Romantic Ideas

Scott S Flicker

Earning My Ears
DW and I are going to Disney for what we are calling our Disney Honeymooniversary from 12/1 to 12/13. We are doing a split stay between AKL and BC. Our 25th anniversary is in September of this year and we never had an anniversary. We love Christmas and didn't want to go in the hotter weather so we chose early December.
Looking for awesome romantic ideas.
Already doing Wanyama Safari at AKL, going to do Highway in Sky dining, doing Artist Point dinner, doing Candlelight Processional.
Had wanted to DF o a sleigh ride but am being told horses may be moved due to construction.
Any other thoughts?
Are fireworks cruises worth it.
Appreciate any ideas.

The Boardwalk at night is incredibly romantic. Trattoria al Forno has great atmosphere, and you can walk around afterwards and get ice cream, stop into a lounge for drinks, and I've read you can see the EPCOT fireworks well from the bridge that connects the Boardwalk with Beach Club. I also recall seeing some neat street performers, too. It has a lot of charm all around. (ᵔᴥᵔ)

Scott--You realize that Artist Point is now Story Book dining, with characters from Snow White. Thought I should mention that in case you weren't aware.

One place I really love is the Grand Floridian Cafe. It's a great place to have lunch if you're at MK--very pretty and the food's good.

Scott--You realize that Artist Point is now Story Book dining, with characters from Snow White. Thought I should mention that in case you weren't aware.

Some people might consider eating dinner with Dopey and Grumpy to be romantic.

DW and I are going to Disney for what we are calling our Disney Honeymooniversary from 12/1 to 12/13. We are doing a split stay between AKL and BC. Our 25th anniversary is in September of this year and we never had an anniversary. We love Christmas and didn't want to go in the hotter weather so we chose early December.

A wonderful idea! Congrats on the 25 years! DW and I are 46 years and still counting. And still enjoying Disney!

DW and I made many adult only trips to the Boardwalk in early December. Loved it! Enjoyed the holiday spirit and the decorations in the parks and the resorts. And the December weather is pretty nice, especially if you are coming from the north. Just remember to bring a hoodie just in case.

It sounds like you already have a few good meal reservations. Once you get to the BC there are so many great places to eat within walking distance. Check the menus and find one that interests you. DW and I aren't really into TS meals so we can't make a suggestion. A nice QS in somewhere in Epcot followed by some ice cream or other treat picked up as we wander makes up happy.

As far as other romantic ideas DW and I found just wandering over to Epcot in the evening to be very enjoyable. We would usually just stroll through the World Showcase, perhaps stopping for a special snack along the way. We never did an Illumination Cruise but rather just pick out a spot on the bridge over the waterway between UK and France. We would be right above where the cruise boats tie up. This location makes for an easy exit out the International Gateway at the end of the evening.
Wishing you a pixiedust: visit!

Is the horse drawn carriage ride in the evenings still available at POFQ?
Then take the boat to Disney Springs for dinner at one of their nice restaurants or whatever.
That seems romantic to me. ☺

The Boardwalk at night is incredibly romantic. Trattoria al Forno has great atmosphere, and you can walk around afterwards and get ice cream, stop into a lounge for drinks, and I've read you can see the EPCOT fireworks well from the bridge that connects the Boardwalk with Beach Club. I also recall seeing some neat street performers, too. It has a lot of charm all around. (ᵔᴥᵔ)
I agree with this! Great place for a romantic date.

Is the horse drawn carriage ride in the evenings still available at POFQ?
Then take the boat to Disney Springs for dinner at one of their nice restaurants or whatever.
That seems romantic to me. ☺
I was going to do the sleigh ride at Fort Wilderness but have been told the stables are being closed down so not sure there will be any carriage rides until the construction of stables is done.
We did the carriage ride at Orleans in January 2018 and loved it. DW is such a Christmas junkie that I thought she would love the sleigh ride and am disappointed it is not available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter