Rolling coolers - not allowed??

Hi I would like to know what kinds of coolers you guy are talking about?
I have big wheel plastic one they sell in walmart.\
we are the 06/27/06 cruise

Tried checking on Dillards today for a rolling cooler for our August cruise and they said they no longer sell it online! I guess all the DISers bought them all!! :)

Caught the post about bringing the cooler to ports packed with food. You might not get away with that depending on where you are going. It is actually illegal to bring food products in and out of foreign countries. Sometimes they will make a fuss and sometimes they won't.

All of the Caribbean ports have canned sodas and bottled water with very familiar brand names like Coke and Pepsi. Just don't get ice and you have nothing to worry about.

And - if your doctor will write a note, you can also get a real refrigerator for your cabin for medical supplies. I think your favorite brand of soda should qualify as a medical supply! Anyways - with a medical condition you are allowed to bring aboard any food, drink, etc. that you need.

Sweet Sue

Loulovecar

The cooler that I purchased is made of a soft insulated material that collapses. It has a telescoping pop up handle (like the ones on luggage) and 4 wheels on the bottom. Mine will hold 60+ cans but when not in use, it folds to approximately 12 x 12 x 4 so very compact.

I live in Oregon and purchased mine at a store called Shopko for $19.99. I think it will work awesome to pack sunscreen, towels, water, etc. on and off the ship.

If you go to walmart and ask in the cooler dept. they can show you the soft sided ones. This is the first year ours have carried them. They only had one color, so I bought mine at costco. it has two wheels on the bottum and a retractable? bottum with two feet on the other end, so when you make it fold up you can slide the bottum in and it folds flatter. It has a bungie cord cris crossed on the top to hold a towel or something and a luggage handle also. We only used it for the two wrestling matches but it was way better then lugging that big plastic one with wheels from walmart last year.

I am going to our Walmart today..I am praying they have one. We are going to use it for the castaway cay day...and I was wondering...do you think anyone would say anything to use if we brought it up to deck 9 or 10 in the evenings?
Please don't flame but we are a party of 12--and if Icould save a few major bucks on a few beers then I may think about that....anyone seen this done?

cpdrn7 said:
[D]o you think anyone would say anything to us if we brought it up to deck 9 or 10 in the evenings? Please don't flame but we are a party of 12--and if I could save a few major bucks on a few beers then I may think about that....anyone seen this done?
Don't you think that might be pushing the envelope? While I doubt if anyone would say anything if one walked out of one's cabin with a beer in their hand (particularly if it were in an insulated mug or something else innocuous), wheeling an entire cooler of drinks out on deck might cause a reaction. After all, we're on a ship that sells drinks at a fairly reasonable price and, strictly speaking, guests are limited on what may be brought on board.

On the other hand, it would be a great icebreaker - you'd become soooo popular with all the guests surrounding you who might want to share! Which sailing are you going to be on? I prefer Newcastle Brown, please. :drinking1

good point...I just was doing the math...8 adults x$6.00 drinks plus tips...and each about 4 drinks...wow......
and I am not a drinker that some are in the group...but I get the point...
I will have to find out the drink specials of the day!!

Wouldn't you know it? The cooler I bought at Shopko is now on sale for $14.99 but can I find my receipt? :sad2: I know, it's only $5 less but hey, $5 is $5 :rotfl2:

:cheer2: 17 DAYS UNTIL WESTERN ON THE MAGIC :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!