ROFR Thread July to Sept 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This prob doesn’t belong on this thread but has anyone mangaged 3 separate UYs (2 different ones for same home resort)? I’m thinking of biting but I just don’t know if the “deal” is worth the admin work (banking windows, calling member services to transfer points if I want on same res etc). Any insight is greatly appreciated!

This prob doesn’t belong on this thread but has anyone mangaged 3 separate UYs (2 different ones for same home resort)? I’m thinking of biting but I just don’t know if the “deal” is worth the admin work (banking windows, calling member services to transfer points if I want on same res etc). Any insight is greatly appreciated!
We balance two which is our limit. It works well as we take a big trip in the fall and use the OKW points for the majority of the trip but stay a few nights prior to when our son and DIL show up and use another UY. They often take a spring trip and we can use the other UY for that too.

If we were taking just one trip a year with an 11 month booking I wouldn't do it personally, but if you stay several times or don't mind a split stay it is easier! Hope this helps!

To me, sounds way too difficult and a huge pain. Just the thought of being forced to call member services on a semi regular basis, and deal with all this complexity, is not worth whatever short term savings you’d realize. Penny wise and dollar foolish.

We balance two which is our limit. It works well as we take a big trip in the fall and use the OKW points for the majority of the trip but stay a few nights prior to when our son and DIL show up and use another UY. They often take a spring trip and we can use the other UY for that too.

If we were taking just one trip a year with an 11 month booking I wouldn't do it personally, but if you stay several times or don't mind a split stay it is easier! Hope this helps!
To me, sounds way too difficult and a huge pain. Just the thought of being forced to call member services on a semi regular basis, and deal with all this complexity, is not worth whatever short term savings you’d realize. Penny wise and dollar foolish.

Thank you for bringing me back down to earth! :) I actually am ok with the two different UYs I currently have (one for CCV and one BLT) bc I’d be booking them separate at 11 mo anyway. The struggle would be if either of those I added a different UY then it really would be a pain to manage. Thank you both! Patience is a virtue!! One will come along

This guy explained how he was set not to buy unless he was able to get the price he paid for VGF. DVC sales made some phone calls and agreed to his price. I just have never heard of it. Maybe I should try next time.
Does “this guy” even exist? Whoever “this guy” is, the story isn’t true. Disney just doesn’t negotiate on direct sales. I tried once to no avail. The thing is, the individual DVC sales people, and the managers with whom they’re in contact, really don’t care if they lose a sale to an uninformed buyer who’s trying to angle for a deal.

I have 3 use years and it's easy to maintain online and don't need to call member services.

I have 3 use years and it's easy to maintain online and don't need to call member services.
[/QUOTE
When it comes to contracts, for me, just keeping in mind the banking windows for multiple UYs is difficult. Then, when you add borrowing and transferring, it’s just too much work. Also, don’t you have to call member services when you want to transfer?

Does “this guy” even exist? Whoever “this guy” is, the story isn’t true. Disney just doesn’t negotiate on direct sales. I tried once to no avail. The thing is, the individual DVC sales people, and the managers with whom they’re in contact, really don’t care if they lose a sale to an uninformed buyer who’s trying to angle for a deal.
Yup! That’s why I didn’t understand why he was so determined that he got a “deal”.

Has anyone heard of price negotiation when buying direct from Disney? Someone said he was able to negotiate Poly direct price from $180 down to $163 back when Disney was selling Poly and VGF as new.
Even without incentives Poly was selling in the 160's direct in 2015. It started the year at $160/pt, then went up to $165 in Feb, then $168 in Dec.

natty650---$280-$21972-75-VGC-Dec-0/20, 40/21, 75/22- sent 7/13

Soooo expensive, but I couldn't resist! I really, really hope this works out!

It's also a different UY than the Aulani contract that just passed ROFR, but I figure these points will only be used at VGC, so it's okay, right?
On which resale site did you find this contract? I'm trying to keep checking but it's so hard!

On which resale site did you find this contract? I'm trying to keep checking but it's so hard!
I found the contract here: https://www.dvcstore.com/. They had another VGC contract for 160 points listed at $295/pt the same day my offer was accepted, but it was gone quickly. Most VGC contracts go quickly, so you have to watch all the sites everyday...like multiple times a day. Lol

Just prior to these listings, there were a few other contracts (on different sites) that I placed offers on, but they ended up accepting offers for the full listing price. Despite being told by some agents that my offers were too low, I knew the max I wanted to spend (this was the ultimate max for me lol) and didn't let them deter me. I was okay with losing out on contracts or having to wait.

Best advice I got when I started shopping for contracts is to be patient and don't get into a bidding war. Patience is super important when looking for a resale contract if you want to get a "good deal". I've noticed that more and more people are listing their contracts because of the high prices they are currently going for, and they want to see how much they can get. Makes sense as a seller, but as a buyer it's up to you if you want to play that game or wait for the right contract to come along.

Good luck on finding the right contract for you!

Last edited:
I should also add that there were a few other contracts that counter offered me lower than listing price (but still higher than I wanted to pay), and I declined. They later sold for listing price because someone was willing to pay the listing price without trying to negotiate, I guess? It's a bummer because I think buyers like that contribute to rising prices. I figure if you make an offer you think is fair, the worst they can say is no (with or without a counter offer), and then you can decide what to do next.

I found the contract here: https://www.dvcstore.com/. They had another VGC contract for 160 points listed at $295/pt the same day my offer was accepted, but it was gone quickly. Most VGC contracts go quickly, so you have to watch all the sites everyday...like multiple times a day. Lol

Just prior to these listings, there were a few other contracts (on different sites) that I placed offers on, but they ended up accepting offers for the full listing price. Despite being told by some agents that my offers were too low, I knew the max I wanted to spend (this was the ultimate max for me lol) and didn't let them deter me. I was okay with losing out on contracts or having to wait.

Best advice I got when I started shopping for contracts is to be patient and don't get into a bidding war. Patience is super important when looking for a resale contract if you want to get a "good deal". I've noticed that more and more people are listing their contracts because of the high prices they are currently going for, and they want to see how much they can get. Makes sense as a seller, but as a buyer it's up to you if you want to play that game or wait for the right contract to come along.

Good luck on finding the right contract for you!
This is great advice. So hard to be patient in this market. Congratulations! And I love the DVC Store. Jamie was my broker who helped with two of my VGC contracts and she was awesome.

Pro tip for the DVC Store, sign up for the text alerts for the specific resort/points/price/UY you want and it will text you as soon as it’s listed. Stalking the website, and even the daily emails might have you miss out. That was advice to us from Jerry S. just recently.

I should also add that there were a few other contracts that counter offered me lower than listing price (but still higher than I wanted to pay), and I declined. They later sold for listing price because someone was willing to pay the listing price without trying to negotiate, I guess? It's a bummer because I think buyers like that contribute to rising prices. I figure if you make an offer you think is fair, the worst they can say is no (with or without a counter offer), and then you can decide what to do next.

This is spot on. Like I told my sales associate at DVCRM when offering on a contract, someone might be willing to over pay, but it’s not going to be me. Like you we held firm, missed out on several contracts there because people were willing to over pay the market price by upwards of $20pp, meanwhile we were patient and got one just at what we felt was the ROFR line. We also felt like these other buyers are contributing to the rapid price escalation. Certain brokers listing them at ridiculous prices is another factor as well. Just because someone lists something for a certain price doesn’t make it worth that price. However, the number of buyers willing to accept their high price and the number of high listings, with notes stating “only full price offer will be accepted” is shocking to me. With all these crazy prices I’m just glad we are done with buying points, for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter