ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
iflyjetzzz---$86-$38486-400-SSR-Jun-0/18, 228/19, 400/20, 400/21-Byr pd MF avl 19 pts- sent 11/30

I paid MF on the 228 2019 points.

I just got an email that Disney passed on ROFR. Now will have to wait on the final estoppel letter from Disney. Email from title company:

Disney has passed the Right of First Refusal! This is a big step in the process of purchasing your timeshare and there are only a few more prior to taking ownership.

Once your Right of First Refusal was received a subsequent request for a final estoppel letter from Disney was made. When that is received, typically less than two weeks, we can prepare the final settlement statement and closing documents for you to sign. There are two options for signing and we will need to know which you prefer.

Option 1: Documents sent via Docusign,com, this is our most popular option not only because of its ease of use but it also speeds of the closing because the documents are transmitted within minutes as opposed to days via courier. Documents are uploaded to a secure website and you are sent a link to access them. When you click the link it takes you directly to the documents and guides you through each one for signing. Once all the documents are signed by you they are electronically submitted back to Mason Title and you get a copy as well.

Option 2: Documents sent via email. Documents would be emailed to you and you will have to print them out sign them and return them to us via courier. Depending on where you are located it may take a couple days for the documents to be received back in our office thus delaying the closing.

The final closing and disbursement will take place once all the documents and closing funds are received in our office.

So poofyo...When you state "taken 12/13" does that mean Disney exercised their right and bought it out from under you?
Yes. I'm not a big fan of stating it that way since it's not technically what happens. But, it's easier and less confusing for the general population, so it makes sense to just state it that way.

Also, people often say things like "we passed!" but that's not really what happens either. But why ruin the excitement with a technicality?

It's how we roll. 8-)

Official ROFR Thread Glossary:
  • Passed = Waived
  • Taken = Exercised

Last edited:
Hoping to get VGC through at $170 per point...Going back and looking at ROFR reports and what's been posted here, I doubt it will go through. The seller wants it to and I imagine they'll be selling to Disney. I'll keep you updated.

Has anyone use fidelity? I always used dvc resale market and they are quick to get back about offers and keeping their site updated. Does fidelity keep their site updated or are listing left up once they are taken still.
I’ve put in a couple of offers via Fidelity. From my experience they’re we’re not quick at responding and both contracts had offers on. They were also still up days after I was told they were no longer available. That was last year so it may have improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter