Romantic Night out with DW recommendations

boettj

DIS Veteran
Hi all

I am looking for recommendations for a romantic night out with my DW. We are planning on using one of the day care rooms for DC's.

Cost is not an issue.

I highly reccomend dinner at the California Grill. I did this recently with my DW and we actually wound up holding hands! ;) When it's time for the fireworks go to the outside walkway located near the bathrooms. It was less crowded than the other one with the same views. pixiedust:

Another big hit in the romantic department for me was a wishes cruise. Rent one of the boats that has the music piped in and bring a nice bottle of wine. :love:

In early October my DW and I did Victoria and Alberts. It was a great night out without the kids. Well worth it.

HBC

An evening loau at Poly can be romantic... Tiki torches, hula dancing, and good food and drinks... You can also walk around the grounds or the lagoon...

We liked all the suggestions above and would also recommend dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse.

I also liked the idea of the wishes fireworks cruise.

Even though cost is not an issue for you, the most romantic thing I ever did with DH was free. We watched the Wishes fireworks from the beach at the Grand Floridian. We were the only people there. The view was beautiful and peaceful.

I second the California Grille. DH and I make this a must do on every trip. You can view the fireworks outside on the rooftop of the contemporary (very romantic) or just forget the fireworks and take in the beautiful view of the property from the rooftop... gentle breeze blowing.... mmmmmmm. Can't wait until our Feb trip!

Happy Birthday Cat said:
In early October my DW and I did Victoria and Alberts. It was a great night out without the kids. Well worth it.

HBC

I coudn't agree more. HBC is correct, Victoria and Alberts is the best choice for an adult WDW dining experience. Elegant and not snooty. It's not much more money than many of the other high end WDW restaurants.

There was a post awhile back about a private dining experience that someone's DH set up at the GF. It sounded really lovely. I'd never heard of anything like that before, but evidently you can arrange all sorts of special, private dining experiences.

Can someone give me more information about the wishes cruise?

California Grille is out for us. We did that when we were on our honeymoon.

The private dinning experience also sounds good.

Here's info about the private dining:
Grand Floridian Private Dinner

The Grand Floridian will create a private dining experience for couples, with views of the fireworks and a personal butler to attend to all your needs.

The dinners usually take place outside in the alcove area overlooking the Seven Seas Lagoon, and dessert is timed to coincide with the Wishes fireworks at Magic Kingdom. You can order off of the private dining menu, or for a 25% surcharge, order from any of the Grand Floridian's fantastic restaurants (Narcoossees, Citricos, etc.).

This standard Private Dining meal includes a multi-course dinner and one bottle of wine or champagne. Depending on your specific food and beverage selections, the dinner usually costs around $200 plus 6.5% tax and gratuity.

Contact (407) 824-2578 at least seven days in advance to schedule a private dinner at the Grand Floridian.

For a wishes cruise call 407-WDW-PLAY. The cruises leave from any of the MK resorts. We left from the boat dock at WL about 30 minutes prior to wishes. You also get to view the electrical water pageant and cruise around a bit. The boat will have soft drinks and chips, but you can also bring your own refreshments. The cost for the boat that has the wishes soundtrack during the fireworks was $220 if memory serves. You can book 90 days in advance. The suggestion for V&A's was also a good one. We were able to get the chef's table there, and that was a fantastic experience.

starbox said:
Here's info about the private dining:
Grand Floridian Private Dinner

The Grand Floridian will create a private dining experience for couples, with views of the fireworks and a personal butler to attend to all your needs.

The dinners usually take place outside in the alcove area overlooking the Seven Seas Lagoon, and dessert is timed to coincide with the Wishes fireworks at Magic Kingdom. You can order off of the private dining menu, or for a 25% surcharge, order from any of the Grand Floridian's fantastic restaurants (Narcoossees, Citricos, etc.).

This standard Private Dining meal includes a multi-course dinner and one bottle of wine or champagne. Depending on your specific food and beverage selections, the dinner usually costs around $200 plus 6.5% tax and gratuity.

Contact (407) 824-2578 at least seven days in advance to schedule a private dinner at the Grand Floridian.

I think we have a winner!!! That sounds great!

I also like Flying Fish for dinner but the romantic part goes out the window with al of the screaming kids in there. I vote GF private dinner.

I arranged a private meal for my husband and myself for our anniversary trip in September. We had a table for 2 with a view of MK. I had the top layer of our wedding cake recreated, and this was brought out right after Wishes. It was an amazing evening. I kept it a surprise for him, and he was floored.

I have to put a vote in for Victoria & Albert's. DH & I went there in October 2005, and he just made ressies for our March 2007 trip. Really looking forward to it and when we use the DDE card, it actually makes the cost (somewhat) tolerable!

I am leaning towards the private dinner. That sounds more intement to me.

However, where is Victoria & Albert's? I want to make sure I have a backup.

V&A's is in the Grand Floridian - if you want to use it as a backup, a reservation is needed, so make that ahead of time and cancel once the private dinner is set up.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter