ROFR Thread July to Sept 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man what a deal! Congrats!

Can you guys just automatically put down who your broker was when you see deals too good to pass up?? Also wherher you used (removed) or not???

Sorry but my broker is caught by the filter so no can do.

Just wanted to give a few updates on dvcrofr.com since it's been a while and I've made some improvements:
  • I have redesigned the backend of the website. It was initially served from a single Google sheet 🙈, which was becoming increasingly problematic as the site grew. I've moved almost everything to a cloud-based database. This upgrade should result in almost instantaneous loading of charts and tables, with minimal downtime.
  • Automatic hourly updates to Disboards data
  • Refreshed homepage layout with a ticker for latest updates, summary stats on ROFR and price trends, and direct links to analysis pages
  • Redesigned rofr-wait page to align with the look of pricing trends
  • Consolidation of pricing trends to a single page with the option to select home resort via top buttons
  • Repositioning of the best deals list to the top of the pricing-trends page, now encompassing all data from the current year, ordered by ascending normalized price
  • Upgraded disname-lookup tool for quicker operation and improved look
In the pipeline:
  • Segregation of Aulani subsidized contracts
  • Addition of a cash flow projection/discounted present value/breakeven tool to aid your financial analysis
If you have any questions/comments I've set up a separate thread here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/dvcrofr-com.3924179/

Thanks!

RnP---$130-$46538-350-VGF-Apr-0/22, 161/23, 350/24-seller pays MF '23- sent 6/30, passed 7/20
#1!
Ted Lasso's Victory Dance GIF by Reaction GIFs | Gfycat

Last edited:
Thanks to this thread and your website, had a meaningful conversation with the transaction broker that there needs to be enough of a spread to make resale VGF work. Otherwise, VGF direct was the more appropriate route. Also, convinced Magic to send closing docs in 2 business days so should be closing today or Monday. Squeaky wheel gets the grease…

Just wanted to give a few updates on dvcrofr.com since it's been a while and I've made some improvements:
  • I have redesigned the backend of the website. It was initially served from a single Google sheet 🙈, which was becoming increasingly problematic as the site grew. I've moved almost everything to a cloud-based database. This upgrade should result in almost instantaneous loading of charts and tables, with minimal downtime.
  • Automatic hourly updates to Disboards data
  • Refreshed homepage layout with a ticker for latest updates, summary stats on ROFR and price trends, and direct links to analysis pages
  • Redesigned rofr-wait page to align with the look of pricing trends
  • Consolidation of pricing trends to a single page with the option to select home resort via top buttons
  • Repositioning of the best deals list to the top of the pricing-trends page, now encompassing all data from the current year, ordered by ascending normalized price
  • Upgraded disname-lookup tool for quicker operation and improved look
In the pipeline:
  • Segregation of Aulani subsidized contracts
  • Addition of a cash flow projection/discounted present value/breakeven tool to aid your financial analysis
If you have any questions/comments I've set up a separate thread here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/dvcrofr-com.3924179/

Thanks!
A great site just got better! Thanks for all your hard work.

Around the same time you bought your contract, we bought a 100pt BCV contract for $135(incl 2022/2023 pts only paying 2023 pts). We plan to rent the 2022-banked into 2023 and 2023 pts to bring down the cost. We absolutely love the resort and couldn't believe our luck in finding the perfect contract. I am a huge number cruncher and value person, but the following amenities also add value for us: great location w/skyliner, boat access, and convenient to bus, small boutique hotel feel with great theming, stormalong bay and a very quiet DVC pool, convenient parking lot for our rental car, nostalgia having stayed there on our honeymoon and kids first stay as well. There is nothing better than walking leisurely to/from the resort from Epcot, boat dock, or skyliner. And as you mentioned, the lower point cost for rooms.
I am thrilled we found this contract and will never look back!
Agree 100%
I paid more for mine last year..oh well. But it’s our main choice of resort since it opened. Welcome home neighbor!! 🎉

npatellye---$70-$12472-150-OKW-Apr-0/22, 170/23, 150/24, 150/25- sent 7/20

This all started because DH suggested adding on at AKL. Then it turned into me saying 2042 makes more sense for us since we just needed a few extra to get us through the kids being young.
Getting antsy and hoping the quick 2 week turnaround happens here because I have plans for these points :laughing:

LilyJC---$110-$26205-220-AUL-Mar-0/22, 155/23, 220/24-SUBSIDIZED DUES!!- sent 5/1, passed 5/23

Ridiculously late to post this, but wanted to encourage others that there are unicorns to be found in sometimes seemingly unlikely places 🤩 Technically an international seller (BC), but we were thrilled to work with Andy again 😅

LilyJC---$110-$26205-220-AUL-Mar-0/22, 155/23, 220/24-SUBSIDIZED DUES!!- sent 5/1, passed 5/23

Ridiculously late to post this, but wanted to encourage others that there are unicorns to be found in sometimes seemingly unlikely places 🤩 Technically an international seller (BC), but we were thrilled to work with Andy again 😅
Got to be the score of the year! Was Mar a UY you own already or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter