ROFR Thread July to Sept 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to make it through a 5 month delayed closing and just couldn't do it. Made it from May through August, but the proposition of waiting 2 more months, just for the deal to close before all the back end stuff with Disney even started (account set up, loading, etc.) wasn't worth the $1,600 deposit I lost. And THAT was assuming the deal actually closed on time. Went direct and was done and dusted with points in my account in an hour.

And THAT was when ROFR was taking 21-22 days.

I think I would have gave up by now if my deposit wasn’t so much

I wish I knew their method
We all wish that :-) But truthfully no one knows not even Disney. They just take random contracts that fit into their business at the time the contract is up for ROFR review.

Just like the sorting hat in the Harry Potter movies, 1st contract is taken the next two passes and then the forth is taken too.8-)

We all wish that :-) But truthfully no one knows not even Disney. They just take random contracts that fit into their business at the time the contract is up for ROFR review.

Just like the sorting hat in the Harry Potter movies, 1st contract is taken the next two passes and then the forth is taken too.8-)
I meant I wish I knew why some get sent earlier and pass later and vice versa. Obviously it’s not first come first serve type of thing

And once again, they aren't accountable. Day 39 which means day 42 with the weekend.
That’s the hidden cost of buying resale. It’s cheaper, but it’s also an unpleasantly long wait, with the possibility of either having the contract taken or an unreliable seller backing out, or weird title or point issues that take forever to be resolved. It just goes with the territory.

That’s the hidden cost of buying resale. It’s cheaper, but it’s also an unpleasantly long wait, with the possibility of either having the contract taken or an unreliable seller backing out, or weird title or point issues that take forever to be resolved. It just goes with the territory.
It should be more regulated.

But it’s not, and I don’t see it happening anytime soon. I’ve bought most of my points in the last few years, and it’s gotten progressively worse. More recently, I’ve bought more direct points so I can use them at Riviera and other new properties down the line. It’s just so much less painful.
If I don’t pass then I’ll probably go direct and just get less points than I would resale

So, without some serious pixie dust, am I wasting my time even trying for OKW at the prices I'm seeing resale? 100-200 pts. :tink:

Is there a magic $ p/pt Disney will waive thru or the total sale $ amt?
Direct is hard to justify @ $180.

And a 2042 ending kinda fits my demographic, too.👩‍🦳👨‍🦳

So, without some serious pixie dust, am I wasting my time even trying for OKW at the prices I'm seeing resale? 100-200 pts. :tink:

Is there a magic $ p/pt Disney will waive thru or the total sale $ amt?
Direct is hard to justify @ $180.

And a 2042 ending kinda fits my demographic, too.👩‍🦳👨‍🦳

your best option is to look at what passes and what gets taken. At the end of the day your contract might get taken anyway even if your are above what passes. Could also even pass if you pay below, pay whatever you feel is right for you.
When the day comes and your contract is up for ROFR review Disney will look out the window and count the clouds multiply it with pi and if the sun is still shining and the square root equals x then they might take it.

however buying from an international owner should be more or less a sure thing

Good Luck, but I need to stay off this thread! I have had to quit searching sites daily (out of $$$ and waiting on my CCV points to load) but still jealous when someone makes a deal for a lower price.
WELCOME to my life!!! I got 75 points at $160 but then I saw this and I was like, "Shoot, I could have gotten more for less?"

your best option is to look at what passes and what gets taken. At the end of the day your contract might get taken anyway even if your are above what passes. Could also even pass if you pay below, pay whatever you feel is right for you.
When the day comes and your contract is up for ROFR review Disney will look out the window and count the clouds multiply it with pi and if the sun is still shining and the square root equals x then they might take it.

however buying from an international owner should be more or less a sure thing

Ha! Well, at least you made me laugh. Thx!

International you say? Ok...I'll get back to the drawing board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter