ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been waiting ROFR since 9/8 on a 225 pt BCV contract. We are in no rush but I'd like to get this resolved, one way or another as I'm sure the seller would. There was a name difference between the original offer and the legal documents that required the offer be re-signed but not the legal documents. That happened on 10/7 so I am guessing we went to the bottom of the pile and will not get back up to the top till November.
Same here. We submitted on 9/9 and on 10/6 had to resign to correct the contract number. I think I need to start counting again from 10/6

Flynn's Gal---$140-$78350-550-BCV-Apr-0/19, 550/20, 1100/21, 550/22-seller pays MF '20- sent 9/20, passed 10/29

Holy Points, Batman! POW! This is really happening.

I'm glad to see some other BCV buyers here. After reading comments on FB and DIS threads of how some others feel about the 2042 expiration of Beach Club and other 2042 resorts, I'd like to leave my "whys" for anyone who may be on the fence and could use another perspective of reasons it was a good fit for me. I 100% get that it doesn't make great financial sense to spend this much money and not get it for as long as you possibly can and that selling it could be a complication as the years go by and took that into consideration. However, for me:
*I'll be 54 in January. At 75 years old, when the contract expires, I think I'll have been able to use the points in all the ways I intend to.
*I have no intention of selling it. My only child is physically handicapped and developmentally delayed. I won't be willing it to her trust. She has no comprehension of this at all. We're just going to enjoy SAB while it's available. :)
*After buying 150 direct, I got add-on-itis BAD and want to stay for longer, get larger rooms, and have a place to share with family members. My little 150 doesn't go very far with all of that in mind. An extra 550 on the other hand. :earseek:
*I'm retired and it has been my "when I retire" dream to travel. Whether I use the points to rent and pay cash, or use them for RCI, on other trips, now I have a chunk of points to enjoy WDW and other locations.
*I have 11 month booking at Beach Club! :banana:
Congrats! & I GET IT!:thumbsup2
I retire this year, and am gradually broadening my reach within DVC to use it for SnowBirding.
For the years when we buy APs, we like BCV for it's proximity to 2 parks, and for SAB!
22 years of BCV in retirement will be a great accomplishment.
Maybe I'll see you there soon! :goodvibes

Strumy---$156-$39970-250-VGF-Aug-0/19, 17/20, 250/21, 250/22- sent 9/18, PASSED 10/29

It looks like Goofy took control of the ROFR train today and it ran away! Congrats to everyone on the long waits being closed out successfully... except for that guy with a 10 day wait (ok... ok... congrats to him too). Now time to start planning 2021s trip!

If the current turn around time holds, maybe you'll hear next week! If you don't mind sharing, I'm curious to know what your $/pt is?
I am shocked we heard back today! Not 100% on the closing costs yet so I will update this once confirmed. First contract. Very excited to become a DVC member. Many thanks again to everyone here for all the help.

cindybelle90---$125-$24059-175-CCV@WL-Aug-0/19, 198/20, 175/21, 175/22 - sent 9/24, passed 10/29

Congrats Lorana!
You received a double bonus :thumbsup2
Thank you!! I was so excited to snag 2 small VGC contracts, and at that price (even if it is mostly stripped). It's the perfect size for us. I do wish it was in the same UY as my other points, but this was such a unicorn I'm not really complaining. :) I had been so sad when I let the 100-point at $237 go but I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much, but feared I'd never find a good low point contract again, and then these two came my way. Woohoo!

Strumy---$156-$39970-250-VGF-Aug-0/19, 17/20, 250/21, 250/22- sent 9/18, PASSED 10/29

It looks like Goofy took control of the ROFR train today and it ran away! Congrats to everyone on the long waits being closed out successfully... except for that guy with a 10 day wait (ok... ok... congrats to him too). Now time to start planning 2021s trip!
:laughing: Hopefully it continues! Congrats to those who got the news today and best of luck to everyone for good news tomorrow.

Lorana---$195-$5812-27-VGC-Oct-0/19, 13/20, 27/21, 27/22-seller pays MF '20- sent 9/25, passed 10/29
Lorana---$195-$7373-35-VGC-Oct-0/19, 0/20, 35/21, 35/22-seller pays MF '20- sent 9/25, passed 10/29

WOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I still need to close and everything, but my VGC contracts have passed!! They didn't magically turn into Sep contracts during ROFR to make it the most perfect, but that's okay. ;-)

I HAVE MY PETER DOMINICK TRIFECTA!! (BRV/CCV, AKV and now VGC)
Really, these resorts are my favorite theming, and I am so ecstatic to own at them all. And so happy to never pay retail prices at GCH again. ;-) Hopefully I won't get hit with addonitis there, lol, though I recently saw the Grand Villa photos, and I realize I'd need more points for that. ;-)

I was so eager to get this offer out that I completely missed asking this to have Mason as the title company, so it's on First American, and I was told to expect closing in 3-4 weeks. Ugh. But I'm honestly in no rush.

Interestingly, my HHI contract sent on 9/21 I'm still waiting to hear on.

:tink: I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tink::figment::stitch:

And I get to add this image to my signature:
k243RhG.jpg

Congrats. So happy for you! Maybe it is less of a tease since VGC is still not open :sad1:

Lorana---$195-$5812-27-VGC-Oct-0/19, 13/20, 27/21, 27/22-seller pays MF '20- sent 9/25, passed 10/29
Lorana---$195-$7373-35-VGC-Oct-0/19, 0/20, 35/21, 35/22-seller pays MF '20- sent 9/25, passed 10/29

WOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I still need to close and everything, but my VGC contracts have passed!! They didn't magically turn into Sep contracts during ROFR to make it the most perfect, but that's okay. ;-)

I HAVE MY PETER DOMINICK TRIFECTA!! (BRV/CCV, AKV and now VGC)
Really, these resorts are my favorite theming, and I am so ecstatic to own at them all. And so happy to never pay retail prices at GCH again. ;-) Hopefully I won't get hit with addonitis there, lol, though I recently saw the Grand Villa photos, and I realize I'd need more points for that. ;-)

I was so eager to get this offer out that I completely missed asking this to have Mason as the title company, so it's on First American, and I was told to expect closing in 3-4 weeks. Ugh. But I'm honestly in no rush.

Interestingly, my HHI contract sent on 9/21 I'm still waiting to hear on.

:tink: I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tink::figment::stitch:

And I get to add this image to my signature:
k243RhG.jpg
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASS!!! I know how happy you are about these two little cutie contracts and GCV in general! We are 5 days behind you - here's hoping! Wow again, ROFR is on FIRE today! Hugs, @Lorana !

Congrats. So happy for you! Maybe it is less of a tease since VGC is still not open :sad1:
I know! We were supposed to be at VGC at the end of September as an early birthday for my youngest son who really wanted to do the Oogie Boogie Party again (and loves the draw with a disney artist sessions they have at DL, which are all Nightmare Before Christmas characters during the party. He doesn't enjoy the one at Disney World as much, because it moved to Rafiki's Planet Watch and is just animals now). We are completely accepting we cannot be there, but it is still sad. At this point, we aren't planning to return to VGC till 2022 (probably still within our 2021 UY, though), so we're okay with the stripped 2020 points and are hoping all will be better and back to Disney magic then!

I know! We were supposed to be at VGC at the end of September as an early birthday for my youngest son who really wanted to do the Oogie Boogie Party again (and loves the draw with a disney artist sessions they have at DL, which are all Nightmare Before Christmas characters during the party. He doesn't enjoy the one at Disney World as much, because it moved to Rafiki's Planet Watch and is just animals now). We are completely accepting we cannot be there, but it is still sad. At this point, we aren't planning to return to VGC till 2022 (probably still within our 2021 UY, though), so we're okay with the stripped 2020 points and are hoping all will be better and back to Disney magic then!
I think it’s really annoying they are cancelling weeks at a time, if I’m seeing it correctly. I’m so glad you got the contracts you wanted!!!

Appreciate all the info gleaned here.
Figured I’d have plenty of waiting time to post - but Disney passed today after only 10 days...(shocked). So, here’s the info:

$97-$31525-325-SSR-Aug-411/20, 325/21, 325/22-sent 10/19, passed 10/29.

Congrats! But could you please reformat your string with the link in post #1 so it can go on the list? We'd hate to not be able to capture that one!

I'm glad to see some other BCV buyers here. After reading comments on FB and DIS threads of how some others feel about the 2042 expiration of Beach Club and other 2042 resorts, I'd like to leave my "whys" for anyone who may be on the fence and could use another perspective of reasons it was a good fit for me.

We bought about 5 years ago so we had a LITTLE more time, but it was still something to consider. Our multiple trips a year without having to waitlist justify it for me.... as will my 10/1/2021 booking where I'll be sitting poolside SAB before & after various festivities. I know this because I was able to booked it already. Ask me in 22 years if I regret it. I can tell you now what the answer will be! :)

It looks like Goofy took control of the ROFR train today and it ran away!

You mean he stripped out all the classic content, put the contracts on giant screens, and invented a new digital bird you see for 7 seconds just as an excuse to produce a whole merchandise line?

I digress. :duck:Moving along back to the contracts... :D

Flynn's Gal---$140-$78350-550-BCV-Apr-0/19, 550/20, 1100/21, 550/22-seller pays MF '20- sent 9/20, passed 10/29

Holy Points, Batman! POW! This is really happening.

I'm glad to see some other BCV buyers here. After reading comments on FB and DIS threads of how some others feel about the 2042 expiration of Beach Club and other 2042 resorts, I'd like to leave my "whys" for anyone who may be on the fence and could use another perspective of reasons it was a good fit for me. I 100% get that it doesn't make great financial sense to spend this much money and not get it for as long as you possibly can and that selling it could be a complication as the years go by and took that into consideration. However, for me:
*I'll be 54 in January. At 75 years old, when the contract expires, I think I'll have been able to use the points in all the ways I intend to.
*I have no intention of selling it. My only child is physically handicapped and developmentally delayed. I won't be willing it to her trust. She has no comprehension of this at all. We're just going to enjoy SAB while it's available. :)
*After buying 150 direct, I got add-on-itis BAD and want to stay for longer, get larger rooms, and have a place to share with family members. My little 150 doesn't go very far with all of that in mind. An extra 550 on the other hand. :earseek:
*I'm retired and it has been my "when I retire" dream to travel. Whether I use the points to rent and pay cash, or use them for RCI, on other trips, now I have a chunk of points to enjoy WDW and other locations.
*I have 11 month booking at Beach Club! :banana:
Enjoy every moment! 💗

Has anyone had a delayed closing thats several months out say over 3 months ever bought back before?

Ugh that is so disappointing! That is a unique event too. Hoping that things will get better soon so everyone can get back to their happy place and enjoy the magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter