

Herc.

I read about the Perri House in the official WDW guide without kids and they highly recommended this place as a great off site.

My vote goes to Dixie Landings, our first time there watching the sun come up over the dock was very romantic. Oh well then reality in the form of children came along!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter