Romantic Evening

abline

Mouseketeer
I'd like to hear about everyones opinion regarding a romantic evening without the kids. We've done the California Grill twice and were hoping for something different. Please help us plan that one evening alone.

Then V and A's is the best choice, hands down.

But Citrico's is nice.
Artist Point is another good selection.
Yachtsman Steakhouse.
Either of the French restaurants at Epcot.

But do V and A's for the most romantic dining at WDW.

Jiko at the AKL.

amazing food, amazing atmosphere..hands down my favorite place in the world.

hubby and I had a table near the window there once...there is a little 'brook' running along side of it with rocks and such lite from underwater...hard to describe...but it was a very serene scene!

plus - this restaurant is a bit 'darker' then, say, Artist Pointe...gives a more intimate feeling.

I agree with Jiko.

V&A's while quality, romantic and all the rest is (1) very expensive and (2) not for everybody (the food style & experience time is just too much for me).
pirate:

For us, Victoria & Albert's is the most romantic dinner at WDW by far although I know it's not for everyone.

The Bistro de Paris is another spot that comes to mind besides Jiko, Artist Point, Citricos and Narcoosssee's (if you dine earlier before it gets too busy).

Victoria and Alberts is our favorite romantic restaurant on property but it is not for everyone. If you prefer quantity over quality, you will not like v&a's because the portions are very small but the flavor is out of this world. actually there are so many courses that i could barely finish my dessert. had a fabulous time and will go back again when i can afford it!!!!!!!

Thank for the advise. I just made a p/s at V and A. The write ups on it make it sound perfect. I missed out on the chefs table however.

flyingchef, it isn't just a quantity vs. quality thing with V & A's...It's the type of cuisine. I, for example, don't like French cuisine (although I can certainly appreciate that many more cultured tastes than mine do). V & A's menu just serves dishes out of the norm, with a presentation that is bound to not satisfy the average pallate. I don't appreciate highly sauced foods and while an hour and a half is fine for a meal for us anything more will become excrutiating.

I only mean to say that V & A's is certainly the creme de le creme, but it is intended for a particular demographic and that demographic isn't the average Disney restaurant goer. But it isn't necessarily better or more romantic than its more, seemingly, pedestrian counterparts...Only in varying degree.

If V & A's fits your budget and the menu appears pleasing, then this is by all accounts the proper choice, but their are other options on other levels...
pirate:

For a nice romantic dinner...if we are not going to really splurge and go to Victoria and Alberts, then we go to:

Flying Fish, Chefs de France, Artist Point or Jiko

all wonderful with great food, service and atmostphere.

BlueZoo looked good, but kind of "trendy" and very crowded when we were there...not exactly romantic.

I like The Yachtsmen Steakhouse for a nice dinner, and then a stroll along the Boardwalk. Another fun thing to do is have anice dinner somewhere in the vicinity of the MK (one o the GF, Poly, or CR restaurants) and go down to the water and watch the EWP. We have done it from the Poly beach...very "romantical";) :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter