ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My3kids1989---$103-$21410-200-SSR-Jun-0/19, 200/20, 200/21, 200/22-Seller pays MF 20- sent 10/19, taken 11/10

I really thought this one would pass. I didn’t even haggle about it. I only asked for MF to be paid for. Agh. Third times a charm, right?

ETA, I just hope to find a June use year with 2020 points. I was set on SSR but now I’m open to AKL as well. Also I was only going to get 150 points but found the 200. So now I’m okay with 200 and 150 doesn’t seem like enough! Maybe I’ll find one and have a swift ROFR like some of you are having 😬

One suggestion I have...and no idea if This is right at all...but if you don’t ask for seller to pay the MFs it’s likely much less appealing to Disney. You can play with the $ per point.

So if MFs were $6.77...in reality that $103 turns quickly to $96. When I eyed up contracts, I went a couple of dollars under the $100 mark but didn’t ask for MFs to be paid. Just sharing my strategy...again no idea what would get a pass or not. Good luck!

By the way, dues are significantly increasing across most resorts in 2021. Likely due to the minimum wage increase and recouping costs from closures.

My3kids1989---$103-$21410-200-SSR-Jun-0/19, 200/20, 200/21, 200/22-Seller pays MF 20- sent 10/19, taken 11/10

I really thought this one would pass. I didn’t even haggle about it. I only asked for MF to be paid for. Agh. Third times a charm, right?

ETA, I just hope to find a June use year with 2020 points. I was set on SSR but now I’m open to AKL as well. Also I was only going to get 150 points but found the 200. So now I’m okay with 200 and 150 doesn’t seem like enough! Maybe I’ll find one and have a swift ROFR like some of you are having 😬
Crud- this does not bode well for my contract at $97/point at SSR.

Well. We may not end up HH owners after all. Turns out that the seller missed that they would pay 2020 MFs in the offer -- even though the offer they signed clearly calls it out and it's in the contract. I realize that $455.05 isn't a lot in the long play of ownership, but it does put the price per point up to $89.10 instead of at the adjusted $71.80 we thought we'd be paying, if by chance we were willing to concede pay the dues. And we only agreed because those 2020 MFs were being paid by the seller since we wouldn't have points coming into our account until 2021 dues need to be paid.

DH is pointing out that we did pick up VGC after making the HH offer, that HH dues went up by 6.28% in 2020 and is going up by 9.58% in 2021, and that maybe this is the universe saving us from ourselves to leave some money in our savings account and save us from high rising dues. We're going to sleep on this before making a final decision. I hate backing out at this point since I imagine a 50-point Sep UY contract is not common, but Covid did have us spending more on DVC contracts than originally intended with some great deals both resale and direct, so it's not the end of the world to not buy into HH now and see what happens in the next couple of years.

It's funny that I would have been fine if it had been taken in ROFR, but I feel awful backing out of a deal that passed ROFR. Except the seller doesn't want to honor the deal that was agreed to, so I shouldn't feel too bad about this if we do decide to back out.
Don't feel bad at all. Its their fault. I would 100% not pay that price on HHI.

Raemama---$119-$24529-200-BWV-Sep-0/19, 200/20, 200/21, 200/22- sent 10/28, passed 11/7
So now we wait for the title company for closing docs....and we submit payment along with our paperwork. I’m obsessing a little about how to get the payment to them. And how long it’s really taking for each of the remaining steps. Are there threads for each of those steps on Disboards?

Thanks!

So now we wait for the title company for closing docs....and we submit payment along with our paperwork. I’m obsessing a little about how to get the payment to them. And how long it’s really taking for each of the remaining steps. Are there threads for each of those steps on Disboards?

Thanks!
The closing thread is a good one to read/follow/ask questions:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/closing-time.3392820/unread
My one recommendation is to not wire money for closing until the closing company informs you that the seller has returned their documents. I’ve had instances where the sellers took a month to return closing documents and I lamented not having my money earn interest during that time.

My one recommendation is to not wire money for closing until the closing company informs you that the seller has returned their documents. I’ve had instances where the sellers took a month to return closing documents and I lamented not having my money earn interest during that time.
Thank you—I appreciate this advice and would feel the same way. I feel that way right now regarding the earnest money! Lol! I’ll check out the other thread you recommended as well.

Oh—but wiring is the recommended way to send the funds?

Excellent point, thank you! Looks like the situation may be slightly more complicated, as the broker apparently failed to convey to the seller that our offer included seller paying 2020 MFs. However, the contract clearly states it:

And the seller did sign it. Maybe they just didn't read it.
It’s not fair for you as the buyer to literally pay for the seller’s mistake of not reading the contract. Bet if the shoe was on the other foot the seller would back out if the buyer refused to pay the MFs they signed and agreed to.

Agree that this may be a sign to walk away. Especially if you are not 100% into it.

Thanks!
My recommendation is to send a certified check as opposed to wiring money. At least my bank attached a number of annoying extra fees to send money by wire, and somehow the process also made it more difficult for the title company. It was easier for all of us to just send a certified check, which got there the next day.

We have our heart set on OKW, so . . . 🤞 🤞

dalenchip---$95-$24478-230-OKW-Jun-0/19, 0/20, 460/21, 230/22-Buyer pays MF '20- sent 11/3

dalenchip---$95-$24478-230-OKW-Jun-0/19, 0/20, 460/21, 230/22-Buyer pays MF '20- sent 11/3, taken 11/11

I'm sad for us, but the experience with the broker and broker agency was poor. I am dancing a jig that I'm not paying her one red dime, which is a sad statement on the level of service.

Back to the drawing board. . .

My recommendation is to send a certified check as opposed to wiring money. At least my bank attached a number of annoying extra fees to send money by wire, and somehow the process also made it more difficult for the title company. It was easier for all of us to just send a certified check, which got there the next day.

I had to specifically ask if a check was alright, because they had only sent me wiring instructions. But I am NOT into wiring money, so I insisted on a check. They got it really quickly though so it was great.

dalenchip---$95-$24478-230-OKW-Jun-0/19, 0/20, 460/21, 230/22-Buyer pays MF '20- sent 11/3, taken 11/11

I'm sad for us, but the experience with the broker and broker agency was poor. I am dancing a jig that I'm not paying her one red dime, which is a sad statement on the level of service.

Did you ever consider splitting the difference with the seller, and asking the broker to pay your half?

I'm sorry you had a poor experience with your broker, and am glad at least you aren't upset that this got taken. Who did you work with, if you don't mind me asking?

I think I fixed it the tool wasn’t working for me Thanks
What problem are you having with it? Does it not come up or do you get an error?

Still need to add in closing costs and maintenance fees so we can add your contract to the list!

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter