• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lorana---$177-$9509-50-CCV@WL-Sep-0/21, 50/22, 50/23, 50/24-seller pays MF '22- sent 8/27

Looking at resale sites is dangerous…
I only occasionally look at one search engine site with my search parameters saved. That way I only see listings for resorts I already own and my one UY. Keeps things much safer that roaming multiple resale sites.

Hello team ROFR. I just posted this info in the VGC thread but I figure I might as well post it here too for all of us addicted to shopping for points. Got a call from my guide that there are a bucket of 300+ VGC points available for direct purchase. I was tempted to buy a small 50 point contract, but decided to keep my pennies I'm saving for VDH or CCV. Yes direct at VGC is insane, but if you just need 25 or 50 points those small contracts are rare for VGC and go for a premium that narrows the delta between resale and direct. If you need a few VGC points direct, or if you have unlimited buckets of cash to spend, might want to call your guide.

Hello team ROFR. I just posted this info in the VGC thread but I figure I might as well post it here too for all of us addicted to shopping for points. Got a call from my guide that there are a bucket of 300+ VGC points available for direct purchase. I was tempted to buy a small 50 point contract, but decided to keep my pennies I'm saving for VDH or CCV. Yes direct at VGC is insane, but if you just need 25 or 50 points those small contracts are rare for VGC and go for a premium that narrows the delta between resale and direct. If you need a few VGC points direct, or if you have unlimited buckets of cash to spend, might want to call your guide.
Or just buy more VGC resale

Yep agree. I'd only buy direct if you were in a weird spot and an extra 25/50 points would help a lot. Those smaller contracts seem to go for a premium of 290+ a point and are rare on the market.
Yeah but VGC points charts are stratospherically high and a 25 point contract would be useless. You’d be better off getting a larger resale contract instead

Is VGC $300 direct? Seems to be quite a few available resale lately. I hadn't looked lately, but there are a pretty good amount of them listed and some as reduced.

I only occasionally look at one search engine site with my search parameters saved. That way I only see listings for resorts I already own and my one UY. Keeps things much safer that roaming multiple resale sites.
I do the same, except that I frequently move the parameters around to test some different purchase ideas.

I've only recently started to follow these threads. It seems like there hasn't been much activity the last few weeks as opposed to months past.

I’m on team same association for Poly. I look at it more like Kidani/Jambo than CCV/BRV. Someone mentioned earlier that they would only consider Poly2 if it’s a different association but I would only really consider Poly2 if it’s the same association. I intentionally only bought a small amount of Poly points resale recently because I’d like to bulk up with direct points when DVC starts the pre-sale rate. I want the blue card and would like one contract with points that can be used anywhere. I also want the Poly points I just bought to be the contract that I can dig into if we come up short one year because of an upgraded view/room/whatever after I’ve used all of the Poly2 points without needing to wait until 7 months for OTU points. If Poly2 isn’t part of the same association then I’m more likely to look to the EPCOT resorts as a next buy and just bank the current Poly points to use every other year. Like others have said, who knows what Disney will do and I could be very wrong. I’m just hoping it’s the same association.

I’m on team same association for Poly. I look at it more like Kidani/Jambo than CCV/BRV. Someone mentioned earlier that they would only consider Poly2 if it’s a different association but I would only really consider Poly2 if it’s the same association. I intentionally only bought a small amount of Poly points resale recently because I’d like to bulk up with direct points when DVC starts the pre-sale rate. I want the blue card and would like one contract with points that can be used anywhere. I also want the Poly points I just bought to be the contract that I can dig into if we come up short one year because of an upgraded view/room/whatever after I’ve used all of the Poly2 points without needing to wait until 7 months for OTU points. If Poly2 isn’t part of the same association then I’m more likely to look to the EPCOT resorts as a next buy and just bank the current Poly points to use every other year. Like others have said, who knows what Disney will do and I could be very wrong. I’m just hoping it’s the same association.
I’m hoping the exact opposite. Not a fan of Poly1 but totally a fan of the design and aesthetic of Poly2! Just doesn’t make sense to me that Disney would construct from the ground up what looks to be an amazing new resort, and then allow the zillions of Poly1 owners to use their millions of points to book the new accommodations without having to pay a dime, or allow new buyers to buy Poly1 resale, at a discount, instead of direct to book the new tower either. Both scenarios give DVD zero return on an investment of, no doubt, hundreds of millions of dollars.

For me, the arguments that we’ve all read regarding VGF2, or Poly1 buyers rushing to pay for extra points, don’t have much validity. So I’m looking forward to Poly2 having its own association. Who knows if I’m right, but at least it makes sense to me!

The only reason I believe it might be the same association is the 2066 expiration. It’s still long enough for Disney to sell the new tower with 44-45 years of contract left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter