ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on the VGC wait-list since July 27, 2018. Yes, 2018. My guide says I'm #1 on his list, and have been there since then. He had to get approval to put me in his list as well.

I have never been offered VGC points direct. Initially he was *hoping* for points by Christmas 2018, but that ship sailed. Lately when I've asked, his stock answer is basically there's little/no chance to get VGC points. So they certainly haven't cleared out the list.

I bought VGC resale back in January as a result, but am still on the direct wait list... I've come so far, I can't back out now!

I've also read on here that California laws are more difficult than Florida laws with regard to timeshares? I kind of gathered it was too much of a hassle in CA for Disney to bother. But here they are snapping up some points. Maybe I'll get a call soon ;)

Are you waiting on 160 points??

lilmissfoodie---$200-$32702-160-VGC-Oct-0/18, 320/19, 160/20- sent 9/24, taken 10/11

Out of curiosity, how did your guide prep you for being on the waitlist? Did you have to tell him how many points you wanted? Was there a minimum threshold he required you to request to be put on the waitlist? When you got on the waitlist in 2018, were you locked into the going price per point for Dec 2018 (if it was different than now)? Inquiring minds want to know!

Out of curiosity, how did your guide prep you for being on the waitlist? Did you have to tell him how many points you wanted? Was there a minimum threshold he required you to request to be put on the waitlist? When you got on the waitlist in 2018, were you locked into the going price per point for Dec 2018 (if it was different than now)? Inquiring minds want to know!
I am waiting on any points. Literally any number. Initially it was somewhere around 150, but since I've purchased 125 resale I might add on just a few. I figure I should stay on the wait list at this point, I can always decline points if offered.

You are not locked into the lower price per point by being on the wait list. That was my first question when the price increases happened in January... I asked my guide if I could be promised the lower price since I had been on the wait list for over 5 months, and he said they don't do that.

I'm the seller

Third time is the charm, finally made it past ROFR! Granted, it helped that I switched to PVB instead of OKW, as they don't seem to be buying back PVBs. But I'm super happy (even if I did pay a bit more than I should have) as I love the Polynesian, it's my favorite resort!

KStash---$146-$30664-200-PVB-Sep-0/18, 0/19, 200/20, 200/21- sent 10/2, passed 10/22

I know I have probably 2 weeks left until I hear anything on my BLT, but the wait is still killing me! Congrats everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter